21-07-2011, 21:54
Why close the thread?

howard thornton
21-07-2011, 21:56
Why close the thread?

this should be interesting.

tracey
21-07-2011, 21:58
have I trodden on some political issue? It was a genuine question not a dig.

LeFrunk
21-07-2011, 22:01
we had visitors over from the states last week so we brought them round town to the old type bars , 3 of the company had fish and chips the rest had other stuff but i heard one of the yanks saying "that food they are having is very heavy " i dont know what they meant as it would be a normal lunch when we go to town .

tizzywizzy
21-07-2011, 22:02
have I trodden on some political issue? It was a genuine question not a dig.

Tracey it is against t&c to query a mod decision on open forum.

tracey
21-07-2011, 22:06
oh oopss didnt realise it was a communism . Sorry

Harmonicaman
21-07-2011, 22:11
oh oopss didnt realise it was a communism . Sorry
Wassa communism then?:confused:

delderek
21-07-2011, 22:20
May I also remind the powers that be. That I started the original thread and have nothing to do with the owners, and to me they have responded to the many questions put to them by members, and that the amount of pages it generated, meant people were interested.:(

tracey
21-07-2011, 22:24

lol think this will be my last post. Please look up the meaning of ´forum´ppl. bye

howard thornton
21-07-2011, 22:26
May I also remind the powers that be. That I started the original thread and have nothing to do with the owners, and to me they have responded to the many questions put to them by members, and that the amount of pages it generated, meant people were interested.:(

best post of the day.people like there fish and chips on here.

doreen
21-07-2011, 23:20

Of course we realise that del - it's a fine line ... obviously we want to support new businesses, but at what point does it become (sometimes self) promotion. A personal experience here - there was much comment when O'Jangles was announced nearly two years ago as at least two forum members were involved, but other paying advertisers complained about undue promotion/unpaid advertising.

It would be interesting to know what members think - how much be allowed before we say "move along now" :)

Loaded
21-07-2011, 23:45
Has a new fish and chip shop opened up somewhere?

sleepy
22-07-2011, 01:21
Of course we realise that del - it's a fine line ... obviously we want to support new businesses, but at what point does it become (sometimes self) promotion. A personal experience here - there was much comment when O'Jangles was announced nearly two years ago as at least two forum members were involved, but other paying advertisers complained about undue promotion/unpaid advertising.

It would be interesting to know what members think - how much be allowed before we say "move along now" :)

Yes Doreen,I'm sorry to have to say this but it's most certainly a case of 'pot kettle'.You got the maximum out of that thread and probably still do so why should you expect others to be different??

tonypub
22-07-2011, 03:13
wrong to close the thread.not all comments were good.it was a fair thread.:mad:

doreen
22-07-2011, 07:47
Yes Doreen,I'm sorry to have to say this but it's most certainly a case of 'pot kettle'.You got the maximum out of that thread and probably still do so why should you expect others to be different??

Trying hard not to be a Pot :) ... was just pointing out that people complained about what was seen as free advertising and my knuckles were (not so gently) wrapped even though I wasn't doing the hype :)

EDIT - as I said in my post, I would be interested in how much the members think should be allowed to promote a new business

AJP
22-07-2011, 08:14
Is there any difference between talking about a business on a post,and having ones business tag on the bottom of every post you make.As in talking on the Illegal lettings thread, whilst openly promoting the complex your the agent for??

Ecky Thump
22-07-2011, 08:19
Trying hard not to be a Pot :) ... was just pointing out that people complained about what was seen as free advertising and my knuckles were (not so gently) wrapped even though I wasn't doing the hype :)

EDIT - as I said in my post, I would be interested in how much the members think should be allowed to promote a new business

To my mind, if a member opens a new business and opens a thread stating, e.g. "I have now opened a new hairdressers in Los Christianos" and states where it is situated, what services are offered, then this if fine by me, as long as they do not state things like "I am the best, cheapest, special offers on Wednesday", because as forum members we like to know about new businesses in Tenerife. If posts follow and we ask for specific information, then these questions should be allowed and answered, as if I remember correctly was the case in the O'Jangles thread, again to me this was fair and informative for all forum members.

