PDA

View Full Version : I fancy some fish n chips

tonypub
21-07-2011, 21:31
as a forum member am i allowed?

onelegnofeet
21-07-2011, 21:36
As a member yes ........as a big lad NOOOOO!!

AL JAY
21-07-2011, 21:39

Awwwwwwww you might get Battered!!! :surrender::D

Santiago
21-07-2011, 21:40

No he won't, he's a chip off the old block!

tonypub
21-07-2011, 21:40
bring it on:boxing::)

onelegnofeet
21-07-2011, 21:41
With SCRAPS ,Sir ?

AL JAY
21-07-2011, 21:47
bring it on:boxing::)

I'll Hali-butt ya... :raspberry:

LeFrunk
21-07-2011, 21:48

Hi Tonypub , as your the local expert , where do you recommend for a good fishsupper , I like the scotch corner but each to their own .

howard thornton
21-07-2011, 21:53
Hi Tonypub , as your the local expert , where do you recommend for a good fishsupper , I like the scotch corner but each to their own .

i have heard ,frydays is very good.in los cris.

onelegnofeet
21-07-2011, 22:06
Mine have just arrived .......................nite all !!!

howard thornton
21-07-2011, 22:07
Mine have just arrived .......................nite all !!!

nite oleg.

Loaded
21-07-2011, 23:52
You guys are taking the peas!

tonypub
22-07-2011, 03:14
hows frydays doing ?

delderek
22-07-2011, 09:05
hows frydays doing ?

Oops, now your in trouble:surrender:

caroletenerife
22-07-2011, 09:20

The sunshine bar do great chips and fish, you need to wait for them to cook fresh, but its definatly worth it, been to some chip shops here and the chips taste like they have been sitting for days

AJP
22-07-2011, 09:38
Tony your talking Codswalop, have you a chip on your shoulder,

onelegnofeet
22-07-2011, 09:54
chips taste like they have been sitting for days

I Am Not A Chip !!!!.............................................. ..............

Incognita
22-07-2011, 11:53
We are doing well considering we have only been open four days, thanks Tony - Ooops am I in trouble now?

Chris P. Bacon
22-07-2011, 12:20
Thread closed......... :doh:

Greg
22-07-2011, 14:23
doner try the kebabs though! :whistle:

onelegnofeet
22-07-2011, 14:24
BURP! i enjoyed mine last nite from THURSDAYS its the one before FRYDAYS !!!

Thread closed......... :doh:

NO ITS NOT ,you dont have that power on here anyway !!!!LOL

glostergirl
22-07-2011, 15:26
hows frydays doing ?

very well thanks tonypub xx

doner try the kebabs though! :whistle:

now now this was a lovely thread greg ha ha

wahay
22-07-2011, 15:57
its fryday chippy tea its the LAW as once said by a well known mr peter kay :lol::lol::lol:

Leam_Lin
22-07-2011, 16:03
Can you give the opening hours for Frydays.

wahay
22-07-2011, 16:10
just reading the flyer i recieved last week its open daily from 0900 till 2am whoop whoop

YOUNG GOLFER
22-07-2011, 16:22
Don't think one chip shop here in Tenerife stands out....not sure why they are so much better back in the UK.

Tried most here without naming names and have to say not that great.

MaxineC
22-07-2011, 16:24
The chippy in San Eugenio is good, never had a bad meal from them... and they deliver!! :cheer: Actually, we had a fish & chip lunch from there today and it was very enjoyable..

tonypub
22-07-2011, 16:45
i ended up having a fish finger sarnie.can you please close this thread now mr/mrs mod ty:love:

dede
22-07-2011, 16:57
We are having fish and chips tonight but from the oasis lounge on the golf..:hungry::hungry:

onelegnofeet
22-07-2011, 17:23
Can you give the opening hours for Frydays.

CLOSED ....................................Thread!!!!

caroletenerife
22-07-2011, 17:44
Don't think one chip shop here in Tenerife stands out....not sure why they are so much better back in the UK.

