PDA

View Full Version : What are your experiences with Diamond Resorts?

dicko7
04-06-2011, 06:00
Hi all
My experiences with this company are -
1) during the buying process I was told a complete load of lies in order to get me to sign up
2) the Americans call it a "ponzi"system (go on look it up on google)
3) because I was conned I have refused to pay their ever increasing management fees (increased 40%)
4) there is no timeshare availability where or when you want as the accommodation has been sold on to holiday companies for general use
5) they use bully tactics such as forwarding your name to debt collectors and daily phone calls from the US
6) recent UK law cases have thrown out similar CONtracts from similar CONpanies
7) I am getting the feeling this has been a long term-scam set up to attract punters in then fleece them under their unfair CONtracts
8) I hate being conned!
9) there are thousands of owners in dispute

coxan56
04-06-2011, 19:31
Hi I have no problem with them.... Have approx 3 holidays a year in Tenerife. No trouble booking but as it doesnt matter when I go I choose dates not in the school holidays.

Ann

cannon
05-06-2011, 09:49
its clearly not a Ponzi scheme in fact timeshare is more common and accepted in the states and as there main business is the states from there website would have been shut down if indeed it was a ponzi scheme

dicko7
06-06-2011, 05:28
Hi all
I would like to know why replies to these threads are only in part?
I have outlined 8 points above which together create a bad situation. Thousands of owners with this nice company were told a complete string of lies in order to create a sale. I have replied to Ann to outline how negative the points system is for the majority (which has been edited out) but hopefully this note will get through.
The Ponzi commment was included on an American complaint blog by an American owner - and if you read http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm there are many similar charicteristics eg a good return for your investment, secretive strategies, difficulty receiving returns eg can't get accommodation where or when you want - etc.
So if you want to reply look to the 8 points above - please don't pick at one and attempt to counter it -look at the whole picture and research the complaints by thousands of owners.

cebow
06-06-2011, 09:55
Correct its not a Ponzi scheme,you just have to accept its a very clever con.Sell you exclusive access to a number of Private Members clubs,re brand and call your ownership points so you dont actually "own" anywhere ,then open up the "exclusive private members clubs" to anyone with no membership fees and at significantly lower prices than your annual management fees.
Bundle into it a contract that (now declared illegal by UK Courts) only allowing you out in 4 ways .

You didn't think you were buying an investment that you could use,enjoy and get get your money back,evan make money on,likr you were told and sold.

Tenerfe is a beautiful place oh to be able to use the Geranium walk without constant uman wasps.

Added after 2 Hours 33 minutes:

Ponzi scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaA Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to separate investors, not from any actual profit earned by the organization, ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme - Cached - Similar

Not looking for an arguement,Totally agree with all your points,but never saw it as an investment,bought resale fixed weeks,just for good accomodation,have used for many years but,the constant DRIp DRIp of changes and ever escalating costs have soured me,and like you want out.

Will still visit Tenerife,possibly at the same resort,at £200 less than I have to pay,with no up front payment it would be fine,never saw a contract prior to purchase,

dicko7
07-06-2011, 05:44
Hi all
Yes Tenerife is a great place to holiday, I agree. We are visiting during August for a couple of weeks of sun and good food. However, I feel the Island is tainted by the timeshare frauds that exist that need to be controlled better by the authorities.
why tell complete lies in order to sell something? If it was a car or a house it would be massively regulated financially!
But to the present. Had our automated calls from the states every night and the letters and emails from this nice company and their debt collectors. What a con from start to finish.
An example from the mirror blog -
"My wife and I joined a 3 year trial version in 2005 named voyager, after having (what can be said was a good experience) we decided to join DRI as full members in 2008 whilst having the "feel good factor" in Portugal. At the time we were told the management fees were £400, which sounded reasonable we were also given information that if we couldn't afford the membership in the future that DRI would buy back the points because of the demand ( how stupid were we). 6 months later the fees went through the roof. We paid the increased maintenance fees for 2009. Since then I've lost my job, so been unable to pay but did inform DRI as I was told that somebody from DRI would contact me, that was 18 months ago.Last Saturday we received a letter from DRI stating that we owed them £2,500 and if we didn't pay by the 17 June then the debt collectors were going to be instructed to come to my home address and collect money owing
This just isn't right,
If the law supported miss sold endowment policies then why oh why can we not claim against DRI on the grounds of miss sold information ?"

Oberon
10-06-2011, 15:18
WARNING - Dicko is back.

I was hoping we had lost Dicko7.
This promises to be the most boring thread on the forum.

He is on a personal vendetta against this company and he will spend his days trawling the internet for any negative comments about them that he can find, copying them and pasting them here on a daily basis.
(see above, he's started - there will be pages and pages of that).

If there is any discussion you will notice new members that he recruits from other websites to back him up.

Any posts by the thousands of satisfied holiday makers we see here every month ......
like this one in post 2 above ..
Hi I have no problem with them.... Have approx 3 holidays a year in Tenerife. No trouble booking but as it doesn't matter when I go I choose dates not in the school holidays.
Ann ..... will be drowned out and slagged off, or accused of working for the company.

I have coined a phrase, "net hounding", which describes this technique, I will be including Dicko7 in my thesis.

He is a particularly interesting example of this phenomenon because his obsession has reached a point where he gets carried away and makes statements that are clearly untrue. If you point this out, or demand evidence, he will completely ignore you and start talking about his granddaughter.

There is no way there will be any semblance of debate on this thread.

cebow
10-06-2011, 16:20
So let the thousands enjoy their holidays and let the few who can no longer afford ,travel,or want them relieve themselves of something they do not want without all the hassle.
You can sell a car,a house,in some countries ,a wife though in more civilisved culter a divorce ends the agr/u/ement.

The subject is a little like smoking.There are those who smoke and those who dont.The most avid are those who used to smoke and have given up.They are for more aggresive in their opposition than those who chose never to smoke.

MRSBEN
10-06-2011, 16:22
BRILLIANT NO PROBLEM LOVE THEM .and before you say it I dont work for them, or have anything to do with timeshare apart from have as many holidays a year as I can using my membership.

dicko7
10-06-2011, 20:27
Hi all
MrsBen - Many enjoy their timeshare - pleased for you. However, what about the thousands of other owners who cannot afford the price hikes this company have tried to force upon them? Or the CONtracts this nice company have attempted to hold members into servitude?
I think you should do a bit of research into the prices you pay in comparison to other timeshares and how this situation is effecting others.
Hi Obermoron - missed your sharp tongue - you sound bitter as ever! Still got your house?
Meanwhile another post from one of the mirror sites - http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/12/answers-some-anyway-from-diamo.html#comments

"We were given a week timeshare in woodford bridge by my parents in 1995, the worst gift ever we now realise. First it was LSI then Sunterra and then DRI. Never have we signed anything with DRI nor received their constitution. We no longer wanted this timeshare as the fees were so high and when we informed DRI in 2010 we were told we were liable for these fees until 2067 and if we died before then which we surely will, then our daughters take over this debt. This is absolutely disgusting. We stopped paying our fees and have now received a letter stating we have to pay these fees plus interest and we are not allowed to use our timeshare for 12 months even though they are demanding payment. They say if we dont pay they will take us to court and if we try to sell to another company and they list about 20, they will not acknowledge them and we will still be liable for this debt until 2067. This is making me very ill.
I have joined DRIP 10 days ago but still cannot access other members comments or their latest news or any part of their forum. I have also sent a help email to the website but to no avail. Can anyone help please?"

coxan56
11-06-2011, 11:57
Hi Dicko7. Sorry your answer to me was removed.

I do agree with some of your points especially the fee hike thats gone on in the last couple of years, the lower your point holding it seems the worse it seems as you could get a good holiday for the price of your fees,

I Have lots of points and can get approx 6/7 weeks holiday so its hit and miss if I could get the same holidays for the price I pay in fees.

We do enjoy our holidayc but if I am honest would I do it again I dont know. We bought in our late 50s so possible when we are in our 70s we wont to do all the traveling.

I dont think I should feel bad or guilty that somebody now cant afford there holidays, thats life and alot of things in life are not fair.

Ann

MRSBEN
11-06-2011, 14:18
Hi all
MrsBen - Many enjoy their timeshare - pleased for you. However, what about the thousands of other owners who cannot afford the price hikes this company have tried to force upon them? Or the CONtracts this nice company have attempted to hold members into servitude?
I think you should do a bit of research into the prices you pay in comparison to other timeshares and how this situation is effecting others.
Hi Obermoron - missed your sharp tongue - you sound bitter as ever! Still got your house?
Meanwhile another post from one of the mirror sites - http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/12/answers-some-anyway-from-diamo.html#comments

"We were given a week timeshare in woodford bridge by my parents in 1995, the worst gift ever we now realise. First it was LSI then Sunterra and then DRI. Never have we signed anything with DRI nor received their constitution. We no longer wanted this timeshare as the fees were so high and when we informed DRI in 2010 we were told we were liable for these fees until 2067 and if we died before then which we surely will, then our daughters take over this debt. This is absolutely disgusting. We stopped paying our fees and have now received a letter stating we have to pay these fees plus interest and we are not allowed to use our timeshare for 12 months even though they are demanding payment. They say if we dont pay they will take us to court and if we try to sell to another company and they list about 20, they will not acknowledge them and we will still be liable for this debt until 2067. This is making me very ill.
I have joined DRIP 10 days ago but still cannot access other members comments or their latest news or any part of their forum. I have also sent a help email to the website but to no avail. Can anyone help please?"
First of all I dont see why I have to justify myself to you but will do on this occasion
I know exactly what I pay is the same as I pay for my other two timeshares both with diffrent companys NOT DIAMOND RESORTS . Yes my heart goes out to people that cant afford to make the payments to keep there timeshare .So please dont tell me how I should look into how this affects other people. Im happy with mine as I said previously ,you obviously have a large gripe with them but to come on here telling people to do research is bang out of order .

howard thornton
11-06-2011, 14:21
First of all I dont see why I have to justify myself to you but will do on this occasion
I know exactly what I pay is the same as I pay for my other two timeshares both with diffrent companys NOT DIAMOND RESORTS . Yes my heart goes out to people that cant afford to make the payments to keep there timeshare .So please dont tell me how I should look into how this affects other people. Im happy with mine as I said previously ,you obviously have a large gripe with them but to come on here telling people to do research is bang out of order .

mmmm, thats told him.howdy mrs ben.

dicko7
12-06-2011, 21:33
Hi all
Once again we have writers that are only interested in diversion and themselves. Mrs Ben - yes you have to justify yourself as you are talking complete rubbish. No other timeshare company has increased their fees as much as this one eg 40%. I think you do need to do some research before you answer again.
Perhaps your lacky could help?
Meanwhile on one of the the mirror's site - http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/11/no-answers-from-diamond-resort.html#comments
"I've just received an email from Daniels threatening me with court action for not paying management fees for last 3 years and I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone in taking this stand.
My late husband and I bought 700 point from GVC which then became 70 points when Sunterra and then DRI took over and management fees started to sky rocket to the point where I could no longer afford them. I contacted customer services and was told only thing I could do was to return the points (which we paid £10,000 for in 2002). I'm about to join DRI Protesters group because I think this company is ripping us off - I have a friend who also has timeshare with another company and her management fees are about the same as we used to pay under GVC and the quality of properties on offer surpasses anything that I've experienced with DRI!
Letitia (now joining http://drip.webs.com)"
Or one of the US complaint sites -http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/misrepresentationfraud-c456835.html
"Another example of DRI's cheating ways. Perhaps they've messed with the wrong people this time.
There are over 1500 of us in the UK who are trying to fight this. Join us on drip.webs.com
Please be patient if it takes a while to register, the site is currently taking on hundreds of new members since DRI's last fee demand letter."

dicko7
12-06-2011, 21:57
Hi all
Again one of the mirror sites -
Hello everyone,
I wanted to add my comment to a (probable) record breaking list of conned people.
DRI and their latest accomplices, Daniel Silverman and Co, are clearly not deserving of such toothless protest.
I too am of the conned brigade and am ashamed to admit I fell for the deceitful sales patter DRI reps constantly dish out. This is a part of their looming downfall though.
You must seek out as much as you can of the original sales bumph prepared for you at the point of sale. Much of this will be needed by your solicitor if you go to court. I'm sure that, like mine, there will be grossly exagerated examples of what you can expect as a member.
You will have received the same from DRI reps at subsequent sales venues. Those dreadful 'conning fields' we have all had to put up with during your so called 'better holiday experience'.
They have taken from you and the law is so slow in dealing with these people, cases like ours HAVE to go to court to become more widely known by the public and the courts. Copy the police with your file making sure you add in the points costs and dates. Copy your MP with your concerns that this practice is still going on. Then finally these scum will be brought to book.
I am puzzled though at the (thankfully rare) comment from 'happy DRI' customers.
Be assured, this company is about as low as you can get. Their staff won't be much better than their devious and cowardly management. They will do ANYTHING to fleece you for as long as they are allowed to get away with it.
Those who are still worried see your solicitor. Take the docs mentioned. Summarise the whole sorry saga before you go.
You will pay approx £200 for an hour and come out with a good understanding of your legal strengths and weaknesses. Well worth it!
Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.
DRI and their sordid little predecessors know what they do is wrong but remember - trying to publicly shame them into becoming an efficent, ethical holiday company is not what they are about.

