PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Rental 2 bed private apartment in Sunset Bay, Torviscas, for holiday let by owners

medeson
21-07-2011, 22:18
Only just getting round to linking up with the new forum, good to see things getting back to normal.

As title, just to advise we are private owners who rent out our 2-bed apartment in Sunset Bay for Holiday Lets.

Some availability including Xmas/New Years weeks.

Malcolm & Linda

kerri
21-07-2011, 23:17
where in tenerife is sunset bay

medeson
22-07-2011, 09:46
where in tenerife is sunset bay

Good Morning,

It's in Torviscas which is just down the hill from the San Eugenio Shopping Centre, between there and Fanabe. If you knows the area it is next door to Santa Maria opposite the Taxi Rank.

You can see on this map which also shows the location of Panorama where we have 2 x 1-bed apartments.

http://www.love-tenerife.co.uk/resources/map-las500.gif

Malcolm

DeedeeTipperary
22-07-2011, 17:29
Just had a peek at your 2-bed in Sunset Bay :) It looks amazing ! I hope to hit back next June all going well , so its good to know about this lovely apartment .

medeson
22-07-2011, 18:06
DeeDee,

Thanks, we love staying here ourselves as it just has so much room and you get a lovely breeze through the apartment with the windows and doors on all sides and you get the most fabulous sunset views over La Gomera. June is traditionally quite in Tenerife so am sure we can help you.

Linda

jml
02-09-2012, 12:57
Hello to Malcolm and Linda

I have just joined the Forum and saw your details about a 2 bed apartment in Sunset Bay. Is this possibly available to rent from 21st December 2012 to 4th January 2013?

My Dad and I try to go to Torviscas, especially Sunset Bay, every year over Christmas and/or New Year but we are still looking for somewhere this year.

Thanks and regards

Jackie/jml

deb.neighbour
18-07-2015, 17:19
Hi, I am looking to rent a two bedroomed apartment from 23rd July 2016 for four weeks. Can you please let me know how much this would be and whether you have any vacancies. Also I would need another apartment for my sister to rent out. She would need a two bedroomed apartment as well. Do you know of any? Hope to hear from you soon.

medeson
18-07-2015, 17:31
Ann,

I've just replied to your email directly.

Regards

Malcolm

Hi, I am looking to rent a two bedroomed apartment from 23rd July 2016 for four weeks. Can you please let me know how much this would be and whether you have any vacancies. Also I would need another apartment for my sister to rent out. She would need a two bedroomed apartment as well. Do you know of any? Hope to hear from you soon.

Moderator___
18-07-2015, 17:35
you have probably checked this out already but are you sure you are allowed to rent your apartments privately? If you are not up to date with the latest position on the situation check out the thread on Illegal Letting or JA's website. Sorry if I have got your position all wrong but there are heavy fines for not complying with the law and I wouldn't want anyone to fall foul of the law through not knowing about it.

TOTO 99
18-07-2015, 17:58
you have probably checked this out already but are you sure you are allowed to rent your apartments privately? If you are not up to date with the latest position on the situation check out the thread on Illegal Letting or JA's website. Sorry if I have got your position all wrong but there are heavy fines for not complying with the law and I wouldn't want anyone to fall foul of the law through not knowing about it.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with this post. I hope it's helped the forum turn a corner regarding the JA website.....With a little luck we'll soon be able to put the full name on here, but one step at a time eh?...:respect:

Ecky Thump
18-07-2015, 18:17
I have to say, I'm very impressed with this post. I hope it's helped the forum turn a corner regarding the JA website.....With a little luck we'll soon be able to put the full name on here, but one step at a time eh? ....:respect:

I know someone named "Janet", but she has a different surname to the one you are referring to....One step eh. :D

Angusjim
19-07-2015, 07:21

Both these complexes are touristic and I am sure they knows the rules I have rented the one at Sunsetbay and it is a lovely apartment:c2:

cheery
19-07-2015, 21:21
We have just come back from this resort this morning, in fact we stayed in the apartment underneath this one. As it is a timeshare complex I am sure they know the rules. I can vouch for the fact that it is also a really quiet location within the complex and gets lovely sunsets.

Angusjim
19-07-2015, 21:29
We have just come back from this resort this morning, in fact we stayed in the apartment underneath this one. As it is a timeshare complex I am sure they know the rules. I can vouch for the fact that it is also a really quiet location within the complex and gets lovely sunsets.

Sunsetbay is a great complex but for this apartment being fit is a bonus quite few steps :wow: but nice spot and as you say quiet :)

cheery
20-07-2015, 15:21
It always amazes me when people comment on the inclines, steps etc. in holiday resorts. Tenerife is a volcano that rises quite sharply to say the least. If anyone wants a holiday somewhere flat, try Holland. :laugh: One complex in Los Cris is described as Heart Attack Hill. We live in the Peak District and can't walk 100 yards without going up or downhill so it doesn't bother us at all. My mate lives virtually at the top of Roque del Conde and I would admit that is steep.