Most of the chip shops in UK will serve Icelandic frozen at sea cod, or North Sea haddock (mostly top grade)or coastal areas 'fresh' fish (which you cant beat). also most established Uk chippies will have their own recipe batter mix. Plus I think to best appreciate a good fish supper you need to be cold , wet and desperate for some comfort food.

cheery
22-07-2011, 18:06
Most of the chip shops in UK will serve Icelandic frozen at sea cod, or North Sea haddock (mostly top grade)or coastal areas 'fresh' fish (which you cant beat) Actually, unless they are day boats they will have had the fish on ice for several days before going back to port, so, not fresh at all. Not when you consider frozen at sea will have been frozen within 6 hours of coming out of the water. also most established Uk chippies will have their own recipe batter mix. Not true, most shops buy a proprietary brand and pass it off as their own. Plus I think to best appreciate a good fish supper you need to be cold , wet and desperate for some comfort food. As long as the temperature has been fairly stable (fat chance) people will always have their treat, snow, rain and extreme heat in short bursts always kills trade.

caroletenerife
22-07-2011, 18:22
As long as the temperature has been fairly stable (fat chance) people will always have their treat, snow, rain and extreme heat in short bursts always kills trade..

Shouldnt have said UK sorry, meant Scotland..well Arbroath. I managed a fish restaurant in Arbroath, always bought Haddock from local fisherman on day boats (weather permitting) and frozen Icelandic Cod. Even the Lobsters were in the keep till they were ordered. Arbroath chippies ALL have their own batter recipe, even the pakistanis have their own spicy batter (its quite good ). I souldnt have generalised as i appreciate big inner city chip shops dont have the access to fresh produce......But you can SO tell the difference x

Loaded
22-07-2011, 21:16
Here's an idea, why doesn't the forum set up a directory listing, charge local business say 100 euros per year to be listed , include link to website, description map phone number opening hours etc.???

Angusjim
23-07-2011, 08:41

Yet another whinging post about Tenerife can you not post positive things even if they are not true, are you trying to get in Jimandsi's "clique":lol::whistle:

Chris P. Bacon
23-07-2011, 10:37
Thread closed :spin:

TenerifeTeddy
23-07-2011, 10:40
Just to let you know that the moderating team have discussed the closure of the Frydays thread, and our apologies for the time it has taken to answer it, but we needed to consult with the other moderators.

On reflection we agree that the post was closed prematurely, and our apologies for this. We all want to see new ventures suceed we are delighted to see the interest in Frydays, and wish it every success.

tonypub
23-07-2011, 10:40
re-opened this thread with my new sup:crazy:er powers

Added after 3 minutes:

think someone got slow internet today?

kippers for breakfast mmmmm

Added after 2 minutes:

not good for the breath though:kiss2:

Loaded
23-07-2011, 10:47
Can't believe they closed the other thread!!! Nazi mods lol!!!

Angusjim
23-07-2011, 10:57
Can't believe they closed the other thread!!! Nazi mods lol!!!

Loaded its simply about "illegal posting" surley you understand that there can be no deviation from the rules of the forum, fines should be dished out :whistle::reading:

Medman
23-07-2011, 11:47
Think me and my pal ray will get our skates on and our sole purpose will be to perch ourselves outside scampis because after all I have been herring they are dab hands at cod and chips. My pal, eel probably have to queue behind some young whipper snapper giving him time to mullet over to the tuna 5 euros. But for heaven’s hake, I hope we don’t get salmon ella. :hungry::D:hungry:

Incognita
23-07-2011, 11:54
As the owner of Frydays we would like to take this opportunity to thank the Moderators and everyone else who has taken the time and the interest to post. We had never at anytime intended to have any free advertising and to be honest we were overwhelmed at the response. Thank you, Steph and Graham

tonypub
23-07-2011, 11:56
Think me and my pal ray will get our skates on and our sole purpose will be to perch ourselves outside scampis because after all I have been herring they are dab hands at cod and chips. My pal, eel probably have to queue behind some young whipper snapper giving him time to mullet over to the tuna 5 euros. But for heaven’s hake, I hope we don’t get salmon ella. :hungry::D:hungry:youll end up very chubby you lil maggot:raspberry:

Loaded
23-07-2011, 11:57
Loaded its simply about "illegal posting" surley you understand that there can be no deviation from the rules of the forum, fines should be dished out :whistle::reading:

I was joking Jim - hence the lol

Medman
23-07-2011, 12:01
youll end up very chubby you lil maggot:raspberry:

What makes you think I'm not chubby now, you know the song "Who's Chubby Now" :grufalo: I didn't get to where I am today without a fish supper or six.