All the very best to you all

MRSBEN
13-06-2011, 10:46
Hi all
Once again we have writers that are only interested in diversion and themselves. Mrs Ben - yes you have to justify yourself as you are talking complete rubbish. No other timeshare company has increased their fees as much as this one eg 40%. I think you do need to do some research before you answer again.
Perhaps your lacky could help?
Meanwhile on one of the the mirror's site - http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/11/no-answers-from-diamond-resort.html#comments
"I've just received an email from Daniels threatening me with court action for not paying management fees for last 3 years and I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone in taking this stand.
My late husband and I bought 700 point from GVC which then became 70 points when Sunterra and then DRI took over and management fees started to sky rocket to the point where I could no longer afford them. I contacted customer services and was told only thing I could do was to return the points (which we paid £10,000 for in 2002). I'm about to join DRI Protesters group because I think this company is ripping us off - I have a friend who also has timeshare with another company and her management fees are about the same as we used to pay under GVC and the quality of properties on offer surpasses anything that I've experienced with DRI!
Letitia (now joining http://drip.webs.com)"
Or one of the US complaint sites -http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/misrepresentationfraud-c456835.html
"Another example of DRI's cheating ways. Perhaps they've messed with the wrong people this time.
There are over 1500 of us in the UK who are trying to fight this. Join us on drip.webs.com
Please be patient if it takes a while to register, the site is currently taking on hundreds of new members since DRI's last fee demand letter."

I DONT TALK RUBBISH and people who know me will back me up on that .Iv paid roughly this year the same for my other 2 timeshares as I did last year .The amount I paid for DIAMOND RESORTS this year is the same as those .I do actually know what I pay and dont have to do research as I dont have time on my hands as you obviously do.But can I just add when you do your research please look up Lacky as I had to because I dont do slang words ,finding it was elastic or maybe you spelt it wrong !!!

dicko7
14-06-2011, 05:34
Hi all
So it seems that the thousands of members who are complaining about fees, misrepresentation, bullying and the lack of availability on the many websites are wrong. Drip with its just under 2000 international members, the 4 mirror sites with their thousands of writers and the moneysupermarket site also with its 25 pages of complaints are all wrong. Many of them - like myself own other timeshares that have yearly fees in line with inflation are wrong. All of the US based complaint sites relating to the increase in fees etc are wrong! My MEP and MP who are investigating this company, the timeshare consumers association and the office of fair trading are thus wrong!
Hold on a bit - it's the other way around - they are right!
An example from one of the mirror sites -
My late husband and I bought 700 point from GVC which then became 70 points when Sunterra and then DRI took over and management fees started to sky rocket to the point where I could no longer afford them. I contacted customer services and was told only thing I could do was to return the points (which we paid £10,000 for in 2002). I'm about to join DRI Protesters group because I think this company is ripping us off - I have a friend who also has timeshare with another company and her management fees are about the same as we used to pay under GVC and the quality of properties on offer surpasses anything that I've experienced with DRI!"

coxan56
14-06-2011, 08:22
Hi I understand that when you die you can return your points so wouldn't the above post have had this option

Ann

MRSBEN
14-06-2011, 15:32
Check on management fees for Island Residence Club Raddison Malta, and Kilconquhar Castle Fife you will find they are the same as Diamond Resorts .

howard thornton
14-06-2011, 15:39
Check on management fees for Island Residence Club Raddison Malta, and Kilconquhar Castle Fife you will find they are the same as Diamond Resorts .

mmmm, ever thought of discussing religion or politics. lol.

MRSBEN
14-06-2011, 17:06
mmmm, ever thought of discussing religion or politics. lol.

You know me Howard dont like been told I talk total rubbish and I need to do research on my own payments iv made for years .May be blonde and all that but not stupid especially where moneys concerned:mad:

howard thornton
14-06-2011, 17:10
You know me Howard dont like been told I talk total rubbish and I need to do research on my own payments iv made for years .May be blonde and all that but not stupid especially where moneys concerned:mad:

yep. i know you, I'm in your tent.you can't educate pork.

dicko7
15-06-2011, 06:29
Hi I understand that when you die you can return your points so wouldn't the above post have had this option

Ann

Hi Ann
DRI have a fantastic system that allows your children to pay the supposed debt for the next 50 years! (LOL)
However, there has just been a court case in the UK with a timshare company who tried to justify their seedy existence by changing their contract and attempting to force members to pay for the next 50 years. The courts threw it out with all costs awarded against the company. There has also been another similar case associated with gym membership - again it failed with the same results with all costs awarded against the company.
So it appears that the courts do not like company's that attempt to hold their members to ransom with biased internel adjustments to their contracts - just as this nice company are doing.
The end result is that there is no real debt so members can refuse to pay the ever-increasing above inflation management fees demanded. In fact thousands are not paying, but this does not stop the devious bully-boys and their tactics.
They know if it went to court they would lose so they bully the less informed and vunerable into paying fees for the next 50 years.
What sort of business uses these practices?
Nightly automated phone calls from the states. Weekly company letters demanding money with threats of debt collectors. US calls every two weeks with a real person who just repeats - "when are you going to pay your fees?", letters from debt collectors who threaten with further action, debt collector phone calls demanding payment and finally regular emails demanding payment.
For example, can you imagine being a pensioner with a frail wife unable to travel receiving a demand letter from a debt collector. They have never been in debt in their lives but this nice company and its bully tactics and harassment force them to pay even though they can't travel or use the accommodation that they couldn't book anyway because of overselling.
The full system stinks. Then you get the "I am ok so sod the rest" writers who spout drivel.
The fact is I can pay the fees but refuse to because I have been subjected to a long term con. The difference is I feel for those unable to pay and an aware of the harassment they are being subjected to in the name of timeshare and this nice company!

cebow
15-06-2011, 12:22
Not to mention they only accept a few Sales agent options with sky high commisons so no body wants to buy,or won't accept transfere to companies because they are deemed "Corperate"(probable scams anyway). AND, evan when you do sell via a legit TCA recommended escrow providing company they still send demand for payment after full transfer is advised and the cheque cleared in your bank.

It is indeed a sad reflection that the only way out appears to be the completley un English way,complain and then say so sue me.

karinagal
15-06-2011, 13:14
Dicko - I used to dip into your thread on the previous forum and I accept that you and lots of people you have come to know either personally or virtually have had a really bad time with Diamond Resorts. I accept that you have a right to your opinions and to report them here. What I do think is bang out of order is you personally attacking those who have an opinion which differs from yours. This is a forum - it is not your personal website.

howard thornton
15-06-2011, 13:20
Dicko - I used to dip into your thread on the previous forum and I accept that you and lots of people you have come to know either personally or virtually have had a really bad time with Diamond Resorts. I accept that you have a right to your opinions and to report them here. What I do think is bang out of order is you personally attacking those who have an opinion which differs from yours. This is a forum - it is not your personal website.

well said. my thanks button is worn out?

MRSBEN
15-06-2011, 15:57
Karinagal my thoughts as well but when ever I put any thing on I just get abuse .I think the same as you and accept that people have had a bad time with Diamond Resorts but like I said previously the other Timeshares fees are about the same Club Le Costa being included in that as I have a friend who has one there .I do myself like I said before really feel for these people that canot afford to pay there fees as other things will take priority ,my cousin being one of these .So Dicko im not the kind of person that thinks im ok sod the rest I always help when its possible .If you decide not to pay your fees thats up to you but for us that do and enjoy the benefits surely thats our choice ,and we dont need to be told that we talk rubbish and spout drivel either or put up with any other abuse you feel fit to dish out on a public forum .

Tojack
15-06-2011, 16:53
Read post 7 again Mrsben.It's a good true posting.

dicko7
15-06-2011, 22:22
Hi all
So here's the situation. I outline 8 points that this nice company are subjecting their members to ranging from haressment to bullying and I get a reply stateing - quote "Hi I have no problem with them.... Have approx 3 holidays a year in Tenerife" then "BRILLIANT NO PROBLEM LOVE THEM".
There is no counter against the main points of the discussion just comments that are pro-DRI. Then we get the sympathy angle. Give me a break!
Let's look at the main points of this company's practices, not pick little points out and ultimately demean those in financial difficulty and stress who need help!

Added after 16 minutes:

Another comment from one of the 4 daily mirror sites -
http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/12/answers-some-anyway-from-diamo.html#comments
"I joined GVC in January 1999. I paid over £4k for my points. I've not been able to use them for years because I do not have enough points to be able to take a holiday at peak times! I wrote to DRI in December 2008 to say I would not be renewing my membership due to my limited holiday times! Their reply was the same as everyone else and now Daniel Silverman are writing to me too - lucky me!!! I am not willing to pay 1 more penny to DRI for something that is totally different to what I was sold by GVC - everytime you write or speak to them they move the goal posts AGAIN!. . . . .any other 'club' you can hand your notice in and leave. . . .it is scandalous that you have to either die or have a nervous breakdown before you can leave this 'club'. . . . basically you have to be driven to the brink before they say ok you can leave - hardly an ethical business practice!!!! My main concern now is my Credit Rating - Enough is enough this bullying has to stop. . . . .!"

MRSBEN
16-06-2011, 17:46
Hi all
So here's the situation. I outline 8 points that this nice company are subjecting their members to ranging from haressment to bullying and I get a reply stateing - quote "Hi I have no problem with them.... Have approx 3 holidays a year in Tenerife" then "BRILLIANT NO PROBLEM LOVE THEM".
There is no counter against the main points of the discussion just comments that are pro-DRI. Then we get the sympathy angle. Give me a break!
Let's look at the main points of this company's practices, not pick little points out and ultimately demean those in financial difficulty and stress who need help!

Added after 16 minutes:

Another comment from one of the 4 daily mirror sites -
http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/12/answers-some-anyway-from-diamo.html#comments
"I joined GVC in January 1999. I paid over £4k for my points. I've not been able to use them for years because I do not have enough points to be able to take a holiday at peak times! I wrote to DRI in December 2008 to say I would not be renewing my membership due to my limited holiday times! Their reply was the same as everyone else and now Daniel Silverman are writing to me too - lucky me!!! I am not willing to pay 1 more penny to DRI for something that is totally different to what I was sold by GVC - everytime you write or speak to them they move the goal posts AGAIN!. . . . .any other 'club' you can hand your notice in and leave. . . .it is scandalous that you have to either die or have a nervous breakdown before you can leave this 'club'. . . . basically you have to be driven to the brink before they say ok you can leave - hardly an ethical business practice!!!! My main concern now is my Credit Rating - Enough is enough this bullying has to stop. . . . .!"

Maybe there is a clue in the title of the thread WHAT ARE "YOUR" EXPERIENCES WITH DIAMOND RESORTS . Then we get told to GIVE YOU A BREAK might I suggest paying your fees then you may get one .

dicko7
18-06-2011, 07:33
Hi all
Excellent suggestion - but what about those who cannot pay and are being subjected to constant bullying and haressment?

Dwaelf
18-06-2011, 19:38
Maybe there is a clue in the title of the thread WHAT ARE "YOUR" EXPERIENCES WITH DIAMOND RESORTS . Then we get told to GIVE YOU A BREAK might I suggest paying your fees then you may get one .
I'm sorry, Mrs Ben, but you are missing one of the main points, which is that a lot of people who have points with DRI are unable to get a break - they cannot book because the resorts are 'full' (even though you can still purchase availability online for the same DRI resorts). This is even when people are trying to book over a year before they wish to travel. It really isn't reasonable to just tell people to book a holiday when it is proving impossible for them to do so.

I appreciate that some people enjoy their holidays with DRI. I hope they continue to do so and I have no problems with that. When I first joined GVC, I had some very good holidays and that was fine. Unfortunately, my wife is too ill with a heart condition to travel far now and so we cannot take holidays that involve travel of more than an hour or so at a time.

What I DO have a problem with is that there are over 1600 people whom I know of who do NOT enjoy their holidays with DRI, are unable to use their points or weeks, are unable to dispose of them - even for nothing- and yet are expected to hand over more than a thousand pounds a year to DRI for absolutely nothing. This I find monstrous.

All the time that you are able to enjoy your holidays with DRI, you will think we are a load of whiners. The moment one of you becomes terminally ill, redundant, lose your income for another reason, retire or die (God forbid, I do NOT wish these on any of you, but some of you are bound to experience these unfortunate events), you will find yourselves in the same situation aws those of us at drip.enjin.com (http://drip.enjin.com) . You, too, will be sent a standardised letter informing you that DRI are very sorry but they do not have a resignation program and that you need to pay some resale company with which they are associated a few hundred pounds to advertise your points for sale (and they won't sell because you can't dispose of them on ebay for £1 for thousands of points). They will at the same time advise you that you can resign if one of you is dead, you have a terminal illness or you are 75. Unfortunately, we have members who DO have a partner who is dead, or HAS a terminal illness, and they are still being harrassed by debt collectors on behalf of DRI.

Perhaps if that happens to you, you may decide we were justified in our wingeing. In the meanwhile, I sincerely wish you well and hope that you continue to enjoy your holidays. Just spare a moment's thought for those who are not as fortunate as you are.