TOTO 99
20-07-2015, 15:26
It always amazes me when people comment on the inclines, steps etc. in holiday resorts. Tenerife is a volcano that rises quite sharply to say the least. If anyone wants a holiday somewhere flat, try Holland. :laugh: One complex in Los Cris is described as Heart Attack Hill. We live in the Peak District and can't walk 100 yards without going up or downhill so it doesn't bother us at all. My mate lives virtually at the top of Roque del Conde and I would admit that is steep.

With respect, surely it's better to let people know in advance what they're getting into when they're looking for an apartment?...

cheery
20-07-2015, 15:43
It isn't that steep and there are lifts here and there. They also have golf buggies for you and your luggage.

Angusjim
20-07-2015, 15:45

Cheery how did you pick that name you don't come across very cheery:laugh::laugh::spin:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

It isn't that steep and there are lifts here and there. They also have golf buggies for you and your luggage.

The golf buggy will not get you up the 4th floor of Block H :whistle::whistle:

BobMac
20-07-2015, 16:32
Both these complexes are touristic and I am sure they knows the rules I have rented the one at Sunsetbay and it is a lovely apartment:c2:

They might be touristic, but it is still illegal to holiday let them privately; all lettings MUST be done through on-site agent unless you want to risk a very serious fine.

cheery
20-07-2015, 18:06
If you go through the on-site agent you can request an easy access room. If you want a view you have to negotiate a few steps. Or holiday in Holland.

Angusjim
20-07-2015, 18:20
They might be touristic, but it is still illegal to holiday let them privately; all lettings MUST be done through on-site agent unless you want to risk a very serious fine.

Not disagreeing with you, all I said was I am sure they know the rules:wink:

marbro8
20-07-2015, 18:29
If you go through the on-site agent you can request an easy access room. If you want a view you have to negotiate a few steps. Or holiday in Holland. i have holidayed in holland. i couldn't do with all those cyclists on the pavement wizzing past you at 100 miles an hour:nono:, no. give me los cris or las americas sea front any day:whistle:

cheery
20-07-2015, 18:50
Those chuffing electric scooters should be thrown off the back of one of the whale watching boats. Along with the riders. it won't be long before there is a serious accident with them.

lynno52
20-07-2015, 18:53
Those chuffing electric scooters should be thrown off the back of one of the whale watching boats. Along with the riders. it won't be long before there is a serious accident with them.

Wrong Thread!:lol::lol: Please stay on topic :whistle:

TOTO 99
20-07-2015, 19:38
So let me get this straight....If you're infirm you must forever only holiday in Holland?

How am I doing so far?

Then, if by any chance you need to get about by electric scooter you really need to be thrown from a whale trip?.....Seriously?

I have infirm family.........My good friend marbro8 has a member of his family who needs a scooter so she can get about........

You must be so proud Cheery.............but you need to know that we left that kinda crap behind in the 70's mate.........:redcard:

TOTO 99
20-07-2015, 21:04
Fair enough...my mistake.

Still leaves Holland.

cheery
20-07-2015, 23:49
i have holidayed in holland. i couldn't do with all those cyclists on the pavement wizzing past you at 100 miles an hour:nono:, no. give me los cris or las americas sea front any day:whistle:

Wrong Thread!:lol::lol: Please stay on topic :whistle:

I was replying to the above thread and it is all in context.

Fair enough...my mistake.

Still leaves Holland.

It is a bit daft to complain about the topography of a location if you have mobility issues. Surely it is better to go somewhere more suited to your ability. It's a bit like going on a sailing holiday if you suffer from seasickness. It's similar to people who pay £2.50 for a holiday and then go on Trip Advisor to say it was rubbish. Stay in a palce such as Tenerife and there will be lots of inclines. Unless you sleep on the beach. :laugh:

Just my opinion and feel free to disagree with it if you want.

Angusjim
21-07-2015, 06:42
If you go through the on-site agent you can request an easy access room. If you want a view you have to negotiate a few steps. Or holiday in Holland.

Who is the on site agent that you used I was unaware there was one ? I know a few have arrangements with Diamond but did not relize there is an on site agent

cheery
21-07-2015, 08:33
We used Travel Republic who issue a voucher to hand in at reception. It was £321 for a week in case you were wondering.

Angusjim
21-07-2015, 09:17
We used Travel Republic who issue a voucher to hand in at reception. It was £321 for a week in case you were wondering.

Yes that's one that have an arrangement with Diamond, interesting price was that a one bedroom ? there is a lot discontent amongst owners with prices being given to Joe public that are cheaper than owners maintenance costs.

cheery
21-07-2015, 11:05
One bed with a pullout in the lounge. The apartment was huge and the only thing it didn't have was a washing machine but there is an on-site laundry.

