PDA

View Full Version : A sad day for the people of Norway.

Ed3229
23-07-2011, 07:46
Our thoughts are with you on this sad day......

onelegnofeet
23-07-2011, 08:23
IMO this is really bad considering they are such a peaceable nation .They are in my thoughts at this tragic time

doreen
23-07-2011, 08:35
How sad ... now seeing 84 young people killed on the island - what a tragedy.

caroletenerife
23-07-2011, 09:00
I was shocked this morning to realise the death toll had risen so high, those poor parents. My thoughts are with everyone involved today. x

Megaloo
23-07-2011, 09:13
So tragic so many lives lost, I was also shocked to read the death toll had risen to so many this morning R.I.P
Thinking of all those who have lost loved ones.

edsa
23-07-2011, 09:20
I have had to turn the tv off and stop thinking about it, I shall bawl my eyes out, just writing this is bringing tears to my eyes. All those kids around the age of my grandson, all those families, I can't think about it.
The latest reports on the bbc news site gives a big hint as to the motivation for it all, political!

West mids tyke
23-07-2011, 09:38
so sad and tragic for the people of norway, makes you wonder what is going wrong with the world today

johnybravo
23-07-2011, 09:43
so sad and tragic for the people of norway, makes you wonder what is going wrong with the world today

Many sources saying because too many muslims in Norway

karinagal
23-07-2011, 09:46
The first I knew of this tragedy was this thread. Just checked the Sky news website - it beggars belief. My thoughts and prayers are with those who have suffered at the hands of this madman.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mawkin
23-07-2011, 09:47

What ever the reason there is no justification for the slaughter of many young people.

R.I.P.

cjd01
23-07-2011, 09:53
Dreadful news. My heart goes out to all the victims.

glostergirl
23-07-2011, 10:23
deepest condolences to the country of norway for this devastating loss of young lives cut so short. r.i.p.

CaribeCelt
23-07-2011, 12:27

The reports that i have read say this guy was a Christian Fundamentalist with Neo-Nazi links so the list of people he hated is probably endless.
Again religious head bangers have brought death and destruction to the innocent.
R.I.P to all the people who lost their lives to this Christian terrorist.

MrsTT
23-07-2011, 12:35
In my understanding, the fundamental truth of being a Christian is that you listen to the words of Christ. His message was one of love not hate and a basic tenet is 'Thou shalt not kill' . My prayers and thoughts are for all the people who have had their lives lost or shattered today.

Pooh
23-07-2011, 12:41
Yesterday all they were speculating about on the news was abut Muslim fundamentalists of some sort... I commented to my wife that it just as well could be the opposite - the whole thing reminded me of the Oklahoma City bombing years ago. I didn't really believe then that i would turn out to be right, for once... This is one reason i believe religion is the source of most evil in this world... If it weren't for religious fundamentalism - all kinds - 90% of all conflicts wouldn't exist.

CaribeCelt
23-07-2011, 12:50
In my understanding, the fundamental truth of being a Christian is that you listen to the words of Christ. His message was one of love not hate and a basic tenet is 'Thou shalt not kill' . My prayers and thoughts are for all the people who have had their lives lost or shattered today.

No matter what Christ's supposed message was the reality is that right wing elements within a certain sect see themselves as the "true believers" and will continue to bomb and cause division among the people of the world.
George Bush,Al Quieda and many many more have invoked God to justify mass murder and will continue to do so.
The bible,koran and all the other so-called "holy books"have been the scourge of the world for centuries and i cant see it changing anytime soon.

MrsTT
23-07-2011, 12:53
I agree with a quote from Jimi Hendrix - “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”

Fred Perry
23-07-2011, 13:26
I think it will come out in the end that this bloke is just a lone nutter/psycho rather than killing all these people for religious or political reasons. So he had anti-muslim views & links to right wing groups? So have millions of pčople.
You would have thought he would have massacared in a mosque and why bomb the governemnt offices on a bank holiday in Norway?

rosemary
23-07-2011, 16:44
This murderer held extreme politically motivated views. He was against the "Islamification of Europe" and there are more of his kind out there.
What does terror achieve? It achieves only more terror and more murder - nothing more and nothing less.
The only way that Ireland came to Peace (and now that is under threat again with a new "lost" generation) was through dialogue in the end, which finally took place in a Belfast gaol.
Terrorism NEVER changes peopleīs hearts and minds or government policies. When will they realise this?

There is no comfort for the loss of a murdered child. There is love, it is all we can do. R.I.P.

Susief
23-07-2011, 18:10
My thoughts go out to the victims and family!
RIP

Andy76
23-07-2011, 18:28
This has been a day that the most people of Norway never will forget. We have discovered the horror of terror. And this is the worst that have happend in Norway since world war 2.
And many uses the words from a norwegian poet written during world war 2:
We are so few people in this country, each fallen is a brother and a friend.

TenerifeFanatic
23-07-2011, 21:09
Feeling so sorry for the people of Norway, for those scared kids who witnessed this awful atrocity and for all those poor parents with heavy sad hearts.

anto3
24-07-2011, 00:33
Can happen any were, There are a lot of young angry people out there, Was watching a program about the refugees in Greece and one guy cried because the people shut names and spit at him because they do not want them in there country.

