PDA

View Full Version : Which airlines allow you to buy extra luggage allowance?

lord_cheeseman
22-07-2011, 14:45
Iberia etc allow you to do this, no direct flights to the UK though. Jet2 will allow this also up to 30kg, which isn't enough. I need to take around 60-70kg of stuff to the UK. Most airlines have this 15kg per kilo excessive luggage rule which is pants. Does anyone know which airlines that fly directly to the Uk allow you to buy extra luggage. I've thought about cargo but the best quote i've had so far is 900 euro!

Mutley
22-07-2011, 15:15
Try Juan de La Rosa, that who we are using and they are only charging 1.30 per kilo for boxes just now.

anto3
22-07-2011, 15:28
You could go through Dublin with Aerlingus.Might be cheaper that way

cainaries
22-07-2011, 15:58
Iberia etc allow you to do this, no direct flights to the UK though. Jet2 will allow this also up to 30kg, which isn't enough. I need to take around 60-70kg of stuff to the UK. Most airlines have this 15kg per kilo excessive luggage rule which is pants. Does anyone know which airlines that fly directly to the Uk allow you to buy extra luggage. I've thought about cargo but the best quote i've had so far is 900 euro!
You can book your bags straight through on Iberia. You might have to kill a couple of hours in Madrid which would give you a shopping opportunity to add a few more kilos.

Dan747
23-07-2011, 15:38
The issue you will have is that due to health and safety, the usual maximum weight of a normal hold bag is 32kg, anything over that and it's considered too heavy for the baggage handlers to safely deal with, therefore it would generally be classed as cargo on most airlines and have a bigger fee attached. The likes of Jet2 get around this by offering you 2 or 3 bags upto 32kg, that way they are within the rules.

princessmonika
24-07-2011, 07:23
air lingus , but it is cheaper to take a second suitcase , for 3kg you pay the same as a 20 kg suitcase

Steve Martin
28-07-2011, 06:58
In fact all the big air lines in the world like Air France,China Air,British Air ways,Emirates,TWA in USA etc.All provide the extra luggage facility with quality services.