After reading the thread in question, some of the posts were plainly advertising and not just responding to members questions, so I think it was right to close the thread or alternatively, remove some of the posts (a time consuming task and probably not feasible).

Loaded
22-07-2011, 08:51
Perhaps the business owner could be messaged saying something like: "you're getting some great exposure here, how about taking up some advertising?"

If they don't then close the thread on the grounds that all questions have been answered.

Or just merge the thread with the corresponding review of that business which TF is actively building for SEO reasons ?

It's a tough one, the business sometimes milk the forum bit the forum uses the local businesses to create content and dialogue.

tizzywizzy
22-07-2011, 08:51
I agree with Ecky. We want to know about new places and we want information. Many of us on here are not resident but visit often so we want to know as much as we can to decide if it is a place we want to go to. I want to be able to ask a question and to be able to get a answer from the people that can provide that information without them getting accused of self promotion. Will I have to resort to sending PM's instead?

Loaded
22-07-2011, 08:53
Is there any difference between talking about a business on a post,and having ones business tag on the bottom of every post you make.As in talking on the Illegal lettings thread, whilst openly promoting the complex your the agent for??

I think signatures are different to physically typing self promotion on each thread

doreen
22-07-2011, 09:04

This is the one bit of free advertising that anyone on the forum can have - even from their first post (as long as the Spam Chewer doesn't gobble it by mistake). By your logic, tonypub shouldn't post on anything about beer or CIM or YG be involved in property threads :)

Loaded
22-07-2011, 09:20
Offer them advertising spots - if they don't take it up then close the thread ?

Jackie
22-07-2011, 09:29
I really don't see the difference in the thread about Frydays and the review threads. We often get 'owners' of restaurants/bars coming on those threads to answer questions or put things right when complaints are made. Personally I didn't see any promoting of Frydays, only questions that were asked by prospective customers being answered by people in the know. As Del said he has nothing to do with the restaurant but started the thread as an informative one. I seem to remember Scampi's being mentioned in the Frydays thread, is it not some form of advertising everytime a business is mentioned in any thread??I really think people need to chill out a bit or is it the fact they are worried about competition.

I will probably be banned for this comment so I will say Hasta luego now, but for me the mod who actually closed that thread often seem to get on their high horse about things and makes something out of nothing, maybe the forum owners need to look at this because I know for a fact that many members have complained in the correct way about this particular mod on .com with no response at all from the powers that be. Power gone to head me thinks

ddoyle
22-07-2011, 09:36
Two groups of our friends are in Tenerife on holiday at the moment 14 in total. They had fish chips, steak, etc, in Scampi's yesterday evening they all enjoyed their meal and the service. I am in no way associated with Scampie's just a very satisfied customer.

Jackie
22-07-2011, 09:37
Two groups of our friends are in Tenerife on holiday at the moment 14 in total. They had fish chips, steak, etc, in Scampi's yesterday evening they all enjoyed their meal and the service. I am in no way associated with Scampie's just a very satisfied customer.

But it now seems that customers can't mention the name of places because it is a form of advertising:confused:

Chris P. Bacon
22-07-2011, 09:54
I will probably be banned for this comment so I will say Hasta luego now, but for me the mod who actually closed that thread often seem to get on their high horse about things and makes something out of nothing, maybe the forum owners need to look at this because I know for a fact that many members have complained in the correct way about this particular mod on .com with no response at all from the powers that be. Power gone to head me thinks

:lol::lol::lol: (where is the hand clapping smilie?)

doreen
22-07-2011, 10:02
But it now seems that customers can't mention the name of places because it is a form of advertising:confused:

Of course people can mention places - we have review threads ... we are just trying to define a line between a new business (mentioned when not yet open or just open) and unpaid hype/advertising :)

glostergirl
22-07-2011, 10:59

i have posted a pm to the moderator who closed a thread that was important to everyone!! how dare any moderator question my honesty to any posts that i made!! i expect within 24 hours a full retraction of that post that was made by the said moderator!! at least my posts were not slagging people off,being bitchy,back stabbing or anything else that now goes on in this forum nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!! a private message would have sufficed to ask me if i was advertising not a open post questioning my integrity!!! my posts were informative because beleive it or not i may only be a cook but i am intelligent!!!