MRSBEN
18-06-2011, 22:44
I'm sorry, Mrs Ben, but you are missing one of the main points, which is that a lot of people who have points with DRI are unable to get a break - they cannot book because the resorts are 'full' (even though you can still purchase availability online for the same DRI resorts). This is even when people are trying to book over a year before they wish to travel. It really isn't reasonable to just tell people to book a holiday when it is proving impossible for them to do so.

I appreciate that some people enjoy their holidays with DRI. I hope they continue to do so and I have no problems with that. When I first joined GVC, I had some very good holidays and that was fine. Unfortunately, my wife is too ill with a heart condition to travel far now and so we cannot take holidays that involve travel of more than an hour or so at a time.

What I DO have a problem with is that there are over 1600 people whom I know of who do NOT enjoy their holidays with DRI, are unable to use their points or weeks, are unable to dispose of them - even for nothing- and yet are expected to hand over more than a thousand pounds a year to DRI for absolutely nothing. This I find monstrous.

All the time that you are able to enjoy your holidays with DRI, you will think we are a load of whiners. The moment one of you becomes terminally ill, redundant, lose your income for another reason, retire or die (God forbid, I do NOT wish these on any of you, but some of you are bound to experience these unfortunate events), you will find yourselves in the same situation aws those of us at drip.enjin.com (http://drip.enjin.com) . You, too, will be sent a standardised letter informing you that DRI are very sorry but they do not have a resignation program and that you need to pay some resale company with which they are associated a few hundred pounds to advertise your points for sale (and they won't sell because you can't dispose of them on ebay for £1 for thousands of points). They will at the same time advise you that you can resign if one of you is dead, you have a terminal illness or you are 75. Unfortunately, we have members who DO have a partner who is dead, or HAS a terminal illness, and they are still being harrassed by debt collectors on behalf of DRI.

Perhaps if that happens to you, you may decide we were justified in our wingeing. In the meanwhile, I sincerely wish you well and hope that you continue to enjoy your holidays. Just spare a moment's thought for those who are not as fortunate as you are.

I can assure you im not missing any point and as I said before I do feel for people like yourself who are unable to use there timeshare due to illness .I have already said this to Dicko and got abuse for it .As for the not being able to get into where you want to go I dont know about that as some of the time I go through I I which is another option.As for sparing a thought for people not as fortunate as myself how do you know how fortunate I am the thread asked what your experiances were with D R to which I gave my comment .If you must know my first thoughts go out to people who are in the situation of getting there houses repposesd and end up with no roof over there head due to illness, bereavment or being made redundant.I think the timeshare comes a long way behind that as after all it was bought as purely a means of holidaying .I actually think some people are happy with what they purchased as I read this on my facebook page and no I didnt trawl the internet for it .
Diamond Resorts International
received 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Awards for resorts in Spain and Virginia. In addition to the TripAdvisor awards, Sunset Harbour Club in Tenerife, Spain received the Zoover Recommended 2011 Award in recognition of the excellent guest appreciation the resort provides to owners, members and guests ***************/jw6Pat

Diamond Resorts International(R) Receives Awards and Recognition for Service Excellence
www.prweb.com
One of the world’s largest travel sites awards Diamond Resorts International® for excellent member ratings.

Dwaelf
18-06-2011, 22:53
You are fortunate because you can use your timeshare successfully and the others I know cannot. That is how I know you are fortunate. You say your thoughts go out to those "who are in the situation of getting there houses repposesd and end up with no roof over there head due to illness, bereavment or being made redundant." Good. In that case, your thoughts presumably go out to those whom DRI is threatening to put in the position of having no roof over their head since they want to sue for money that would require them to sell their house in order to pay DRI.
What rewards DRI has or has not received are irrelevant. The fact remains that people who do not wish to belong to any club should not be forced to pay for membership of it.
If you wish to refute my arguments, please do so by reasoned argument against them, rather than by quoting irrelevancies. What you have said to Dicko or what he has said to you are not relevant when you are commenting on what I have said. Whether or not others are happy with DRI is irrelevant. As I've said, I have no quarrel with them.
I agree that some people are happy with what they have from DRI. Fine.
It is also the case that some are not. Not fine.

MRSBEN
18-06-2011, 23:03
You are fortunate because you can use your timeshare successfully and the others I know cannot. That is how I know you are fortunate. You say your thoughts go out to those "who are in the situation of getting there houses repposesd and end up with no roof over there head due to illness, bereavment or being made redundant." Good. In that case, your thoughts presumably go out to those whom DRI is threatening to put in the position of having no roof over their head since they want to sue for money that would require them to sell their house in order to pay DRI.
What rewards DRI has or has not received are irrelevant. The fact remains that people who do not wish to belong to any club should not be forced to pay for membership of it.
If you wish to refute my arguments, please do so by reasoned argument against them, rather than by quoting irrelevancies. What you have said to Dicko or what he has said to you are not relevant when you are commenting on what I have said. Whether or not others are happy with DRI is irrelevant. As I've said, I have no quarrel with them.
I agree that some people are happy with what they have from DRI. Fine.
It is also the case that some are not. Not fine.

I answered the question what are MY experiences with D R as you answered yours .End of .

Oberon
19-06-2011, 16:59
WARNING - Dicko is back.

He is on a personal vendetta against this company and he will spend his days trawling the internet for any negative comments about them that he can find, copying them and pasting them here on a daily basis.
(see above, he's started - there will be pages and pages of that).

If there is any discussion you will notice new members that he recruits from other websites to back him up.

Any posts by the thousands of satisfied holiday makers we see here every month ......
like this one in post 2 above ....... will be drowned out and slagged off, or accused of working for the company.

I have coined a phrase, "net hounding", which describes this technique, I will be including Dicko7 in my thesis.

He is a particularly interesting example of this phenomenon because his obsession has reached a point where he gets carried away and makes statements that are clearly untrue. If you point this out, or demand evidence, he will completely ignore you and start talking about his granddaughter.

Read post 7 again Mrsben.It's a good true posting.

I DONT TALK RUBBISH and people who know me will back me up on that .Iv paid roughly this year the same for my other 2 timeshares as I did last year ........

Dear Mrs Ben, don't worry.
Dicko7 and his cronies will be working away at this thread long after you've given up.

I tried to tell him a long time ago that these companies factor in a percentage of people who default and just walk away - they never ever pursue them through the courts.

In fact their marketing plan depends on being able to resell this percentage again. He doesn't have any problem except that he is sore about losing his investment and he is very very bitter about it.

Personally I would never buy timeshare but it suits some people and it usually suits the type of tourist that is good for Tenerife.

You carry on enjoying your holidays - this thread isn't worth the pixels.

Dwaelf
19-06-2011, 17:27
I wonder why it is that DRI champions always end up resorting to personal abuse? Dicko is not a 'crony' of mine. He is someone who is dissatisfied with DRI. He has as much right to be dissatisfied with them as you have to be satisfied with them.

I have been a member of two timeshare companies. From one, I get a week's holiday every year. I pay around £400 for this. The resorts are clean, the accomodation is in good condition and is regularly refurbished. The staff are helpful and polite and if I say I don't want to see a rep, I don't see a rep unless I change my mind and ask for one. I can contact them in February and get a week where I want it in school holiday time. I've never had a problem booking with them the accommodation I want or the location I want, even though I have to travel in school holidays.
From the other, I got a week's holiday every OTHER year (ie one week every two years). The last bill I had from them was for £600 for one year (half a week's holiday). The resorts are becoming dilapidated (we went to one resort - not on Tenerife - three times over a period of six years and absolutely nothing was done to it - even the rust and verdigris on the french windows was in the same place and a door that was hanging off a hinge in the kitchen was not fixed. Holidays have become increasingly difficult to get and the last one we took was somewhere we didn't want to go - we took it because after trying every week for two years it was the ONLY accommodation we could book when I could travel.
We are still members of the first company because even though my wife can't travel long distances they have a resort near to us which we can use when relatives come to visit and they also have another resort to which we can travel without having to make an overnight stop (about 1 1/2 hours away). They provide a good service. We are quite happy with them.
We have resigned from the other timeshare because they are exhorbitant and provide substandard or no accommodation. The second company is Diamond Resorts.
Now, tell me you would prefer to pay £200 more for half as much holiday. Tell me I'm prejudiced. Tell me whatever you like. These are the facts. I have the invoices to prove it. Now tell me which company you think you'd like to associate with.

Oberon
20-06-2011, 13:30
I wonder why it is that DRI champions always end up resorting to personal abuse? Dicko is not a 'crony' of mine. He is someone who is dissatisfied with DRI. He has as much right to be dissatisfied with them as you have to be satisfied with them.I take umbrage at this accusation.
I have not resorted to personal abuse.
If you don't like what I say - you don't need to take it personally.
I have insulted no-one.

The word "crony" means "a friend or companion". It was coined in the seventeenth century and comes from the Greek "Khronios" meaning "a long time".
I chose the word in this context because we are used to dicko7 bringing in cronies to back him up, from other sites, who make no other valuable or positive contribution to the forum.
I might have mistaken you for one of these because you have stated that the Diamond resort you use isn't even in Tenerife.

The word crony is not a personal insult although I could understand that associating you with Dicko7 might not be construed as a compliment.

THIS is a personal insult.

Hi Obermoron -

Neither am I a champion of Diamond resorts - I just don't get why you people have to clog up the forum with reams of cut and paste from other sites.

I am against distortion of information.

dicko7
20-06-2011, 18:16
Hi all
Seems Oberon insults most on this site eg
Lighten up Oberon this is a fun thread, you need to come back to Earth.
And yes it was you having a go about the type of people, saying they couldn't have been anywhere.
So go on enlighten us, you start by naming 5 countries you have been to, then I will.
As Idid 6 years RN and 3 years Merchant plus 15 cruises and many other holidays you may lose so don't insult people you don't know, unless you are for retaliation. found on -
If you could change just one thing in Tenerife what would that be?
What a bitter person!

Added after 9 minutes:

PS Another contribution from one of the Mirror sites -
"I think that DRI are playing a waiting game. They are probably thinking that with time all these forums will go away and therefore badwill against them will diminish.

But their problems by increasing management fees disproportionately to inflation, probably deliberate poor customer services in responding to members concerns, finding new ways to discriminate against their own members such as in cancelling paid for holidays, voting through rule changes that are detrimental to their own members such as reducing the rights of second hand purchased points from some arbitrary date. All these factors are going to continually turn their own members against them. They will want out!

In this respect they have only themselves to blame for all this badwill caused by their process of continually beating down their own members. Maybe they are getting some results from delinquent payers from this process of fear and worry but in the main it is bad policy which will continue to create ongoing bad feelings from their own members for years to come and it is not easy for any company to get over this in the market place. I suggest they change their ways and soon!"

Dwaelf
20-06-2011, 18:34
Oberon, I am quite at a loss to understand your post which quotes my own.

I have never claimed that you were personally a champion of Diamond Resorts. I don't, in point of fact recall mentioning your name at all in my post, and if you re-read my post above I think you will find that I am correct. It does not make any direct reference to you, so why should you think I refer to you in it, or that I am accusing you of anything? I assume you think I refer to you because I said that Dicko was not a 'crony' of mine. This is merely a statement of fact, pointed out to clarify my situation lest you think I am writing because Dicko has asked me to. I am not. He has not. I cannot see why you take umbrage at my posting, which accuses you of nothing.

However, I think you have, perhaps unintentionally, been abusive to Dicko in some of your posts. For example, to quote your earlier post:

"I have coined a phrase, "net hounding", which describes this technique, I will be including Dicko7 in my thesis.

He is a particularly interesting example of this phenomenon because his obsession has reached a point where he gets carried away and makes statements that are clearly untrue. If you point this out, or demand evidence, he will completely ignore you and start talking about his granddaughter. "

I consider it abusive to say that someone is making "statements that are clearly untrue" just because you disagree with them. You are basically calling that person a liar. I consider this abusive, but you may disagree with me. It is certainly insulting, although you also say “I have insulted no-one;” this comment certainly refutes that statement. I don't know about Dicko but I would be insulted if you wrote that statement about me – it could even be regarded as libellous.

I am a linguist, historian and grammarian. I also studied NT Greek as part of my degree. The original meaning of the word 'crony' was actually a long-term, close friend. In the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century, the word developed a derogatory meaning, implying that a 'crony' was, in fact, a hanger-on, usually of a nobleman or high-ranking person. The term was used at this time to deliberately imply a person who was subordinate and who acted at the instigation of the said high-ranking person. The word fell out of favour in the twentieth century and has not suffered a revision in meaning. I do think this usage of the word is insulting. I accept, however, that you are presumably not aware of this implication and did not mean to offend anyone and therefore do not count its use as an example of abuse.

I agree with you that Dicko's use of “Obermoron” as a name for you was abusive, just as I think some of the statements above that you used in reference to him are abusive. Since I hold no brief for either of you, I must therefore consider that you both regard each other with animosity that leads you to express yourselves in an unfortunate manner. However, I do not wish to be caught up in your personal feelings for each other and would be grateful if both of you would keep your arguing out of the forum as I feel they are unnecessarily clouding the issue – which is not to do with whether either of you approve of each other, but what you think of Diamond Resorts.