Zara
24-07-2011, 18:11
I find it very strange that a thread on the death of a celebrity while very sad has been viewed by over 850 people and sympathy given by 40+ yet this thread that has affected hundreds of lives, families and friends of the victims has seen far less activity. Strange world we live in.:(

RIP to the victims, sympathy to their families.

rosemary
24-07-2011, 18:51
Can happen any were, There are a lot of young angry people out there, Was watching a program about the refugees in Greece and one guy cried because the people shut names and spit at him because they do not want them in there country.
God Forbid it should happen again or anywhere. But it might. This is a direct result of the Far Right in Norway reacting to the failed policies of multiculturalism. In other words the influx of Muslims. Go read about it on the Internet. it is happening al over Europe letīs not be blind to it.
Norway is a beautiful civilsed liberal minded country, now in grief and utter turmoil. This young man is clearly in a deep state of delusion. He identifies himself with the Knights Templars of the original Christian Crusaders. Reminiscent of the Nazis. Only now it is the Muslims, not the Jews. Is he utterly deranged? Maybe more will be discovered about his clinical state in the weeeks to come.

rosemary
25-07-2011, 15:45
Interesting legal conundrum here. If he is delusional then he didnīt know what he was doing, or that he didnīt know that what he was doing was wrong. If this could be proved, i.e. that he is delusional, psychotic, mad, whatever, then he will not be punished but presumably put into a mental hospital. But he has already said that what he did atrocious, but not criminal i.e. that he is not mad. There will be an interesting discussion amongst various clinical "experts". My heart, not my head, tells me he is delusional.

Identification with the "pure white Knights of the Crusaders and the Templars" is delusional. Those glorified images we have all seen of these "warriors for Christ" riding white horses and brandishing the George Cross - have a lot to answer for. I believe they were probably better described as a band of bloodthirsty criminals looking for trouble, convincing themselves they were doing it "for Christ". But thatīs my own opinion. Same would go for the Islamic armies. There is nothing to admire in the mass slaughter of innocents.

TOTO 99
25-07-2011, 15:59
Being delusional won't get him off the hook. He was certainly clever enough to keep this to himself. He was of sound enough mind to get a nice portfolio of photo's of himself judging by the pictures on the news. As for blaming any glorified images from days gone by well I can assure you I've read plenty of Batman comics and watched plenty of cowboy films in my time. At no time was I ever tempted to kill anyone. :(

Ed3229
25-07-2011, 16:14
I find it very strange that a thread on the death of a celebrity while very sad has been viewed by over 850 people and sympathy given by 40+ yet this thread that has affected hundreds of lives, families and friends of the victims has seen far less activity. Strange world we live in.:(

RIP to the victims, sympathy to their families.

Facebook was even worse 1000's of comments for Winehouse and very few for the people of Norway..............

kieraj
25-07-2011, 23:28
This has been a day that the most people of Norway never will forget. We have discovered the horror of terror. And this is the worst that have happend in Norway since world war 2.
And many uses the words from a norwegian poet written during world war 2:
We are so few people in this country, each fallen is a brother and a friend.
I think what has happened is so awful for everyone in Norway, all those lovely young people with their life ahead of them, cut short in such a cruel way, by a very cruel man who was only thinking of himself, in my world that is not a Christian. I hope he rots in hell and doesn't have his day in court, as that will only prolong the agony of the poor families and friends, who don't need to hear the reasons why he did what he did, what will that achieve, disbelief that they died because he was evil.

caroletenerife
26-07-2011, 00:06
Im glad it was a closed courtroom and they robbed him of his wish to parade himself (i heard he asked to wear a uniform, which was denied).

Margaretta
26-07-2011, 11:48
This young man with the calculating mind is so utterly focused on his own selfish ideals and intent that he will probably never change so it will never be safe to allow him back into society. The authorities must also take great care that he does not influence others in any way and therefore he should be denied the use of the internet, certain books and all his time with other prisoners and visitors very closely monitored. Added to the dreadful tragedy is the enormous expense of keeping him in confines for what should be eternity. It's an insult to them but they have no option.
The FB site has people from all over the world showing horror at those unimaginable events.

Andy76
26-07-2011, 19:33
Yesterday we had a ceremony where we remembered the victims and mourned together. There were speeches by the crown prince, prime minister and the mayor of Oslo. We took back the city with love. It was planned a march through the city, but there were so many people that this was impossible. Everyone had roses, and after the ceremony the crowd was asked to put the roses around the city.

If one person can show so much hate, think of how much love we all can show together.

Here some pictures from this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24400573@N03/sets/72157627158450507/show/?no_back=1

Margaretta
26-07-2011, 22:06
Thoughts are with you and the photos conveyed so much of the sadness, shock, unity and positive thoughts of the people. It was a such a lovely idea about the roses around the city. There will be many 'aftershocks' but people clearly support each other and have created beauty from an unimaginable tragedy. That bodes well for the city and its people for the future. The enchantment of the city and its citizens will ultimately survive. Thank you so much for sharing these remarkable photos. Deepest sympathy to all affected.

tizzywizzy
26-07-2011, 22:17
Andy thank you for showing us the photos. They tell the feelings of so many. The flowers,roses spread around the city is such a lovely thing to do

YOUNG GOLFER
26-07-2011, 22:46
Yes thank you Andy for taking the time out to show us the photos......the Rose is perfect.

rosemary
27-07-2011, 09:41
Andy thankyou for these wonderful photos. Our hearts are with the beautiful people of Norway.

Added after 4 Hours 27 minutes:

Another thought does occur to me. David Cameron has publicly declared his belief that "multiculturalism has failed". Is there still an ongoing debate about this? And does Norway still support the idea? Will that change in the light of this massacre? So many questions remain unanswered.

I donīt wish to begin a debate on this subject on this Forum by the way. It is not the place for that. Just putting thoughts down.