Added after 2 minutes:

i have posted a pm to the moderator who closed a thread that was important to everyone!! how dare any moderator question my honesty to any posts that i made!! i expect within 24 hours a full retraction of that post that was made by the said moderator!! at least my posts were not slagging people off,being bitchy,back stabbing or anything else that now goes on in this forum nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!! a private message would have sufficed to ask me if i was advertising not a open post questioning my integrity!!! my posts were informative because beleive it or not i may only be a cook but i am intelligent!!! and just to set the record straight re your comment on o'jangles i know personally on this forum roughly 5 people!!! so don't be so quick to tar everyone with the same brush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why??????????????????? they question our integrity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are all allowed a opinon!!!!!!!!!

Added after 2 minutes:

delderek thank you for your posts i replied to them because if i hadn't people would have been saying i am ignorant which i am not!!

best post of the day.people like there fish and chips on here.

thank you howard, we had some teething problems of which i replied to posters.

Added after 3 minutes:

so doreen how many other advertisers complained about the original informative thread????

well said ajp!! no one has ever complained about your advertising doreen!!!!

Perhaps the business owner could be messaged saying something like: "you're getting some great exposure here, how about taking up some advertising?"

If they don't then close the thread on the grounds that all questions have been answered.

Or just merge the thread with the corresponding review of that business which TF is actively building for SEO reasons ?

It's a tough one, the business sometimes milk the forum bit the forum uses the local businesses to create content and dialogue.

very good post

Added after 5 minutes:

I really don't see the difference in the thread about Frydays and the review threads. We often get 'owners' of restaurants/bars coming on those threads to answer questions or put things right when complaints are made. Personally I didn't see any promoting of Frydays, only questions that were asked by prospective customers being answered by people in the know. As Del said he has nothing to do with the restaurant but started the thread as an informative one. I seem to remember Scampi's being mentioned in the Frydays thread, is it not some form of advertising everytime a business is mentioned in any thread??I really think people need to chill out a bit or is it the fact they are worried about competition.

very good comments jackie i to will probably be banned also!! but personally i am not bothered!! i am 50yrs old and will not be treated like a child!! if anyone wants to speak to me personally you know where i am or you can ask me a question on the other forum!! bye xx

TOTO 99
22-07-2011, 11:17
Just for the record, I'd like to see the thread opened up again if that's possible. I have no connection with this or any other chip shop, I just know the difference between right and wrong.

glostergirl
22-07-2011, 11:20
Just for the record, I'd like to see the thread opened up again if that's possible. I have no connection with this or any other chip shop, I just know the difference between right and wrong.

thank you toto 99. i have just spent the last 5 days working my self into the ground in my new job!! to come on here this morning and see the original thread banned has really wound me up and i am so angry at this moment in time!!

wahay
22-07-2011, 11:26
:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:hi glostergirl all i can say if it wasnt for your orignal post i wouldnt of known if there were any poss jobs going xx ps i have pm you hubbys details just give him a bell when you can xxxxxx
thanks for your support :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

doreen
22-07-2011, 11:58
Calm down everyone, please :) We are trying to have a discussion about what is fair to allow ... this would not have been permitted on the old forum, so at least I hope you recognise some progress

TOTO 99
22-07-2011, 12:06
Calm down everyone, please :) We are trying to have a discussion about what is fair to allow ... this would not have been permitted on the old forum, so at least I hope you recognise some progress

To be fair Doreen the discussion came later after people had asked why such an innocent thread had been closed.

wahay
22-07-2011, 12:20
well in that case about advertising why was there many threads posted like this on every single bar in los cris im sure alot of you will reconise the threads that started sucha sucha bar then followed by....................
Have you visited this bar. How was it?