I do not write at the instigation of Dicko or anyone else. I write on the forum to share my personal knowledge. I would resent any implication that I do otherwise. I have stayed at a Diamond Resort in Tenerife (as well as in other places) and therefore what I say is relevant to this forum which asks about people's experiences of Diamond Resorts in Tenerife. The fact that I have visited resorts not on Tenerife does not preclude me visiting Tenerife. I have been to the island many times, using a variety of different travel options and find it a delightful place to visit – indeed Loro Parque is one of our favourite zoological gardens and we are sorry that we cannot visit the island any more. Please do not misunderstand my comments about DRI and confuse them with my feelings about Tenerife, which are nothing but positive. It is a wonderful island that has much to offer its visitors.

You also include in your post a further insulting remark about Dicko by writing that associating me with him "might not be construed as a compliment". How you reconcile writing this with your opening statement “I have insulted no-one," I fail to comprehend.

Neither do I understand what you mean by your final sentence "I am against distortion of information." Are you implying that the information I have posted is distorted? All I have done is post some facts and my personal reflections. Facts by definition are not distortions, they are facts. My reflections are my own opinion, not a distortion, and I have a right to express them.

If you are truly against distortion of information, there are many posts more worthy of your attention than mine.

I reiterate that I fail to understand your post which seems completely off topic, and leads others to continue in a similar vein purely to justify themselves which should not be necessary on such a forum. If you wish to continue a discussion about whose posts are more relevant than each other's, may I respectfully suggest starting another thread.

Oberon
20-06-2011, 19:36
I wonder why it is that DRI champions always end up resorting to personal abuse? Dicko is not a 'crony' of mine.I do apologize Dwaelf. I did misinterpret this sentence .... I think because you quoted me.

In the case of Dicko7, I don't think you have seen the 300 odd posts on the other site. This is an old argument, but sadly it seems they have been lost to oblivion, so I can't quote them.

Dicko7 has made statements that are clearly untrue and he is a liar. This is not a personal insult, it is true.

I consider it abusive to say that someone is making "statements that are clearly untrue" just because you disagree with them. You are basically calling that person a liar. I consider this abusive, but you may disagree with me. He is a liar and chooses to change the subject rather than admit it ........ although he has recently calmed down and is a little less abusive.
He used to pour out unbelievable torrents of libellous abuse.

As far as distorting facts go ..... dicko7 has distorted facts by ...... 1. Lying ........ 2. Inundating us with comments that he has cut and pasted from other sites. 3. Insulting and abusing other posters.
This is a shame because I think some of you guys have a point, but this point gets lost amongst all the distortion.

I also apologize for mistaking you for one of the cronies recruited from other sites solely for the purpose of maligning this company and I hope you will contribute to the forum in a wider sense.
But as far as this thread goes neither Mrs Benn nor I have the will or the staying power - Dicko7 will prevail.

karinagal
20-06-2011, 21:49
The unfortunate thing is: Dicko has a valid point re the sharp practices he has suffered at the hands of DRI. There are people who have had a good experience with timeshare and points and those who have suffered. The problem with Dicko's attitude within this and the previous thread on the other forum is this - at times he comes across as dismissive of everyone else's opinions and decides that they are not valid. This is unfortunate as it will mean that some people will dismiss the thread as a whole.

To Dicko I say this: it seems pointless to name a thread 'What are your experiences with Diamond Resorts?' if you are not willing to consider anyone else's point of view.

dicko7
21-06-2011, 22:27
Hi all
Karinagal you are right. In future I will listen to others' points of view more intently.
However, when statements are made that do not take into consideration the stages of injustice this company is subjecting thousands of members too it is difficult not to become unsettled.
Oberon is right when he says - Just walk away from them and pay no fees, - ok for the individual, but what about the potential members that are being pulled into the web of lies and distortion in the name of timeshare. What about the harassment and bullying taking place with thousands of existing members by this company.

dicko7
25-06-2011, 07:51
Hi all
Perhaps I need to change my tack when informing others of MY experiences with this company. Facts are always good and reliable so here goes.
Number 1 - Everything I was told at the sales meeting in order to complete the deal has developed into a lie.
I think this is called - misrepresentation.
So do we have different levels of business ethics within the company? For example - use salesmen to sell the "product" by whatever means, including misrepresentation. Then blame the members for not paying their maintenance fees because over time they have become aware of the utter lies.
I find it hard to grasp this parodox.
In other words - they break the law in order to sell the t/s then they attempt to use the law to make you pay for the nasty experience over the next 50 years!

Jackie Buyer
25-06-2011, 20:22
Dicko7, why don't you take them to court if they told you lies to close the deal?
This might stop all the hastle with debt collector threatening calls.
As I have previously stated I own weeks at DRI Royal Sunset Beach Club, its a lovely resort & although I am £415 per week, I do not grudge this as the resort has high standards & is alwasy being upgraded. I know other members have found the maintenance fee too high & they have surrendered thier weeks with no problem to DRI

Dwaelf
26-06-2011, 01:18
Jackie I'm really pleased that you are enjoying Royal Sunset, although I don't understand why you are being charged £415 per week when I have to pay £600 for a week every other year! Perhaps you have some extra lucky deal or something.

I'd love to know how the other members you know managed to surrender their weeks to DRI. They've created no end of problems for hundreds of people I know who have written to them time and again trying to resign, only to be told that they must continue paying management fees until 2054.

As for anyone taking them to court - well, I don't know where you live, but over here legal aid is being stopped (it doesn't apply to such cases anyway) and taking someone to court costs many thousands of pounds. I daresay most people don't have that sort of money lying around. I know I don't!

Any information you might have or your friends might have that would help us get out of this predicament would be greatly appreciated!

Angusjim
26-06-2011, 09:23
Jackie I'm really pleased that you are enjoying Royal Sunset, although I don't understand why you are being charged £415 per week when I have to pay £600 for a week every other year! Perhaps you have some extra lucky deal or something.

I'd love to know how the other members you know managed to surrender their weeks to DRI. They've created no end of problems for hundreds of people I know who have written to them time and again trying to resign, only to be told that they must continue paying management fees until 2054.

As for anyone taking them to court - well, I don't know where you live, but over here legal aid is being stopped (it doesn't apply to such cases anyway) and taking someone to court costs many thousands of pounds. I daresay most people don't have that sort of money lying around. I know I don't!

Any information you might have or your friends might have that would help us get out of this predicament would be greatly appreciated!

Why do all the disgruntled points owners not get together and all contribute to getting a lawyer to take on one case if this is won problem sorted for you all but if you loose :help:

Dwaelf
26-06-2011, 09:36
The problem with this, Angusjim, is that DRI do not have one single type of contract. They have many different agreements, all of which would need to be looked at. As I said before, it would take many thousands of pounds to pay for a solicitor and a barrister to take this on - DRI have millions of dollars to spend on legal representation. It isn't feasible to get that sort of money together easily. Many people who want to leave DRI need to do so because their income has fallen due to illness, retirement or losing their employment (unfortunately this is all too frequent in today's economic climate). These people just cannot afford to pay any money to a solicitor. That is the whole problem. If you are struggling to make ends meet, even £10 can be too much money to afford.

Angusjim
26-06-2011, 10:02
The problem with this, Angusjim, is that DRI do not have one single type of contract. They have many different agreements, all of which would need to be looked at. As I said before, it would take many thousands of pounds to pay for a solicitor and a barrister to take this on - DRI have millions of dollars to spend on legal representation. It isn't feasible to get that sort of money together easily. Many people who want to leave DRI need to do so because their income has fallen due to illness, retirement or losing their employment (unfortunately this is all too frequent in today's economic climate). These people just cannot afford to pay any money to a solicitor. That is the whole problem. If you are struggling to make ends meet, even £10 can be too much money to afford.

What about something like citizens advice in the UK could they not help it just seems to me that plenty are moaning & complaining ( possibly justly ) but nobody doing anything other than complain about the situation that is not going change DRI's policies

Dwaelf
26-06-2011, 10:15
Citizens Advice Bureau won't fund something like this. Both Citizens Advice and the OFT say they think the contract is unfair and that if taken to court by DRI, the case would be thrown out by the judge. This is presumably why DRI haven't ever taken anyone to court.
It's all very well to have this information, but when you're being hassled and threatened for money, it's still very frightening for some people.
And I'm not moaning, although I am complaining. I'm just trying to explain that there are a considerable number of people I know having difficulty with DRI. I think it is right that other people should be informed of this so that they can make balanced, reasoned and informed decisions about whether or not to join them. I know there are plenty of people for who DRI seems to work and as I've said before, I wish them many happy years of holidays. However, the opinions of those for whom it does not work also need to be expressed and this forum is an appropriate place to do it, in view of its title.

Angusjim
26-06-2011, 10:34
I am not saying it is not an issue that should not be reported / discussed but unless people push this on it will not change. Given it is generally older / vulnerable people affected by this what about organisations like Saga, help the aged or lobbying local MP's & MSP's why not send a copy of your agreement to some top law companies and ask for a free opinion on the contract on the basis that it is causing great stress to vulnerable people ( even some lawyers have a heart ) what about the tabloid newspapers they like a good David via Goliath story. Whist many may not have the energy to do this some must and surley families can help take the fight to DRI.

Dwaelf
26-06-2011, 10:45
Saga are interested in selling holidays and insurance, they won't have an interest in this. My wife works for Age (which has replaced Help the Aged and Age Concern) they are having enough trouble just keeping going at the moment as the recession has hit them very badly. We have started lobbying MPs and some have promised to ask questions, but again they are focusing on the radical changes the government wish to make in reforms of many types (NHS/Public Sector) so this is not going to be of main importance to them and I'm not sure how pushy they will be. The Mirror already has a thread online for this, which is great, but I worry about the number of people who are not computer literate. Anyway that we can try to reach and help people is a good avenue.
We are trying to get a voice heard but this does take time. The law is gradually changing and recent rulings on long-term and open-ended contracts consolidate our case as judges are making rulings that such contracts are unfair and therefore unlawful. Hopefully, DRI will take this on board and will amend their rules and contracts to reflect this - after all, it can't be good for their image to have adverse comments made about the company. In all honesty, if they would just release people from their contract if they find themselves unable to maintain paying fees or if they are unable to use the holidays any more, it would solve the problem. They could resell the points or weeks and everyone would be happy. Surely that would be good business practice?

Thanks for your support and advice meanwhile - and if you know of a lawyer with a heart, I'd love to contact one.

Angusjim
26-06-2011, 10:53
Saga are interested in selling holidays and insurance, they won't have an interest in this. My wife works for Age (which has replaced Help the Aged and Age Concern) they are having enough trouble just keeping going at the moment as the recession has hit them very badly. We have started lobbying MPs and some have promised to ask questions, but again they are focusing on the radical changes the government wish to make in reforms of many types (NHS/Public Sector) so this is not going to be of main importance to them and I'm not sure how pushy they will be. The Mirror already has a thread online for this, which is great, but I worry about the number of people who are not computer literate. Anyway that we can try to reach and help people is a good avenue.
We are trying to get a voice heard but this does take time. The law is gradually changing and recent rulings on long-term and open-ended contracts consolidate our case as judges are making rulings that such contracts are unfair and therefore unlawful. Hopefully, DRI will take this on board and will amend their rules and contracts to reflect this - after all, it can't be good for their image to have adverse comments made about the company. In all honesty, if they would just release people from their contract if they find themselves unable to maintain paying fees or if they are unable to use the holidays any more, it would solve the problem. They could resell the points or weeks and everyone would be happy. Surely that would be good business practice?

Thanks for your support and advice meanwhile - and if you know of a lawyer with a heart, I'd love to contact one.

My next door neighbour is a solicitor and I will ask him if he knows of anybody who he thinks may help I know he use a Professor of Law from a University in Scotland when he wants a second opinion on complex property cases so maybe he will know of similar people for cases like this no harm in asking him if you don't ask you don't get:)

Dwaelf
26-06-2011, 11:04
Thank you so much, Angusjim. I await your response eagerly.

Jackie Buyer
26-06-2011, 22:31
Dwaelf, I think you must be a points owner, I am a fixed week owner of a 1 x bed elite appartment & the fee is £415, but it can be cheaper if you do not own an elite appartment. Other fixed week owners at RSBC have surrendered their weeks to DRI & I know that DRI are now reselling these as points. Since you are £600 per week, I think you must be a points owner. So glad I did not swap my fixed weeks for points

Dwaelf
26-06-2011, 23:24
Unfortunately, we were sold points. Enough for a week every other year. I'm so glad I didn't buy more! It's not £600 per week, it's £600 per year. That means it's actually £1200 per week. Just over, in fact as I rounded it down.

dicko7
27-06-2011, 05:36
Hi all
The bigger picture is also one of contract law. As points owners we have signed a legal document to buy into the system. However, during the buying process we were not informed of the long-term implications of the agreement eg a 54 year type of mortgage. I understand why the salesmen did/do not inform potential buyers of the lifetime committment because if they did so they would not get a sale on the product. Not exactly fair or honest but it gets the sale!
Unfortunately contract law is a minefield which brings us back to the misrepresetation aspect of selling process. In other words, get them hooked with a contract; run the system for a few years then increase the maintenance fee prices way above inflation and out of proportion. On top of this, they reduce availability by making accommodation available to other holiday companies, expedia etc.
The end result of this is that DRI have been paid millions of £ by the points owners through the buying process; they (DRI) reap in the maintenance fees (millions of £) and also rent out the accommodation to other holiday companies again (millions of £ profit) . A brilliant system - getting paid three times for a holiday accommodation.
Points owners thus end up losing all round.
However, to compound the situation, points owners are then intimidated with phone/letter/email/debt collector bullying because they do not pay their fees!