Angusjim
23-07-2011, 12:04
I was joking Jim - hence the lol

Me too:lol:

onelegnofeet
23-07-2011, 12:11
purpose will be to perch ourselves outside [/U] ella. :hungry::D:hungry:

Please watch where you Perch dont want you catching ...........Crabs ,and passing them on could be very SHELLFISH !!!

delderek
23-07-2011, 12:16
Just to let you know that the moderating team have discussed the closure of the Frydays thread, and our apologies for the time it has taken to answer it, but we needed to consult with the other moderators.

On reflection we agree that the post was closed prematurely, and our apologies for this. We all want to see new ventures suceed we are delighted to see the interest in Frydays, and wish it every success.

Thank's for that, Nice to know that the "Powers that be" listen to the members", and can admit to the occasional error.

Medman
23-07-2011, 12:16
Please watch where you Perch dont want you catching ...........Crabs ,and passing them on could be very SHELLFISH !!!

I've haddock nuf of this, stop carping on, give yourself a hake, the bass thing you could do would be to go and pike your drink. :D

junglejim
23-07-2011, 12:26
Think me and my pal ray will get our skates on and our sole purpose will be to perch ourselves outside scampis because after all I have been herring they are dab hands at cod and chips. My pal, eel probably have to queue behind some young whipper snapper giving him time to mullet over to the tuna 5 euros. But for heaven’s hake, I hope we don’t get salmon ella. :hungry::D:hungry:

I hope you try it on Frydays and don't be a cheap skate and when the Big Chips are down you'll mulLing Dover sole rights to the top Perch and no Carping about it

tonypub
23-07-2011, 12:57
I hope you try it on Frydays and don't be a cheap skate and when the Big Chips are down you'll mulLing Dover sole rights to the top Perch and no Carping about itgudgeon(in a scotsh accent)

glostergirl
23-07-2011, 13:00

thank you very much apology accepted. the past is now history now we can all move on to make this a good forum for everyone!!!

Loaded
23-07-2011, 13:18
Me too:lol:

Lol sozzzz

Added after 4 Hours 9 minutes:

I'm in there now!

Incognita
24-07-2011, 03:19
then why didnt you tell me Loaded??

Loaded
24-07-2011, 09:39
Things kept happening, ruby did the poo from hell, Lilly wanted to inspect the toilets - my GF went blind (side affect from glue on false eyelashes) and then the barman nearly cut his hand off!!! (is he ok?).

Anyway we all really enjoyed it and will defo be back very soon, I would recommend Frydays to anyone and everyone!

Well done!

caliente
24-07-2011, 10:07
thank you very much apology accepted. the past is now history now we can all move on to make this a good forum for everyone!!!

Herd some good things about this chippie from friends. Just have to visit when over next.
BTW how much did the moderators pay you to say that lol, real numpties eh.

CIM
24-07-2011, 11:05
I´ve only been to one chip shop here which was the one in El Funchal. It was very good!
Whereabouts is this one?

Incognita
24-07-2011, 11:25
Ha ha Loaded - it was a bit of a dramatic hour wasnt it! glad you enjoyed it though - yes hubby is fine thanks - fingers all intact!

imablue
24-07-2011, 11:30
I´ve only been to one chip shop here which was the one in El Funchal. It was very good!
Whereabouts is this one?

round the corner from there as though you were heading to the bus station...next to the Heritage bar on San Marino Apartments.....

glostergirl
24-07-2011, 11:51
Things kept happening, ruby did the poo from hell, Lilly wanted to inspect the toilets - my GF went blind (side affect from glue on false eyelashes) and then the barman nearly cut his hand off!!! (is he ok?).

Anyway we all really enjoyed it and will defo be back very soon, I would recommend Frydays to anyone and everyone!

Well done!

that was the boss loaded!! typical man bit of blood then full scale emergency. you were the family with the young baby and possible another child think you sat in the corner?? you were stood at the bar with the baby when the boss cut his pinkie. next time you come introduce yourself its nice to meet members.

Loaded
24-07-2011, 18:10
That's me ! Will do!