We need your comments.

Write a review to give others an idea of where to go on their jollies

emmess
22-07-2011, 13:34
I may be splitting hairs here, but I'm fairly certain that Glostergirl works at Frydays rather than actually being one of the owners. The thread was closed because it was felt that the owners were using it to advertise. I don't think that this is the case. For what it's worth, I also don't think it was any different to lots of other similar threads which are left to run.

onelegnofeet
22-07-2011, 14:12
Cripes its hotter in here than a deep fat fryer !!!

Medman
22-07-2011, 14:18
Cripes its hotter in here than a deep fat fryer !!!

I'm not going to fritter away my time and get wrapped up on this subject. I'm sticking to the Fun & Games threads. Less chance of being verbally a salted and done up like a kipper !! :D

onelegnofeet
22-07-2011, 14:19
I'm not going to fritter away my time and get wrapped up on this subject. I'm sticking to the Fun & Games threads. Less chance of being verbally a salted and done up like a kipper !! :D

I agree theres a PLAICE for us all on this forum !!!

captain jack sparrow
22-07-2011, 14:43
Mods, there has to be some balance here, Removing threads just because some one is getting a little coverage for their buisness, where is the problem ? The thread will run its course and probably dissapeer on to the last page after a couple of weeks, Unlike the paying advertisers who advertise on here all the time. ( and to which i dont mind).

The thread about certain businesses which you should avoid Which incidently slates some buisnesses many of whoom do not / cannot come on here to defend themselves has been running since the 8th of june and is still available to see, ( http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?1217-Places-to-avoid-or-watch-out-for-in-Tenerife.) Yet i would of thought that to be considerably more damming than having a small plug for your chip shop, which glostergirl obviously is very passionate about, But I for one will go and have fish and chips there, as i will go to tony's pub, o'jangles and see young golfer about a excursion, probably because i feel, how ever small it may be, a connection to them through this forum. Don't drive people away by over modding as iv'e experienced it on other forums.

wahay
22-07-2011, 15:46
Mods, there has to be some balance here, Removing threads just because some one is getting a little coverage for their buisness, where is the problem ? The thread will run its course and probably dissapeer on to the last page after a couple of weeks, Unlike the paying advertisers who advertise on here all the time. ( and to which i dont mind).

The thread about certain businesses which you should avoid Which incidently slates some buisnesses many of whoom do not / cannot come on here to defend themselves has been running since the 8th of june and is still available to see, ( http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?1217-Places-to-avoid-or-watch-out-for-in-Tenerife.) Yet i would of thought that to be considerably more damming than having a small plug for your chip shop, which glostergirl obviously is very passionate about, But I for one will go and have fish and chips there, as i will go to tony's pub, o'jangles and see young golfer about a excursion, probably because i feel, how ever small it may be, a connection to them through this forum. Don't drive people away by over modding as iv'e experienced it on other forums.

THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN CALLING NICELY SAID MR SPARROW :chillpill::chillpill::chillpill::chillpill:

KirstyJay
22-07-2011, 16:05
To be fair Doreen the discussion came later after people had asked why such an innocent thread had been closed.

To be fair, no it didn't the discussion started when the original thread started, but you were not privy to it, as it was a MODERATORS discussion and therefore only visible to the admin team. ;)

One of the suggestions made to make sure people don't take the Mickey of free advertising, whilst still allowing support of new businesses, was to close threads after 2 pages.

There are now 3 threads about frydays... So was this a good idea? They certainly seem to be getting more than would be considered acceptable advertising now...

We allowed frydays thread as a courtesy to delderek as a long term member, but even he is criticizing the decision... Shows you can't win. ;)

delderek
22-07-2011, 16:21
To be fair, no it didn't the discussion started when the original thread started, but you were not privy to it, as it was a MODERATORS discussion and therefore only visible to the admin team. ;)

One of the suggestions made to make sure people don't take the Mickey of free advertising, whilst still allowing support of new businesses, was to close threads after 2 pages.