Angusjim
27-06-2011, 11:14
A question maybe Timmylish or Megsdad can answer if you own a week not points and you decide not to use or bank it having paid your fees and you discover that DRI have allowed someone else to have the use of it would you be entitiled to payment from DRI ?

Jackie Buyer
27-06-2011, 11:34
AngusJim, good question - last year due to ill health we had to cancel our holiday for week 52, I was assured by staff at RSBC that our appartment would remain empty for that week, would like to think that's what happened

dicko7
02-07-2011, 07:00
Hi all
FACT 2 -
During the buying process for the "product" the salesman informed us "we will buy your points back if you need to sell them". (We took notes at the time)
However, he did not inform us we would have to pay for the privilage - again hundreds of pounds. Unfortunately its got to the situation that the points are now worthless, in fact I can't even give them away because of the associated over-inflated management fees.
Misrepresentaion again in order to get the buyer into their money making system for the next 54 years.
Now I and others are aware of the "racket" we are now being subjected to the haressment machine. Daily automated phone calls. Aggressive "why have you not paid your fees" calls every two weeks from the states. Emails and letters asking for fees. Plus debt collectors letters, emails and calls demanding payment.
FACT 1 and FACT 2 together leave a bitter taste with this company.

MRSBEN
04-07-2011, 18:13
Had a phone call the other day out of the blue from OWNERS SOLUTIONS who new exactly what timeshares I had ,they wanted me to go to a meeting in Leeds to see a solicitor free of charge and take to court Timeshare companys for high maintenence etc etc .I listened but made my excuses and said goodbye .Now before you all start I was told that a company in America had taken DRI to court and won.So if this is of interest to you Google them and Good Luck .If its not and your satisfied
with what you have got Happy Holidays .

Dwaelf
05-07-2011, 19:34
Mrs Ben, there are many people who phone up to say they can sort your timeshare problems. They invariably say this will be free of charge. Then, if you attend their meeting, they ask for some sort of admin fee or advertising cost or returnable deposit or something.
Then you go away in hope, but nothing happens, because it's just another con.
Owners Solutions is one of these companies - they just take your money and disappear with it.

DRI were taken to court by members in St Maarten and won their case. Their law is not the same as US law, nor is it the same as UK law. It therefore cannot be used as a precedent. However, thank you for taking the trouble to post and trying to help out - that's much appreciated.

dicko7
07-07-2011, 05:52
Hi all
Mrs Ben - we seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot during the start of this thread - totally my fault, it won't happen again!
FACT 3 - During the "product" sales process the saleman planned out what we could do yearly with our vast amount of points. This included a detailed description of the three weeks holiday we could organise in the points system and how we could get more if we were more flexible with our dates (still have his hand drawn matrix note).
The reality is we could not get one week where or when we wanted even if we booked up a year in advance. They even wanted us to pay a further year ahead with their maintenance fees in order to use the system efficiently. Unfortunately I have friends who paid 2 years ahead and still had no benefit at planning a holiday.
In other words there is no availability because their product is over-subscribed and being rented out to other holiday companies.
A further example of misrepresentation!

dicko7
07-07-2011, 19:15
Hi all
FACT 4 - the situation has developed whereby the points "product" is worth zero! The points cannot be sold or given away because of the associated (over the top) management fees.
So much for the salesman's statement - you are buying an investment! More misrepresentation!
Meanwhile their haressment machine continues unabated.

dicko7
14-07-2011, 06:43
Hi all
Been particularly very busy at work for the past month!
FACT 5 - During the "product" sales process our salesman seemed to omit the fact that the whole procedure involved a type of mortgage. He didn't inform us of the 54 years committment associated with the purchase of the magic points. In other words you have bought (salesman thinking) into the points system but "I will not tell them they have to pay for the next 54 years or they will not buy!"
Having been subjected to these sales techniques of misrepresentation it now appears it is standard practice for the company salesmen to do this.
WOW what a fantastic way to do business.
The company thus have a signed contract and they start the process of increasing fees etc to relieve the working man/woman of more of his/her hard earned money. When the owner complains the company start their well-practiced harassment/bully system of demand letters, phone calls and emails coupled with demands from debt collectors. All this takes place under the guise of "we are the best company in the world and we also look after the environment". Complete con from start to finish!
However, some members who are less informed and are being subjected to the harassment machine do pay-up when they cannot afford to. (who needs to buy things like food and heating, the timeshare company demands our money!)
Try contacting the DRIP site if you are being harassed.

timmylish
14-07-2011, 11:39
A question maybe Timmylish or Megsdad can answer if you own a week not points and you decide not to use or bank it having paid your fees and you discover that DRI have allowed someone else to have the use of it would you be entitiled to payment from DRI ?

Jim. I have to answer your post on the premise that your Management Company are above board. The week which you own MUST remain unoccupied if you don,t turn up and have not informed them. Say, for example, your C/o day is a Friday. Your flight is canx or delayed and you don,t arrive until the Monday. The apartment must still be available for you to take up. That, after all, is what your contract should state, ie. you own a right to use that week. That right to use is paramount. You only use it for one day, its yours to do with as you please! Now, having regard to that. If they rented it out or let another family occupy it then THAT company has broken your contract and, in my opinion, would allow you terminate the said contract. Here comes the obvious problem. How on earth do you prove this, short of having turned up for your week only to find it already occupied and getting the family occupying it to sign an affidavit to that effect. I rather suspect that this is not possible. So Jim. That,s my opinion.

Angusjim
14-07-2011, 12:51
Jim. I have to answer your post on the premise that your Management Company are above board. The week which you own MUST remain unoccupied if you don,t turn up and have not informed them. Say, for example, your C/o day is a Friday. Your flight is canx or delayed and you don,t arrive until the Monday. The apartment must still be available for you to take up. That, after all, is what your contract should state, ie. you own a right to use that week. That right to use is paramount. You only use it for one day, its yours to do with as you please! Now, having regard to that. If they rented it out or let another family occupy it then THAT company has broken your contract and, in my opinion, would allow you terminate the said contract. Here comes the obvious problem. How on earth do you prove this, short of having turned up for your week only to find it already occupied and getting the family occupying it to sign an affidavit to that effect. I rather suspect that this is not possible. So Jim. That,s my opinion.

The management company seem fine & above board and thanks for your opinion this may be of some use to me

Jim

coxan56
16-07-2011, 17:12
Hi Dicko. I also cant remember being told we had to pay until 2054, I certainly would not have signed had I known. But when a complaint goes in you would be told its in the contract and if you haven't read your contract then its not their fault Ann

dicko7
17-07-2011, 07:30
Hi all
coxan56 - I just can't believe the arrogance of this company and their business methods. The quicker this scam is stopped the better for all.
What I can't understand is - why turn a perfect system of going on holiday into a con? As with many others I have another timeshare which is a family owned business. Fees are in line with inflation (paid up-to-date); communication is friendly and efficient, the site is well managed and I will be passing it onto my family because of these qualities.
Meanwhile the diamond resorts haressment machine (wasting your time I am not paying the ransom) moves on!
If you need any help with this company and their sickening methods search on the net for DRIP.

dicko7
25-07-2011, 06:59
Hi all
just been reading on DRIP how some so called companies are trying to cash in against DRI's arrogant business. A company called ITRA is claiming it is in the process of sueing Diamond and will win with a "No win no fee" system. However, as an owner you have to travel to Spain with your certificate to sell your points with ITRA at this "once in a lifetime opportunity" - HEARD THIS ALL BEFORE! = ANOTHER CON!
There is also another company called "PS World" who are also trying to get their grubby hands on ex-member's money with a resale package eg you pay up front and we will sell your points (which by the way have NO value thanks to DRI). In other words, you pay hundreds of pounds to them to sell your points, they sit back and spend your money as the points are worthless!
Timeshare is a fantastic way to see the world - but when grubby so called business men and their grubby lawyers get into the equation it's time to leave!

coxan56
25-07-2011, 08:36
Morning Dicko. Just wondering what your thoughts are of the previous owners (Sunterra) I know the fees were lower but they didnt put much into keeping the resorts well maintained. Since DRI have taken over they have spent lots of money on the resorts and you can see a difference.

Rumour has it that there was alot of illeagle goings on then. I know this isnt your gripe but apart from the increase in fees I think DRI are now better. There are alot more resorts, staff are better and if there is a problem it is dealt with.

dicko7
29-07-2011, 07:28
Hi all
I am working on the bottom line here coxan - in other words what I get for my money.
I suppose my first point is I don't like being conned out of my hard-earned cash. On the DRIP site I have been reading a member's reply and research in relation to value for money with DRI compared with expedia and other independent holiday organisations. His analysis and conclusion of the situation was actually quite alarming in that as members with points we are paying quote "Diamond Resorts members, through management fees, would consistently be paying more for the apartment by comparison with casual travellers booking independently over the Internet". However, this does not include the initial thousands of pounds to buy the points.
I couldn't comment on any illegal things that may have gone on with sunterra or with the present owner's - but I do know another two European resorts have just been sold. As a group we think DRI are gradually pulling out of the European market (I am not going to miss them!)

coxan56
29-07-2011, 20:30
Hi Dicko. I do agree with alot of your complaints but not all holidays can be bought cheaper, A friend is paying £1700 for 4 weeks accomadation in Tenerife.

I also do not like non members being able to rent off Expedia, and that is my biggest grip at the minute, but their excuse is that it is using points given up and which DRI have to pay the maintanance on.

Also not happy if 2 more have been sold do you know who they are

Ann

Dwaelf
29-07-2011, 23:47
coxan, 4 weeks accommodation in Tenerife would be much more than £1700 - we would have to pay £1200 for just one week's accommodation in a one bed apartment. I cannot believe the other 3 weeks would be only £500!

MaxineC
30-07-2011, 00:07
coxan, 4 weeks accommodation in Tenerife would be much more than £1700 - we would have to pay £1200 for just one week's accommodation in a one bed apartment. I cannot believe the other 3 weeks would be only £500!

What resort are you staying in for a one bed apartment to cost £1200 pw ???

bonitatime
30-07-2011, 07:49
We stayed an a DRI resort in Gran Canaria this month through booking.com at a very reasonable rate. But we booked very last minute.
The resort is lovely and you can only get a Spanish paper if you are a member so there are still perks.
When I looked out of interest for the school holidays it was 4 times the price and still worth it.

Dwaelf
30-07-2011, 08:16
What resort are you staying in for a one be1-4d apartment to cost £1200 pw ???

Any DRI apartment. That's what we are protesting about!

Angusjim
30-07-2011, 08:22

I don't have points but I thought that your points went further for example if you go to Sunsetbay than say Hollywood Mirage.

Dwaelf
30-07-2011, 08:33
I have enough points for a week every OTHER year - so I have to pay 2 years' fees to have 1 week's holiday. Even then, there are not always enough points as I am a teacher and have to travel in school holidays. Our fees are currently £609 per YEAR, which makes £1218 for 1 week's holiday (assuming we could get it, which we never can). When we joined we were assured that all resorts were 5* and that we would never have trouble booking. At that time, our fees were £400 per year. We thought that was expensive, but were prepared to pay it for the 5* guarantee. Well, they aren't all 5*, and booking is a nightmare. I know some people seem to like DRI but I think they are just wanting to take as much money as possible from people for holidays you can never actually have - one of the reasons being that they sell them off to Internet booking services like Expedia.

Angusjim
30-07-2011, 08:37
I have enough points for a week every OTHER year - so I have to pay 2 years' fees to have 1 week's holiday. Even then, there are not always enough points as I am a teacher and have to travel in school holidays. Our fees are currently £609 per YEAR, which makes £1218 for 1 week's holiday (assuming we could get it, which we never can). When we joined we were assured that all resorts were 5* and that we would never have trouble booking. At that time, our fees were £400 per year. We thought that was expensive, but were prepared to pay it for the 5* guarantee. Well, they aren't all 5*, and booking is a nightmare. I know some people seem to like DRI but I think they are just wanting to take as much money as possible from people for holidays you can never actually have - one of the reasons being that they sell them off to Internet booking services like Expedia.

Does seem very unfair I have 1 bedroom week 52 & 1 at Sunsetbay ( although not 5 star )which I pay £334 per week.

MaxineC
30-07-2011, 11:20

Strangely enough, I have read and understood the thread... :rolleyes:

However, as I visit 2 DRI resorts 5 times a week, and talk to many of the members, I dispute your 'ANY DRI apartment' comments... Yes, there are one or two people that have moaned about their rising maintenance fees, but the majority are still delighted with their purchases. So, far from everybody feels/thinks the same way...

