PDA

View Full Version : Weather widget added

KirstyJay
04-06-2011, 01:22
I have added the BBC weather on the sidebar. I hope it's useful to you all :)

slodgedad
04-06-2011, 01:26
I.think it's a good idea. No use to me though as I never have the side bar on.....:idea:

TenerifeFanatic
04-06-2011, 01:53
Good idea.:)

Vortex Wake
04-06-2011, 08:07
I'm the muppet who voted 'I don't like it's ' before realising I can turn the whole side bar off as it does not format well on my phone screen.

DeeD
04-06-2011, 09:08
MMmmm perhaps I'd like it if it was the Spanish met office forecast. Can't see rain forecast on Sunday on any of the local ones!

Muppet
04-06-2011, 09:09
Taking my name in vain again ? huh

Seriously though, weather widgets are all very well if they are actually accurate - looking at it right now we are in for highs today of 33 and tomorrow heavy rain and 23 degrees - erm wrong on both counts - 28 is the expected high today and tomorrow will be much the same as today.

christa
04-06-2011, 09:23
I'm the muppet who voted 'I don't like it's ' before realising I can turn the whole side bar off as it does not format well on my phone screen.

How do you turn the side bar off please?

Jackie
04-06-2011, 09:25
Taking my name in vain again ? huh

Seriously though, weather widgets are all very well if they are actually accurate - looking at it right now we are in for highs today of 33 and tomorrow heavy rain and 23 degrees - erm wrong on both counts - 28 is the expected high today and tomorrow will be much the same as today.

Do you know what Muppet, rather than taking your word for that I might just wait and see. I remember Fred Perry warning us about the three storms that hit us a few months ago and you told us all not to worry as we were only going to get a 'bit of rain' haha ;)

How do you turn the side bar off please?

Just click on the arrow on the bar Christa

Muppet
04-06-2011, 09:33
Catch up with you tomorrow then xx

Tinkabel
04-06-2011, 10:08
I love it, well all except the forcast for tomorrow. Rain!!!!! whats that all about! :pray:

tizzywizzy
04-06-2011, 17:00
it will be good for people who live in Tenerife and visitors who need to know what is due to happen. I am pleased you can hide it as having to view it all the time and i am in the uk would make me VERY depressed. I also prefer the screen without it taking up space

christa
04-06-2011, 17:10
Just click on the arrow on the bar Christa

Cheers, thats better. Now if I could just get back to having a full wide screen ...........................? :)

doreen
04-06-2011, 17:12
I'm hoping we get this forecast http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/60025.html?MR=1
rather than the one on the bar :(

bonitatime
04-06-2011, 17:15
Do you know what Muppet, rather than taking your word for that I might just wait and see. I remember Fred Perry warning us about the three storms that hit us a few months ago and you told us all not to worry as we were only going to get a 'bit of rain' haha ;)

But he is always warning about storms at some stage he had to be right

Nic
04-06-2011, 20:33
Think I'll stick to the Aemet weather.....no heavy rain tonight where I am! No chance you can put one of the Spanish widgets on instead of a UK one that takes the weather from the top of Teide or Los Rodeos!? It says on the Aemet site that there may be rain in the North so this is a useful widgdet for all the people that live in and are going to the north!

Zara
04-06-2011, 20:44
It is almost impossible to say what the weather is going to be like on the island - the only accurate weather is by looking out of your window because 2 miles down the road it will be totally different. I have voted not bothered because I don´t like the side bar so won´t see it anyway.

TOTO 99
05-06-2011, 09:17
Am I right in thinking the sidebar can only be collapsed or can it be removed completely? I'm only getting three quarters of a screen left to right because of it. Perhaps I'm missing something (due to thickness).

Vortex Wake
05-06-2011, 09:30
You CAN get rid of it completely by clicking the correct arrow tabs.

90% of my forum browsing is via cellphone - so to have screen space used up by the side bar was a pain for me.

Muppet
05-06-2011, 10:02
[QUOTE=Jackie;6324]Do you know what Muppet, rather than taking your word for that I might just wait and see. I remember Fred Perry warning us about the three storms that hit us a few months ago and you told us all not to worry as we were only going to get a 'bit of rain' haha ;)

Sunday has arrived. so far no :mopping: might even :washing:, maybe tomorrow then?

jolfc
05-06-2011, 10:05
I like it, even if it is miserable weather here in Yorkshire at the moment, keeps my spirits up knowing I shall be enjoying weather like that in August.

TOTO 99
05-06-2011, 10:20
You CAN get rid of it completely by clicking the correct arrow tabs.

90% of my forum browsing is via cellphone - so to have screen space used up by the side bar was a pain for me.

And which correct arrow tabs might they be then VW? All I'm seeing are the dropdown/collapse arrows. They still leave the greyed out box which is clogging up my screen.

Update: All sorted now thank you. I was using a Flintstones version of Internet Explorer.....Doh

Zara
05-06-2011, 10:32
And which correct arrow tabs might they be then VW? All I'm seeing are the dropdown/collapse arrows. They still leave the greyed out box which is clogging up my screen.

It near the top right of your page largish arrows that look like this http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/images/misc/tab-collapsed.png

TOTO 99
05-06-2011, 11:26
Much appreciated Zara but I'm afraid I don't have the arrow anywhere on the screen so perhaps I'm stuck with it.

Jackie
05-06-2011, 12:09
[QUOTE=Jackie;6324]Do you know what Muppet, rather than taking your word for that I might just wait and see. I remember Fred Perry warning us about the three storms that hit us a few months ago and you told us all not to worry as we were only going to get a 'bit of rain' haha ;)

Sunday has arrived. so far no :mopping: might even :washing:, maybe tomorrow then?

The day is still young and there are some lovely black clouds coming over my house at this moment ;)

sam & dan
16-06-2011, 10:29
Great thanks Much easier!!

Nic
22-06-2011, 20:20
Think the weather widget is slightly wrong.....77ºF (that would be 25ºC), I wish!!! It's been between 32ºC and 37ºC here for the past couple of days! It was even hotter than that at 9.30am today!

KirstyJay
22-06-2011, 20:30
Weather websites are always wrong... they are a guide, not gospel. I challenge you to find a weather site that actually shows accurate temperatures all the time... especially in a heatwave, and especially for a place that consists of microclimates, where the temperature can vary a degree every 100 metres, as it does when you drive up towards Guia de Isora from Las Americas.

If you do, please post a link and we'll investigate it and whether it is possible to add it as a widget :)