In my opinion no. On numerous other threads started by a mod, we are asked "have you been to xx place, what do you think etc".

There are now 3 threads aboy frydays... So was this a good idea?

In my opinion NO. On numerous other threads started by a mod, we are asked "have you been to xx place, what do you think etc".
and some of these threads were open for years on the old forum.So one would presume it is asking for comments.(and hopefully the right of the owners to reply) Now I fully understand the advertising arguments and how jealous business owners can be in Tenerife,,,,but this is a "New" business and only now in its 5th day of trading. My original title was "new chippy in Los Cris" it was the mod team that inserted the name of the place in the thread.
So at the risk of an infraction, a completely unjustified closure.

doreen
22-07-2011, 16:31
I don't think we will be infracting anyone over this thread - it is an important discussion for the forum and how we want it to be - supportive of members and new business, but yet not taken advantage of .....

EDIT - hopefully not infracting - I'm not a Mod :)

tonypub
22-07-2011, 16:33
I don't think we will be infracting anyone over this thread - it is an important discussion for the forum and how we want it to be - supportive of members and new business, but yet not taken advantage of .....i dont think the thread was taking advantage,ive seen alot worse.

doreen
22-07-2011, 16:36
i dont think the thread was taking advantage,ive seen alot worse.

New signature, Tony :lol: So what is worse - what should not be allowed and what should be ???

tonypub
22-07-2011, 16:39
New signature, Tony :lol: So what is worse - what should not be allowed and what should be ???well all these seem to be allowed http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/forumdisplay.php?37-Tenerife-Reviews why not frydays?

Added after 2 minutes:

scampis is 5 pages long,whats the difference between the 2 chippys?

doreen
22-07-2011, 16:45
well all these seem to be allowed http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/forumdisplay.php?37-Tenerife-Reviews why not frydays?

Added after 2 minutes:

scampis is 5 pages long,whats the difference between the 2 chippys?

Because that is what they are - reviews ... something that happens after someone has eaten/drunk there (or gotten drunk there;))

How many have actually eaten in this new chippys that is now being so heavily mentioned

PS Any truth to the rumour that you were one of the objectors to the original O'Jangles thread :lol: note the smiley

tonypub
22-07-2011, 16:47
PS Any truth to the rumour that you were one of the objectors to the original O'Jangles thread :lol:note the smiley seriously?

emmess
22-07-2011, 16:50
I don't think we will be infracting anyone over this thread - it is an important discussion for the forum and how we want it to be - supportive of members and new business, but yet not taken advantage of .....

EDIT - hopefully not infracting - I'm not a Mod :)

I've looked a couple of times under your name Doreen because I thought you were a Mod!

Loaded
22-07-2011, 16:50
Thank **** it's Fryday

doreen
22-07-2011, 16:54
I've looked a couple of times under your name Doreen because I thought you were a Mod!

No - just someone closely involved in saving this forum, and so rather passionate about it :)

Tinkabel
22-07-2011, 16:57
Because that is what they are - reviews ... something that happens after someone has eaten/drunk there (or gotten drunk there;))

How many have actually eaten in this new chippys that is now being so heavily mentioned

PS Any truth to the rumour that you were one of the objectors to the original O'Jangles thread :lol: note the smiley

I have Doreen and posted a review about my experience, also there were one or 2 other members who have also eaten there and reviewed their findings on the thread. Whatever decision the admin/mod team decide upon we'll have to abide by but would there be a problem if we decided to start a proper review thread on Frydays?

emmess
22-07-2011, 17:01
No - just someone closely involved in saving this forum, and so rather passionate about it :)

new job for you then :eyebrows::whistle:

doreen
22-07-2011, 18:02
I have Doreen and posted a review about my experience, also there were one or 2 other members who have also eaten there and reviewed their findings on the thread. Whatever decision the admin/mod team decide upon we'll have to abide by but would there be a problem if we decided to start a proper review thread on Frydays?