Angusjim
30-07-2011, 12:40
Maxine maybe ask the people you speak to, are they points or weeks owners I think their views may differ with regard to maintenance fees. It would appear that the points fees are spirraling out of control and there is nothing they can do whilst the weeks owners do have some control over what is charged

MaxineC
30-07-2011, 12:47
I'm afraid I can't give you an answer to that, Jim, and I don't ask... but will in the future ;)

Dwaelf
31-07-2011, 08:48
Sorry, Maxine, but that is the amount I have to pay to use ANY DRI apartment. They don't change the management fees to suit the apartment. I have the right to use a one-bedroomed apartment for one week every 2 years and that's the price they expect me to pay. If the apartment costs less points, I don't get a refund and the points are not enough to buy me a break elsewhere, they are just wasted.
So, it DOES cost me £1200 for one week in a one bed apartment in ANY DRI apartment, and whether you agree or disagree with me doesn't alter that fact - and other peoples' experiences of DRI don't alter the fact, either!
I would respectfully suggest that if you are visiting that many DRI resorts that often, you likely have a vested financial interest in the resorts. It also seems that you are not posting your own experience of DRI; rather what others have told you - i.e. a secondary source of information.
I am merely posting the facts of my personal DRI experience, which is a primary source. I leave others to decide whether they think these facts represent a fair way of conducting a business.

coxan56
31-07-2011, 09:11
Morning Dwael, I to would be as mad as hell if I was paying that much. I haven't heard of that amount before.

I do have friends that have a 2 bedroom at RSBC and they pay approx £500 for 1 week, and they have use of it every year.It doesnt seem right that you are paying so much. I suppose you have had everything checked to see if its correct.

Was this bought in the USA as they do seem to do things different to Europe.

junglejim
31-07-2011, 11:26
Even the top of range rich are struggling !!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/07/31/holiday-homes-in-millionaires-playground-seized-as-owners-fail-to-pay-charges-86908-23310698/

Angusjim
31-07-2011, 11:29
Even the top of range rich are struggling !!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/07/31/holiday-homes-in-millionaires-playground-seized-as-owners-fail-to-pay-charges-86908-23310698/

What are you reading the "Rangers News" for:whistle:

junglejim
31-07-2011, 11:49
What are you reading the "Rangers News" for:whistle:

I´m a great believer in always knowing what your enemy is doing !
Something like the Spanish saying " Hay Moros en La Casa"

MaxineC
31-07-2011, 14:07
Sorry, Maxine, but that is the amount I have to pay to use ANY DRI apartment. They don't change the management fees to suit the apartment. I have the right to use a one-bedroomed apartment for one week every 2 years and that's the price they expect me to pay. If the apartment costs less points, I don't get a refund and the points are not enough to buy me a break elsewhere, they are just wasted.
So, it DOES cost me £1200 for one week in a one bed apartment in ANY DRI apartment, and whether you agree or disagree with me doesn't alter that fact - and other peoples' experiences of DRI don't alter the fact, either!
I would respectfully suggest that if you are visiting that many DRI resorts that often, you likely have a vested financial interest in the resorts. It also seems that you are not posting your own experience of DRI; rather what others have told you - i.e. a secondary source of information.
I am merely posting the facts of my personal DRI experience, which is a primary source. I leave others to decide whether they think these facts represent a fair way of conducting a business.

No, I don't have any financial interest in DRI or any other timeshare resort, I visit 2 of them (not that many!) 5 times a week in a totally unconnected capacity. I was stunned by how much you paid, hence my original question as to where you owned...

When you originally purchased your points, were you aware it would only allow you one week every 2 years, or was that something that happened over time? I was an owner, on the points system, and we felt it no longer offered us value for money. Maintenance fees were rising steeply, yet the cost of booking our own holidays independently were coming down. We also never managed to get a successful RCI exchange, so we sold our 200,000 points at a huge loss, but we were just glad to be shot of them, and put it down to experience. We did have some argy bargy when we wanted to sell, but persevered.

Many years ago (in the 80's) I sold timeshare here, and Sunset Bay was one of the resorts I worked on, albeit briefly, as I didn't like their selling tactics back then. It was very hard sell, and totally out of my comfort zone. However, I always believed in the concept of timeshare itself, hence me buying into it some years later... It's sad to see that some companies are using the old-fashioned bullying tactics, I truly believed those days were long gone.

dicko7
01-08-2011, 07:56
Hi all
We have (had) points with DRI and as others have written I could only use them every-other year. The salesman, even though we informed him we had to use school holiday periods, assured us we could use them for up to three weeks a year. Unfortunately this is impossible to achieve, further misrepresentation.
Lack of availability and over-selling meant we never got where or when we wanted in Europe.
We pay (or we used to) just over £800 a year for these fantastic points which resulted in £1600 for two weeks holiday ever other year in a location we were allocated. This is on top of the £7000 we paid for the magic points.
We resigned and refused to pay but DRI think this is such a great deal and have thus subjected us to their harassment system for the past two years in order to demand their ever-increasing fees. As a working man who has never been in debt to anyone receiving a demand letter from a debt collector is not a good feeling!
However, we have got to the stage where we refuse to pay they ramsom money. We now have nightly DRI automated calls from the states, regular demand letters from DRI, demand letters from their debt collectors and emails from both demanding money.
Enough is enough!

Dwaelf
02-08-2011, 14:11
Hello Maxine and coxan
We bought in about 1997. At that time, the maintenance cost was £248 per year - which meant that the week would be just under £500. We were OK with this figure as we were promised 5* accommodation every time and since this covered peak school holidays, it seemed reasonable. We couldn't afford to buy more points at the time - and I'm very glad of it now! We were also told that we could book within 59 days for half points, but that never actually happened as everywhere was booked up due to it being peak time. At this stage, however, we did manage to book holidays.
The cost carried on being reasonable for a few years, until DRI took over. Then the cost went up dramatically - over 40% in the first year and exponentially every year since then - with additional charges every time that sterling fell against the Euro. It also became impossible to get a booking, first during the school holidays (and it's the only time I can travel as I am a teacher) and then at any time. The last holiday we had was booked somewhere we didn't want to go - I'd been trying to get a booking every week for over a year and finally got the half-term week before the points ran out. It was one of the worst holidays we've had as the resort was in need of decoration, the bar roof had been damaged in a storm some weeks earlier and was not yet repaired and we had to drive out to find somewhere decent to eat.
Oh, and it wasn't on Tenerife! Sorry, I've gone a bit off-topic in my explanation.

dicko7
03-08-2011, 06:24
hi all
Just been reading a very interesting article from ITRA. It can be found at http://www.itra.net/resources/ITRATIMESHAREWHATWENTWRONGFINALOCTOBER2010.pdf
If you own timeshare, floating weeks or points this information is important and explains a lot about the timeshare industry and their methods of doing business.

dicko7
04-08-2011, 06:21
Hi all
Going to be off-line for a couple of weeks. Coming over tomorrow for two weeks of sun, food and drink. Looking forward to it!
However, not using DRI as we have resigned from their magic points system - we are using our other reliable and honest timeshare.

dicko7
23-08-2011, 15:28
Hi all
Nice to be back but also could have stopped in Tenerife longer! The weather was fantastic as normal and the food very good; the wife seems to think we can eat out every night at home and is refusing to cook in the house.
Was sitting having a coffee in one of the restaurants along port colon. A police car was parked and the officer was wandering back and forth. As soon as he drove off a number of shady characters appeared like roaches with scratch cards and started hassling tourists. They all had the same arrogant attitude and often refused to take no for an answer. I heard one of them shouting to his mate - "this couple have just won the 50 euro prize" (everyone's a winner in this con). They then walked them off to some destination to relieve them of some money with a timeshare con.
I had a similar experience but with a more up-market approach. However, the end result was still the same - they inform you can pull out of the timeshare anytime but do NOT inform you still have to pay the maintenance fees for 50 years (which are increased way out of proportion to inflation), also you will be able to anywhere in the world - but not really as there is NO availability.
A con is a con - it does not matter if its a shady character with a scratch card or a salesman who neglects to inform you of all the hidden costs!
What is the point of DRI points?

coxan56
24-08-2011, 06:53
Hi Dicko. Glad you had a good holiday. we were there in July and for the first time we were not stopped with scratch cards. I do think the police are trying to stop this and hopefully they will

Ann

Oberon
24-08-2011, 07:36
Hi Dicko, I'm really glad you had a nice holiday and the weather was good for you.

You must have noticed that those timeshare pests are fewer and farther between than they used to be.

Please could you tell us which company this is -
Hi all
- we are using our other reliable and honest timeshare.
I think it is only fair to balance your posts with a good review for someone who is doing it right.

dicko7
25-08-2011, 20:35
Hi all
I didn't catch their company name oberon - but all wore pale blue short sleeved shirts and jeans, mostly cockney accents.
I agree that there are less pests pushing timeshare but on the other hand I have noticed there are more PR's working outside of establishments. However, I find them no problem and actually take time to chat with them. Lets face it they are only trying to make an honest wage.

Oberon
25-08-2011, 21:46
Please could you tell us which company this is -
Hi all
- we are using our other reliable and honest timeshare.
I think it is only fair to balance your posts with a good review for someone who is doing it right.

Hi all
I didn't catch their company name oberon - but all wore pale blue short sleeved shirts and jeans, mostly cockney accents. Good God Dicko - How can you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Or do you just think we are all stupid?

Jackie Buyer
25-08-2011, 22:01
Hi all
I didn't catch their company name oberon - but all wore pale blue short sleeved shirts and jeans, mostly cockney accents.
I agree that there are less pests pushing timeshare but on the other hand I have noticed there are more PR's working outside of establishments. However, I find them no problem and actually take time to chat with them. Lets face it they are only trying to make an honest wage.

Dicko,7, you are loosing all credibility if you do not tell us the name of the other 'reliable, honest timeshare' you own & still visit - we have asked for this info many times but you never reply - please share this info with us

dicko7
26-08-2011, 07:24
Hi all
JB - previous writers have outlined that they have other timeshares that they use above diamond resorts - have you asked them the name of their more reliable honest companies - or are you losing your credibility by being selective towards me? However, it does not really matter because the issue is not other TS, it's the way this company is doing business with its members!
Oberon - the timeshare pests also had legs, arms and ears; they didn't have anything on their tail-fins- LOL. How do I know what company they work for - are punters supposed to interview them? - are you stupid by asking such a stupid question?

Jackie Buyer
26-08-2011, 07:38
OK Dicko7 I get the message - your not going to tell us the name of the 'other' timeshare company that is seemingly very good - you only want to name & shame the bad ones ie DRI
Will not ask again, as I don't want to loose my credibility as you have lost yours

Dwaelf
26-08-2011, 10:12
Dicko, I think there is a misunderstanding here. You stated on 4th August "we are using our other reliable and honest timeshare". I think this is the timeshare that Oberon wants to know the name of. He isn't expecting you to know the name of the timeshare touts that you saw. I think the confusion came because two posts are being referred to here and perhaps you weren't clear on the question being asked.
I think it would help this thread not to escalate into personal abuse if you mentioned the name of your other timeshare - the one you consider to be reliable and honest.

I can state here that the second timeshare I have is with Seasons Holidays. They don't claim to be all-singing, all-dancing but so far have provided what they said they would for a price that doesn't make my bank manager flinch. How long this will stay the same, I have no way of knowing. I must buy myself a crystal ball some time. :)

dicko7
26-08-2011, 13:08
Hi all
Hi Dwaelf. Maybe it's the sunstroke I have been suffering from since I have come home - or is it the trench foot I have developed here, but I seem to have been barking up the wrong tree with oberon.
However, I still feel my other timeshare is not relevant to the issues these pages are about namely DRI points and their unfair business practices.
Furthermore - to pursue or mask DRI points issues by deviating from these pages eg "what's the other timeshare?" is I feel counter-productive. To me it is as relevant as the make of car I drive or if oberon likes fairies or the colour pink or if JB comprehends what credibility she is portraying.
I am aware of the problems that can develop by writing in this type of forum. However, I feel the negative attitude sometimes directed at me by some bitter individuals are if effect minor associated problems when compared to the financial and stress related issues DRI are forcing on their thousands of members.
Therefore - no I will not discuss my other timeshare; I will suffer the "slava" directed at me by the minority and I will ultimately attempt to inform others who are suffering under this company's continuing harassment.
Lastly, on a positive note - I enjoyed the Safari Centre and had an excellent meal in Bianco's. Would highly recommend this establishment.

Oberon
26-08-2011, 13:43
Dicko, I sense that you will shortly be resorting to incoherent abuse again.

I didn't even ask about timeshare pests, I merely commented that there aren't as many as there used to be.

Previously on this forum you announced that you used another well managed timeshare company that charged you only 300 Euros a year for maintenance.
After repeated requests to divulge the name of this wonderful company were ignored, we all assumed you were lying.

You see I could slag off my local car dealer for overpricing and bad aftersales service, libel him and then say I bought a brand new Citroen DS4 for 8,000 € at a reputable and honest dealer in the next town. If I could not/ or refused to prove such a ridiculous claim then you would be forgiven if you thought I had a mental age of 10.

