PDA

View Full Version : Nikolas And His Guitar. Where is He now?

warbey
22-07-2011, 20:41
I used to enjoy listening and chatting to Nikolas.
When I first saw Him He played at Deborahs.
The next few Years a few Doors away at the Almendras Bar.
He p-layed at Greek corner the Year before last, and got
married to a fellow Bulgarian who was a Singer.
Her name may have been Cath or Carol.

Does anyone know where He is now please...?

Harmonicaman
22-07-2011, 20:55
He caught his guitar being strummed by someone else, it couldn't last...

warbey
23-07-2011, 18:46
I am surprised No-one has seen Him....???

eggletonjo
24-07-2011, 09:40
I saw him a few weeks ago at the bar that used to be Almendra ( now Sophias), but beware the bar is very expensive although there are seats along the walkway.

warbey
24-07-2011, 20:54
I saw him a few weeks ago at the bar that used to be Almendra ( now Sophias), but beware the bar is very expensive although there are seats along the walkway.

Many thaks.for the Information. I hope to look Him up brfore too long.
It wasnt cheap before but We were friendly with the People who ran it too.
Pity They left..

irishmusico
24-07-2011, 21:03
I saw him the other day.I can't remember the name but it is just up a little from Deborahs.He is still in the area.

warbey
26-07-2011, 19:16
I saw him the other day.I can't remember the name but it is just up a little from Deborahs.He is still in the area.

Many thanks. Last February the Bar looked as if it was merged with tne next one, towards Torviscas.
so I hope He's there for a while.
There was a Scottish Chap followed nikolas at Deborahs for at least a couple of Years
until he was replaced by the present incumbent for the last Two I think.
Anyone know where This Scottish Fella went. He always waved to us. Nice Chap.

manxgypsy
27-07-2011, 21:48
This thread has made my day. I last saw Nikolas in May when he was at Sophias formerly Almendra. My husband actually used to be the head chef at Almendra many moons ago & it was the owner who is a very good friend that introduced us. In my opinion it was the best place in the world for obvious reason :-) I will never forget the fantastic holidays I spent listening to Nikolas in Almendra. Good Times :-)

warbey
28-07-2011, 19:29
This thread has made my day. I last saw Nikolas in May when he was at Sophias formerly Almendra. My husband actually used to be the head chef at Almendra many moons ago & it was the owner who is a very good friend that introduced us. In my opinion it was the best place in the world for obvious reason :-) I will never forget the fantastic holidays I spent listening to Nikolas in Almendra. Good Times :-)

Memories eh.?
In Our time two Brothers had it. One in the Kitchen and one up Front.
Another coincidence. My grandparents were from Port Erin. You may have heard of it..?

Welcome to the Forum.

manxgypsy
28-07-2011, 20:46
Memories eh.?
In Our time two Brothers had it. One in the Kitchen and one up Front.
Another coincidence. My grandparents were from Port Erin. You may have heard of it..?

Welcome to the Forum.

My husband used to live with the brother in the kitchen until I came on the scene & then we lived next door to the brother out front. The one out front is my husbands best friend and we go back to see them as often as possible (back in October!). Everyone I speak to says the restaurant was at its best when Brahim was running it with his brother and my husband in the kitchen. We went to the new Sophias in May, although Nikolas was there it just was not the same. The 2 brothers now run a takeaway in San Eugenio which is at the top of the steep hill behind Almendra, its not quite the same but they definitely know how to make a good atmosphere even in a takeaway!!
Port Erin is a very nice place, we live in the big smoke ie Douglas!! Well its as "cosmopolitan" as the island gets anyway!! Its a small world.

warbey
01-08-2011, 20:54
I'll send a P.M. in the next couple of days.. Hope thats O.K.