It would be good if someone did start a review thread on Frydays ... and normal service can be resumed :)

admin
22-07-2011, 18:42
but would there be a problem if we decided to start a proper review thread on Frydays?No, in fact this would be more than welcome... what is a problem is when a moderator decision is made to close the thread and rather than posting a help ticket, or contacting the mods, 3 threads pop up taking the mickey and questioning that mod decision on the open thread.

We are trying to come up with solutions that will support new businesses, yet not annoy our sponsors, whose payments for advertising actually PAY for the forum and without such, it would not continue to be a free marketing resource supporting new businesses, charities and its members when they need help.

I think a lot of people forget those small facts when they throw a wobbly over a mod decision, and rather than contacting the mods and simply making an enquiry, they decide to make issues or cause problems or post multiple threads. None of it was really necessary, was it? ;)

Do people think that the mods are unreasonable people that choose to close threads on a whim?... If so, you have the wrong end of the stick. NONE of the moderators go out of their way to cause problems, we have enough to do, we just try and keep the status quo. That status quo involves everyone.... new businesses, workers, employers, holidaymakers, expats... AND our advertisers. Every member has different needs, and bullying your point across is not necessary. We are reviewing our operational T&Cs and have been doing for a while to try and make the forum fair for everyone.

On another note... the forum is still, in effect, privately owned. It is only being run as a community based entity because we choose to do so, so I don't really think any business should feel hard done by that they are not getting more than their fair quota of free advertising ;)

delderek
22-07-2011, 18:59
I will repeat once again this is only the 5th day of opening. Not 5 weeks, and you have completely ignored the fact that someone put the name of the business in the title, not the OP.

It also should be noted that on another forum even a price list has been posted, at the request of members.

Some of the "we have to abide by the rules" answers, are at best not an answer, for a wrong decision that has obviously wound up many members, including me. Is it beyond the team to say "perhaps we were wrong"

AL JAY
22-07-2011, 19:01
I will repeat once again this is only the 5th day of opening. Not 5 weeks, and you have completely ignored the fact that someone put the name of the business in the title, not the OP.

It also should be noted that on another forum even a price list has been posted, at the request of members.

Some of the "we have to abide by the rules" answers, are at best not an answer, for a wrong decision that has obviously wound up many members, including me. Is it beyond the team to say "perhaps we were wrong"

*Post of the day* Del.

pablo1
22-07-2011, 19:13

And is it beyond members to complain privately instead of getting all riled and publicly slating the decision ?
Perhaps they were wrong, but why some are so determined to carry on bringing it into the public domain I don't know.
This subject has obviously upset some members, but i'm sure I saw a post by Doreen which asked people to give their opinion on what's the best way to move on, unfortunately no posts were forthcoming, only more questioning the original decision.

Chippygate- July 2011- ?

delderek
22-07-2011, 19:24
And is it beyond members to complain privately instead of getting all riled and publicly slating the decision ?
Perhaps they were wrong, but why some are so determined to carry on bringing it into the public domain I don't know.
This subject has obviously upset some members, but i'm sure I saw a post by Doreen which asked people to give their opinion on what's the best way to move on, unfortunately no posts were forthcoming, only more questioning the original decision.

Chippygate- July 2011- ?

What do you think the outcome would have been "The moderators decision is final" At least this way the forum is being used for discussion, which is what most forums are for. But I am beginning to get worried about this one.

pablo1
22-07-2011, 19:32
What do you think the outcome would have been "The moderators decision is final" At least this way the forum is being used for discussion, which is what most forums are for. But I am beginning to get worried about this one.

I'm sorry that you think that this forum is in some kind of danger Del, but i'm pretty sure that those responsible for making the decisions on here are willing to listen to it's members gripes.
As a subject matter on it's own, this makes for a great debate ' What should and shouldn't be allowed on a forum '
Unfortunately this one seems to have gotten out of hand and any real debate is going to be unlikely due to the tensions obviously involved.
I hope this matter can be sorted out amicably, as any other way could damage the forum, and we don't want that..... Do we ?

marbro8
22-07-2011, 20:09
just quickly read through this thread and the funny thing is (if it is funny?) is that if someone had worded the thread"frydays have you eaten there and what do you think?" this would never have happened!!

TOTO 99
22-07-2011, 20:30

There are now 3 threads about frydays... So was this a good idea? They certainly seem to be getting more than would be considered acceptable advertising now...

We allowed frydays thread as a courtesy to delderek as a long term member, but even he is criticizing the decision... Shows you can't win. ;)

Well thanks very much kirsty.
I started my post with "to be fair" because that's exactly what I wanted to be. You on the other hand started your thread with "to be fair" to mock my words and belittle me for, in your words, "not being privvy" to what goes on behind the scenes. I have no defence. I am not Derren Brown.
I'm shocked that it's come to this when I've only ever seen myself as a fair minded poster. Someone made a mistake by closing the thread. They're human. It was a mistake. Will anyone admit that or will it just go unquestioned?

Loaded
22-07-2011, 20:38
Do they deliver ? If not I'm on a roys again

Jackie
22-07-2011, 20:45
just quickly read through this thread and the funny thing is (if it is funny?) is that if someone had worded the thread"frydays have you eaten there and what do you think?" this would never have happened!!

So the question is Marbro, would it have been so difficult for the mod who closed the thread to have changed the title instead or was it a case of being a jobsworth??? I know what my answer is but as I don't have the authority, unlike the mod in question to abuse them on the open forum I will keep my answer to myself ;)

marbro8
22-07-2011, 20:56
So the question is Marbro, would it have been so difficult for the mod who closed the thread to have changed the title instead or was it a case of being a jobsworth??? I know what my answer is but as I don't have the authority, unlike the mod in question to abuse them on the open forum I will keep my answer to myself ;) in my experience tbh whenever i have posted a thread that has been Miss titled a mod has always re titled it to suite anyway? if the mod in question has made a genuine error in this case (and i really do not know who they are because i really did quickly read through the thread} then please just admit it? they say that it takes a better person to admit that they are wrong, but if you feel that you were right in your decision then say so and give your reasons and we can debate some more:spin:

Jackie
22-07-2011, 21:02
in my experience tbh whenever i have posted a thread that has been Miss titled a mod has always re titled it to suite anyway? if the mod in question has made a genuine error in this case (and i really do not know who they are because i really did quickly read through the thread} then please just admit it? they say that it takes a better person to admit that they are wrong, but if you feel that you were right in your decision then say so and give your reasons and we can debate some more:spin:

I would think it obvious who closed it, you only have to read the last post

wahay
22-07-2011, 21:13
yes they do..deliver....................................... ...................

AL JAY
22-07-2011, 21:17
yes they do..deliver....................................... ...................

Well can i have liver & mash please...:hungry::whistle:

wahay
22-07-2011, 21:19
Well can i have liver & mash please...:hungry::whistle:
another peter kay classic hahahahahaha

marbro8
22-07-2011, 22:10
I would think it obvious who closed it, you only have to read the last postwell if the thread you are talking about is" i fancy some fish and chips" then i can not see what all the fuss is about? to me ( and i may be thick) but there is no blatant advertising at all? unless it is very subtle? so i can see why glostergirl is getting so upset tbh:spin:

Loaded
22-07-2011, 22:32
I Ended up cooking but will give "a fish and chip serving establishment" a go soon

glostergirl
23-07-2011, 03:35
Do they deliver ? If not I'm on a roys again

yes they do

TenerifeTeddy
23-07-2011, 10:12
Just to let you know that the moderating team have discussed the closure of the Frydays thread, and our apologies for the time it has taken to answer it, but we needed to consult with the other moderators.

On reflection we agree that the post was closed prematurely, and our apologies for this. We all want to see new ventures suceed we are delighted to see the interest in Frydays, and wish it every success.

TenerifeTeddy
23-07-2011, 10:38
As there are several threads relating to Frydays and fish and chips in general currently open, we have decided to close this one, for continuity. No reflection on any of the content here, please continue to post on the open threads. " Review of Frydays Fish and Chips" or "I fancy some fish and chips" Thank you.