Allow me to draw everybody's attention to the last paragraph of post nº7 of this thread.

dicko7
26-08-2011, 18:03
Hi all
Wow! Bitter as normal!
However, getting back to the issue at hand. There are numerous websites that have developed over the past two years aimed at helping points owners with this company.
Just been checking my last year's maintenance fees demand letter from them and it was for £1090. Please remember - this is for a week's accommodation in a destination of their choice and at a time they can fit me in. In other words there is no availability for points owner's - which seems strange when the salesman detailed and described the three weeks per year we could use the points for during school holidays. Unfortunately, this was a lie just like all the other mis-information he gave us!
Granddaughter's not too good at the moment - 18 months old and in hospital having tests. Bit of a worrying time!

Oberon
26-08-2011, 20:51
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "bitter"

dicko7
27-08-2011, 08:38
Hi all
It's a beer I like. However, when I am in my reasonably priced family run timeshare as opposed to the expensive missold points, I prefer Dorada. mmmm

coxan56
27-08-2011, 14:48
I do know that if you provide the reps name and the lies told you will have a refund, email the owner Mr Cloebeck in the USA.,

irishmusico
27-08-2011, 16:03
300 Euros[/B] a year for maintenance.
After repeated requests to divulge the name of this wonderful company were ignored, we all assumed you were lying.

You see I could slag off my local car dealer for overpricing and bad aftersales service, libel him and then say I bought a brand new Citroen DS4 for 8,000 € at a reputable and honest dealer in the next town. If I could not/ or refused to prove such a ridiculous claim then you would be forgiven if you thought I had a mental age of 10.

Allow me to draw everybody's attention to the last paragraph of post nº7 of this thread.

I didn't think he was lying.I just presumed he did not want to discuss it.No big deal really.

Dwaelf
27-08-2011, 23:54
coxan If you can give me Mr Cloobeck's email I'll happily contact him for a refund due to the lies I was told. I contacted Mr Duffy months ago and he has never had the courtesy to respond, despite several times posting online that he would.

dicko7
28-08-2011, 07:22
Hi all
Good advice abour contacting Mr Cloobeck the owner. However, I have done so and also been in contact with Mr Duffy and am no further forward. Which it seems many many other owners have also attempted to do with no success!
Reading the various sites on the internet re timeshare sales techniques it seems to be the norm to mis-inform and mis-lead during the sales process. Let's face it - would anybody buy into TS if they were informed it was a type of 50 year mortgage which they are unable to leave - and with yearly maintenance fees that are set by the owners not linked to inflation or the standard of living index? It is not until you are actually a couple of years into the system that you realise how much of a con it is, and by then it's too late to withdraw - they have you legally hooked.
There are thousands of points owners unable to pay this company's demands (because the MF's have increased so much) and are thus receiving debt collector letters.
The end result - they can't get a holiday where or when they want; they have lost their initial purchase money, they are being harassed by phone, email and threatening letters - all because they were conned into buying timeshare points!

gem
28-08-2011, 15:58
my timeshare with Diamond Resorts is just over 300 pounds per week per year maintenance fee, for a one bed apartment, so please dicko when you refer to Diamond Resorts 'timeshare' I think you should be quoting 'point system', the committee members of the timeshare side of it, so far, have kept the maintenance fee more affordable.

Dwaelf
28-08-2011, 23:43
gem I'm glad for you that your one bed apartment is only just over £300 per week but can't help feeling this is totally unfair when it costs me £1200 to be able to have a one bed apartment for one week under the points system with DRI.

dicko7
29-08-2011, 06:14
Hi all
Gem - very pleased your fees are only £300 - this is an affordable amount and hope you enjoy your timeshare which I am sure you do.
However, when I am posting I do mention it is the points system that is the problem eg "There are thousands of points owners unable to pay this company's demands (because the MF's have increased so much) and are thus receiving debt collector letters." post 111. My fees for 1 week's usage are £1090 so for a two week holiday every other year it costs me £2180 - with flights added it's just under £3000. Wow that's ten times more than your yearly maintenance fees!
I do take your point though as post 1 does not mention points! Sorry I am unable to go back and edit but will make sure all new entries refer to points.
Cheers. It's nice to have a normal conversation and not be verbally abused.

coxan56
30-08-2011, 16:32
Hi I have 30000 points fees £2360 and for that I get at least six weeks a year in a 1 bedroom apartmentwith some over depending which resort we choose.

I do feel sorry for someone not getting what they deserve but I have no problems other than having them for 54 yrs and which I cannot do anything about at the minute.

I feel also for those with financial problems and whish there was a get out so they could leave DRI with no debt

Ann

dicko7
30-08-2011, 21:07
Hi Ann
It sounds like you are using your points to their full advantage. However, as I informed the salesman at the time, I can only get away during the school holidays - the old red weeks, and my points are practically worthless during these dates.
On the other hand, I am sure you could rent accommodation with more space for more time for less money than what you pay per year in fees. For example - Villa in Denia, Costa Blanca North, Spain 2 bedroom averages £400 per week - http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/s15399.htm
Or Villa in El Medano, Tenerife 2 bedroom for £350 per week. Both with no 54 year type of mortgage and both with 2 bedroom plus extras.

coxan56
31-08-2011, 08:11
Morning. I am lucky that I dont need school holidays. I take 2x1 bedroom in March in June/July I take 2x1bedroom and 2x2.bedroom and 2x1bedroom in Nov. I take most of them in Tenerife. Thats 8 weeks in total so do better than I first thought.

I have rented other accomadtion (Yucca park) 3 times but it doesnt compare to any DRI accomodation.

Ann

dicko7
31-08-2011, 15:33
Hi Ann
You have got it well sorted. I am in the process of researching a holiday for the full family next year hence examples of villas in Spain. Need 4 bedrooms and a private pool coupled with short flight to keep everyone happy.
I would prefer Tenerife but the girls want to keep flights short as both grandkids are under two. I can understand their concerns so I just - go with the flow!
I can get a three bedroom villa with private pool in Spain for 1 week for the same amount of money DRI want for their points maintenance fees. When I was a points member with DRI I had to plan two years ahead and be lucky to get a peak-time 1 bedroom apartment in a location and date of their choice.
What's the point of points?

dicko7
02-09-2011, 22:32
Hi all
Just been reading a post on another site regarding this excellent company. They are using a debt collection company in an attempt to reclaim disputed maintanance fees from thousands of points owners. This particular writer is a pensioner, married, but with a poorly wife who has recently suffered from a stroke. The writer attributes his wife's poor health to stress created by this company and its harassment system aimed at those unable to pay the over-hiked maintanance fees.
Shame on them!
What's the point of points!

coxan56
03-09-2011, 08:41
Hi They would have a get out, a letter of their doctor to say not fit to travel and they would have their points taken back,

Ann

dicko7
04-09-2011, 08:04
Hi Ann
I am afraid this timeshare points company and its lacky debt collector are not that easily put off. Their attitude is - there is NO opt-out system - end of conversation. You are in our seedy clutches and you will pay our demands for the next 50 years regardless of your situation. They will not even take-back points because DRI has created the situation where they are now worthless! nobody wants them.
I am a member of another forum where owners (who have resigned) are receiving their 6th, 7th and sometimes 8th demand letter from the debt collector Daniel Silvermans (DS). Each time the letters are more inclined to mention court proceedings and bankruptcy. Some members in dire needs are simply ignored relating to their social, health and economic problems. Please remember, this is on top of the nightly automated calls from the states and the regular letters and emails from DRI and DS - and the weekly arrogant phone call from an American dude who just repeats on the phone "when are you going to pay your back-fees!"
They know that various organisations are investigating them. These range from the government, the European Commission, the OFT in numerous counties, the banks, and many others.
However, they also know they can just wade through this and keep harassing members for their over hiked fees because they have a signed contract. (
A contract that was created under misrepresentation and lies during the selling/buying process. "I will not inform the punter it's a 54 year mortgage because he will not buy the points, I will just tell a complete load of lies"!
So there we have it in a nutshell. A ruthless situation!
But on the positive side - there are self help groups forming against this harassment -DRIP for example.

coxan56
04-09-2011, 09:26
Hi I am so glad that at the minute I can afford to pay my fees. It must be awful to have to live with harassment every day. There are supoposed to be 3 ways of getting out of DRI and I know that some have used these . 1 is a letter off the doctor saying unable to travel and I know this does work as a friend of ours who had a bad stroke doesnt now have to pay his fees. the other is at the age of 75 you can hand back your points, and at the minute I cant think what the 3rd one is but will look to see if I can find it

dicko7
10-09-2011, 06:39
Hi all
Just been reading the Daily Mirror blog sites. There are three of them now and they are full of points complaints about this nice company. The conclusion is that we as Points members have been "stitched-up" with regards to everything associated with ownership, use of, maintenance fees, debt collection (which seems to be more financially lucrative than selling the actual timeshare points) accommodation usage and availability.
I then read the DRIP site and it is full of examples where this nice company are chasing up fees from resigned members - regardless of their hardship.
However, on the positive side - the DRIP site also has lots of advice to offer regarding the harasessment from DRI and its lacky (we have no power and use threatening letters) debt collectors DS.

fonica
11-09-2011, 06:34
Interesting thread.For more than twenty five years there have been warnings about timeshare and all its various side shoots on UK primetime TV.It is one of the wonders of this century that every day people get off planes from the UK and meet touts in the street who promise them a free breakfast or the like and off they go to sign contracts they don't understand and part with their hard earned cash.Some of these people will later tell us that they are pleased with the holidays that they have but in all cases they could buy the holiday for far less than it costs them in fees etc.I wish they could listen to what the timeshare employees say about them when they are laughing all the way to the bank.However one thing they say that is true, is that people who buy timeshare deserve all they get and if THEY don't sell it to them then someone else will because they are out on the street just waiting to be fleeced. I met a man a couple of years ago who was close to tears because he had bought two lots of timeshare during his weeks holiday here and didn't want either of them!!!!He wanted someone to help him make it all go away and give him his money back.These companies exist because people want something for nothing.Many of the latest companies working the street are only selling fresh air but the punters are still out there despite year after year of warnings.People even buy these products over the phone giving all their bank details,and personal information to a person they don't know.Sad to say but like taking candy off a baby.

dicko7
11-09-2011, 16:18
Hi all
Some interesting points fonica. Using your internet and google type in "conning the public" and read throught the numerous, in fact hundreds of methods of conning being used to grasp money from the working man. This ranges from banks selling unwanted insurance to bogus drugs companies over-charging their products.
Insider trading and twisted deals in the stock market have been using YOUR money invested through YOUR pension to make money for someone else and in the process reduce YOUR long-term earnings. Working on your system this would be your fault! It seems that everyone wants to take money of everyone else by whatever means. Including your money my friend.
I agree that timeshare touts and law-bending companies are working to fleece tourists but to blame the buyer is a bit beyond me. What about structural changes within political, law enforcement and economic circles rather that blame the victim.

fonica
12-09-2011, 08:56
Hi all
Some interesting points fonica. Using your internet and google type in "conning the public" and read throught the numerous, in fact hundreds of methods of conning being used to grasp money from the working man. This ranges from banks selling unwanted insurance to bogus drugs companies over-charging their products.
Insider trading and twisted deals in the stock market have been using YOUR money invested through YOUR pension to make money for someone else and in the process reduce YOUR long-term earnings. Working on your system this would be your fault! It seems that everyone wants to take money of everyone else by whatever means. Including your money my friend.
I agree that timeshare touts and law-bending companies are working to fleece tourists but to blame the buyer is a bit beyond me. What about structural changes within political, law enforcement and economic circles rather that blame the victim.
I didn't want to make this personal but I think you would agree with me that there have been hundreds if not thousands of warnings on the TV, newspapers and magazines about timeshare for many,many years.If there weren't so many naive people about this business wouldn't flourish and flourishing it is to this day!! The local cafe is packed out each morning with people enjoying their FREE breakfast whilst being hardsold either timeshare or fresh air.I don't know what more can be done to protect people from themselves.

dicko7
12-09-2011, 18:15
Hi all
Not taken personally bud, in fact I agree with you to some extent in that if I had only known what I know now I would not have signed anything to do with this company and their points fiasco. I got myself into this bother along with thousands of other point's owners.
On the plus side there are many companies in the timeshare world that are working well for the owners. I have many friends and relatives that have used their TS constructively and their maintenance fees have risen in line with inflation with some aspect of giving their ownership back.
The problem with this company is there is no opt out of their whole seedy system. Supposed to be one of the biggest organisations in the world but they rely on mis-selling and bully boy tactics to enforce the hikes in their ridiculous point's fees. (From £300 to £1100 in three years)
There are numerous consumer organisations that aim to protect the buyer in all facets of life but when it comes to TS and their points systems it's left to the individual to experience and make mistakes. So why is this allowed to happen?
For example new timeshare legislation has come into operation earlier this year but the seedy side of TS has developed methods to scam around it already.
I thus come back to my earlier comments. If something is wrong - and there obviously is with parts of TS - why has there not been stronger workable legislation to curb the misselling element of TS and points.
On the other hand one interesting aspect of this whole situation is that it has helped develop self-help groups against this injustice. Point's owners are refusing to pay their ever increasing out-of-proportion fees and joining groups such as DRIP. So it seems that we can't get help from consumer organisations - because we signed a contract, even though it was misrepresented to us - so we have organised ourselves into our own consumer group.
Being a member of DRIP does not stop the daily phone calls, demand letters and involvement with a debt collector, but it does make us realise that we are not alone in this seedy situation and we support each other in.