BABrennan
25-10-2015, 16:43
Hello Malcolm & Linda,
We are a retired couple seeking an apartment from Dec 31st 2015, to Feb 27th 2016.
We would like the apartment to have:
Sunny terrace /balcony
Bath in bathroom
UK TV channels
WIFI
Washing mc
Near shops, restaurants, bars etc
Not on a hill
Elevator or not many stairs.

Kind regards.
B. Brennan

Angusjim
25-10-2015, 16:51
I have stayed in this apartment it is a lovely apartment with a huge terrace that gets the sun all day but is at the top of the resort and although there are lifts that take you part of the way to block H, there are numerous steps to climb to get to this Penthouse apartment.

medeson
25-10-2015, 20:09
I have stayed in this apartment it is a lovely apartment with a huge terrace that gets the sun all day but is at the top of the resort and although there are lifts that take you part of the way to block H, there are numerous steps to climb to get to this Penthouse apartment.

Thank you Jim :)
As Jim says our apartment would have lots of what you are looking for but not all i'm afraid, plus it's not available i'm afraid. If you are on facebook there are a number of Tenerife Rental Groups which may turn up something. I do know of an agent who may be able to help. If you PM me your email address I'll send you details.

Malcolm

Stewartlfc
16-12-2015, 23:52
Good evening
Due to abooking mix up by booking.com , am now looking for 2nights from 30th dec for 2 adults 2 kids ..thank you very much please get bk to me if its possible .PM me.

jandy
23-01-2016, 00:46
Hi Looking to rent 2 bed apartment from 23rd March to 30th March. Can you please let me know if you have a vacancy then and how much it would be. Thanks.

medeson
23-01-2016, 11:53
Sorry, unable to help you with this but have sent you a PM.

bally_kaye
26-05-2016, 20:58
Hi there, we are looking for an apartment in Sunset bay from 26th Dec 2016 till 2nd jan 2017 if you have availability. Please let me know price if available. Thank you.

DeniseC
18-07-2016, 12:11
Hi

Hope you do not mind me asking if so my sincere apologies and I will not bother you again

We are looking for apartments and villas in Tenerife to rent for our big portfolio of clients who go to Tenerife

Would you be interested at all in us helping rent your apartment as I’m sure we can get you bookings

We have been renting in Tenerife since 1998

We are a registered business in Congleton Cheshire UK

Please contact Denise at Internet Travel Shop on +44 (0)1260 297979

bobbychariot
22-07-2016, 16:36
hi do you have availability august 01/08/16- 01/09/16 and what is cost ?

Christine24
02-09-2016, 16:41
Hi Malcolm and Linda. I am celebrating my friends 70 (4 ladies in total) and I would like to ask if we could rent your apartment from 17 Nov 1 week. Please could you let me know if this is possible. Kind regards Christine

medeson
02-09-2016, 19:04
Christine,

Congratulations, I'm sorry to say we are not able to help you with your requirement however, sent you a message.

Malcolm & Linda

Markog
11-09-2016, 14:40
Is there an apartment for 29/9 - 10/10. Must be low ground for two people

enzothebaker
11-09-2016, 17:36
Hi,
I know its a bit late but any availability for all Nov - Feb? (couple retired). May be able to make alternative arrangement over Xmas. :pray:

medeson
11-09-2016, 19:50
Is there an apartment for 29/9 - 10/10. Must be low ground for two people

Hi,

I'm afraid we don't have anything for that specific period, very hard to find availability now the summer holidays in the UK are over.

We do have 7th to 14th Oct available in our 1-bed in Panorama, Appt 329.
Not on the ground floor (2nd floor) but there are lifts to all floors and is quite a small complex. Lovely sea views, all conveniences, UK TV etc. a real home from home, but I suspect your dates are fixed?

Search for "Panorama329" in google for picture gallery.

Sorry we can't help you, please do check with us again if you are looking for somewhere similar.

Regards

Malcolm & Linda

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hi,
I know its a bit late but any availability for all Nov - Feb? (couple retired). May be able to make alternative arrangement over Xmas. :pray:

I'm afraid not, that will be a tough ask I think.

We do have almost 3 weeks in Dec, 3rd to 23rd Dec, that's in our 1-bed in Panorama, Appt 235

(Just type "Panorama235" into Google to get the picture gallery)

It might be an option for you if you have to move around a bit. Other than those dates we are choc-a-bloc until April 2017

There is an agent we have used who might be able to help, type "holidays4u" into google and you should find her (Karen) website.
If you call her you can mention our names, she may have something or could put something together for you.

Sorry we couldn't help ourselves.

Regards

Malcolm & Linda

enzothebaker
11-09-2016, 20:36
Thanks for the reply - will bear dates in mind.
Best wishes,
enzo