fonica
13-09-2011, 08:49
Hi all
Not taken personally bud, in fact I agree with you to some extent in that if I had only known what I know now I would not have signed anything to do with this company and their points fiasco. I got myself into this bother along with thousands of other point's owners.
On the plus side there are many companies in the timeshare world that are working well for the owners. I have many friends and relatives that have used their TS constructively and their maintenance fees have risen in line with inflation with some aspect of giving their ownership back.
The problem with this company is there is no opt out of their whole seedy system. Supposed to be one of the biggest organisations in the world but they rely on mis-selling and bully boy tactics to enforce the hikes in their ridiculous point's fees. (From £300 to £1100 in three years)
There are numerous consumer organisations that aim to protect the buyer in all facets of life but when it comes to TS and their points systems it's left to the individual to experience and make mistakes. So why is this allowed to happen?
For example new timeshare legislation has come into operation earlier this year but the seedy side of TS has developed methods to scam around it already.
I thus come back to my earlier comments. If something is wrong - and there obviously is with parts of TS - why has there not been stronger workable legislation to curb the misselling element of TS and points.
On the other hand one interesting aspect of this whole situation is that it has helped develop self-help groups against this injustice. Point's owners are refusing to pay their ever increasing out-of-proportion fees and joining groups such as DRIP. So it seems that we can't get help from consumer organisations - because we signed a contract, even though it was misrepresented to us - so we have organised ourselves into our own consumer group.
Being a member of DRIP does not stop the daily phone calls, demand letters and involvement with a debt collector, but it does make us realise that we are not alone in this seedy situation and we support each other in.HAve you tried to contact exemployees of this company,they may well support your case.Most people working on the island know somebody who works in timeshare and are aware of the horrible things that they do to sell their product.The people working at the top end of the company earn soooooo much money that they will do anything to hang on to their empire.

dicko7
13-09-2011, 18:13
Hi fonica
As a group and as individuals we have tried to discuss the above problems with the upper powers in DRI. Quite frankly it's like talking to a brickwall. As an organisation they are desperate for money and do NOT care about an individual's plight in relation to economic and/or personal problems. I read every day on our site of points owners that are totally stressed out because of the over-the-top financial demands aimed at them by this nice company and its debt collector.
The product was totally misrepresented during the selling process and its after-math is years of financial servitude and harassment to this seedy company. Shame on them!
The top and bottom of it is they are trying to screw the point's owners because they think they have us over a barrel with their lawyer created ponzi system.
Your advice and support is gladly appreciated. Thanks.

dicko7
17-09-2011, 07:27
Hi all
Just received the AGM minutes from DRI (a company I resigned from in 2009)
Typical of this bunch, their report is full of rubbish - eg
They try to support their selling of resorts to - "generously provide funds for members to have -other - opportunities in Europe"
Then they go on to say - "they are selling resorts to "reduce overheads".
This is just what this company do all the time in their relationships with members - talk complete rubbish!
Which is it, one or the other?

Tenerife Villas
17-09-2011, 08:32
diamond charge an absolute fortune per year on a two bed my dad has the admin fee is £1800 per year on royal tenerife country club yet diamond sell the same resort and villa type for €234 a week this would be fair enough if they would let them walk away from the restrictive contracts.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.028461,-16.613064
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coxan56
17-09-2011, 09:12
morning Dicko. I agree the costs going up from £300 to £1100 is apalling. I have DRI points and mine have not increased by such an amount. In the last 3 years we have had 2 years with a 25% increase and last year approx 6%. The 25% we were told was the result of the collapse of the Euro, and they said the same again on the second year. If you do the sums with £300 it comes nowhere near £1100 and I think they should have their charges investigated. We know alot of DRI members and we haven't heard anyone say theirs has gone up by that much. The charges are a big issue with all members which has resulted in some not being able to pay. There have been redunances(sp) which has had a result in some memembers not being able to pay, and these I think should have been given the option of getting out. The did do that a few years ago and lots of members left.

dicko7
18-09-2011, 06:40
OK bud
I nearly died when I got last years harassment demand. £1090 for something I used to pay £300 for - on top of I can't get where or when I want to go. Missold and useless. If you do a search on the net thru expedia etc it's much cheaper to use DRI resorts when you are not a points member and you can decide where and when you go. I get the feeling we as points owners are just money-making mugs for this group. That's probably why thousands of members are resigning and refusing to pay the ransom fees.
Can't wait till December - there will be thousands more wanting to join DRIP.

BobMac
19-09-2011, 09:50
The thread at the link below might interest you

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?23-The-Tenerife-illegal-lettings-thread

dicko7
24-09-2011, 11:19
Hi
Some interesting reading BobMac. Wouldn't put anything past this bunch!
Just been reading through numerous sites where owners are trying to sell their points - guess what? They can't even give them away!
So much for the points salesman and his wise words eg "think of it more of an investment" and "we will buy them back from you when / if you want to sell - I bet you will even make a profit as everyone wants them because they are so flexible"
Perhaps Jack and his beanstalk was not the only fairy-story. eg magic beans!
ps We predict many many new members will be joining DRIP when the next phase of ransom fees (from something I resigned from 2 years ago) are due later this year!

dicko7
27-09-2011, 17:58
Hi all
Just been reading various comments from points members who can't get accommodation in Spain for the next couple of months, seems it's fully booked. However, one member pulled out of their attempts with points and tried by the new well advertised "pay up front" method DRI are using to pull more victims in.
Guess what? Amazingly there was availability for those who want to pay and it is very cheap compared to those who pay points maintenance fees!
Points are a complete con from start to finish - and to top it all, DRI want us points owners to continue paying for it!
Get a grip!

dicko7
28-09-2011, 06:21
Hi all
WOW - just done another search using google for "DRI timeshare forums" and was suprised by the hundreds of sites being set up against this company. Every one of the forums is saying the same - complete con and a ponzi points system. Even the resale of points has become a complete con eg pay thousands up front and nothing happens. Do you think its because the points are worthless?
if you are in this situation, sit back, enjoy life and don't pay a penny of your hard earned cash to anyone. Too many prats are living the Armaini lifestyle on money created by threats to timeshare points owners!

dicko7
29-09-2011, 19:07
Hi all
There is a much respected organisation in the UK which was created to help those suffering from timeshare problems. The Timeshare Consumers Association (TCA) now has a link on its website to DRIP (DRI Protesters).
If you are suffering from DRI harassment, or know someone who is, try the two organisations mentioned above in order to get some up-to-date support and information.
Timeshare is a fantastic way to see the world, but some money grabbing businesses have spoilt it with their unfair practices!
Shame on them!

dicko7
01-10-2011, 06:29
Hi all
The DRI harassment machine moves on at its normal sickly pace - however, there is some progress.
The BBC is interested in DRI's methods of doing business - I will keep you informed of when its going to be on the TV.

kevo
04-10-2011, 18:54
Hi all well just booked a holiday to golf del sur one bed app, with roof terace, views of the golf course and sea, flights,and car hire for two weeks, Total£950. DRI management fees for 2011 £1254 that is why thousands of people will not paye these rip off merchants any more money , will be in tenerife in three weeks time yipeeee

dicko7
05-10-2011, 05:58
Hi all
kevo - you enjoy your holiday and just forget about your points fees.
PS The Safari Centre is worth a visit for a bit of shopping and a good meal.
PPS Don't go to any high-pressure presentations, they tell a load of crud!

kevo
05-10-2011, 14:22
Hi Dicko i have gone to a few of those and its the same old bull,they have had there last euro of me ,it was a good job i liked tenerife,because there was never anywhere else, unless you can book 13 months in advance, cant give points awaytheye are worth nowt,

dicko7
07-10-2011, 17:33
Hi all
Just been reading various reports about the resale fiasco associated with this nice company. It seems to work on a system of misrepresentation and lies to get you to buy into their points (plus thousands of pounds) , lies and rubbish to get you to try and move your magic points into a timeshare week (plus thousands of pounds), then they (DRI) sit back and wait for more money from the victims via maintenance fees (thousands of pounds).
Complete con from start to finish and the more potential victims that know this the better!
What's the point of points.
PS - the DRI and DS harassment machine continues - but without much success! Shame on them!

dicko7
17-10-2011, 05:47
Hi all
Some very interesting things happening in DRIP. If you are a member you need to log in.

dicko7
25-10-2011, 09:39
Hi all
Weather's awful - non stop wind and horizontal rain! Wish I was back in Tenerife.
Just another reminder for members of DRIP. You need to login.
Well - back to my DIY plumbing. I hate the pipework for taps!

Angusjim
23-02-2012, 12:29
Did anyone see "Rip of Britain" had a bit on about Diamond Resorts did not catch it all but the programme did say they had written to them with a list of people who had complaints about their points and Diamond have now accepted their resignation if they signed contract saying they would not discuss Diamond with anyone, if they do breach this it will cost them £10k. Is that why dicko7 has stopped posting :dontknow:

Jackie Buyer
23-02-2012, 12:56
Wondered why he had been so quiet of late

Oberon
23-02-2012, 16:07
....... accept their resignation if they signed contract saying they would not discuss Diamond with anyone, if they do breach this it will cost them £10k. Is that why dicko7 has stopped posting :dontknow: I hope he reads the contract this time. :whistle:

Simon-M
23-02-2012, 16:14
I hope he reads the contract this time. :whistle:

I doubt if he will. He didn't strike me as the type :)

ribbo
26-02-2012, 19:59
i am due in Tenerife in the next couple of weeks. I have taken up an offer from DRI for a week at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club.One of the conditions is that i attend a sales meeting to explain the concept of points ownership. They say it will only last 1 1/2 hours. Is this going to be a HARD SELL ????? Has anyone had any experience of this ??

Any help would be greatfull

Tenerife Villas
26-02-2012, 20:26
have a good holiday do not buy anything from diamond they will take the p::s. it's not hard sell but just ask them about the bbc program on them rip off Britain

AL JAY
26-02-2012, 20:36
I wouldn't go even if they paid me,I guarantee you will be there longer than 1 and a half hours as well, There was a link posted in the last few weeks and it didn't make good reading,Have a look on google!

sunseeker
26-02-2012, 22:59
i am due in Tenerife in the next couple of weeks. I have taken up an offer from DRI for a week at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club.One of the conditions is that i attend a sales meeting to explain the concept of points ownership. They say it will only last 1 1/2 hours. Is this going to be a HARD SELL ????? Has anyone had any experience of this ??

Any help would be greatfullyes, it will be a hard sell. say NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and youll be ok :)

dicko7
03-03-2012, 19:48
I see the fairy has a bitchy side-kick.

Angusjim
04-03-2012, 09:42
I see the fairy has a bitchy side-kick.

So do we assume that you are one of their "clients " that did get bought off for your silence :dontknow:

Simon-M
04-03-2012, 09:55
So do we assume that you are one of their "clients " that did get bought off for your silence :dontknow:

Either that or someone knicked his computer :)

Angusjim
09-02-2014, 11:06
Well things must be moving a bit with timeshare I have just had an offer ( not a lot ) for my week 52 at Sunsetbay and Diamond have also offered to take back my week 52 & 1, are more people looking due to illegal letting clampdown?? But I have weeks not points and I think much easier to move on.
I know that Sunsetbay was fully booked week 52 &1 this year so maybe some hope for people looking to get shot of their timeshare.

junglejim
09-02-2014, 11:33
Well things must be moving a bit with timeshare I have just had an offer ( not a lot ) for my week 52 at Sunsetbay and Diamond have also offered to take back my week 52 & 1, are more people looking due to illegal letting clampdown?? But I have weeks not points and I think much easier to move on.
I know that Sunsetbay was fully booked week 52 &1 this year so maybe some hope for people looking to get shot of their timeshare.

Just be careful AJ -many offers ask for a "processing fee" - you pay it and never hear from them again !

Angusjim
09-02-2014, 11:50
Just be careful AJ -many offers ask for a "processing fee" - you pay it and never hear from them again !

Offer from Worldwide Timeshare all fees paid by purchaser the offer is what I receive, as I said not a lot of money but we did not pay much for it but we have no intention of using week 52 again due to the crazy flight prices

junglejim
09-02-2014, 13:04
Offer from Worldwide Timeshare all fees paid by purchaser the offer is what I receive, as I said not a lot of money but we did not pay much for it but we have no intention of using week 52 again due to the crazy flight prices

Yes my In-laws used to have a timeshare in Portugal on 51,52 we got good use of it by swapping around world but never actually used those weeks due to flights - eventually walked away from it when fees went over 400quid per week - 20 + years ago !!

Angusjim
02-03-2014, 10:06
Thats the deal done money in bank, Worldwide Timeshare very good to deal with:c2:

Angusjim
22-03-2014, 09:29
I dont have any idea. I haven't visited it yet.

Thanks for this very useful and informative post have you now got enough posts to do what ever you came on here for:c2::lol: