PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend an English speaking Doctor in Los Cristianos, Tenerife?

slummymummy
23-07-2011, 13:43
Can anyone recomend a good doctors surgery that speak english in the Los Cristianos area. Both of us work so we pay our taxes and have been told we qualify for state healthcare but I have no idea about how or where to register.
Thanks

Bobby
23-07-2011, 13:48
Can anyone recomend a good doctors surgery that speak english in the Los Cristianos area. Both of us work so we pay our taxes and have been told we qualify for state healthcare but I have no idea about how or where to register.
Thanks

I believe there is an English doctor in the Arona Grand complex.

obs
23-07-2011, 14:20
Yes there is, but she is not 'Social' but private.

Slummymummy - you should get in touch with forum member golden maniac, who will give you all the help and advice you need http://www.diana-mcglone.com/
Good luck.:)

cinnamon
23-07-2011, 14:45
pm sent.....

Zara
23-07-2011, 15:02
Donīt think you can pick and choose a social doctor, believe it is based on where you live. We live closer to Los Cristianos but our doctor is in Arona. However, Golden maniac will be able to advise.

waveydavey
23-07-2011, 15:06
Hi yes the doctor is Karen Whittaker and her phone nuber is 922 788226.

Faraway
23-07-2011, 15:25
You can choose your social doctor as I live towards the North and my doctor is in Adeje - he speaks English! So give it a go!

Goldenmaniac
23-07-2011, 15:29
Thanks
Have a look here http://www.diana-mcglone.com/health.htm#entitlement.
If you are living in Los Cristianos then the Centro de Salud (Canarian Health Service Medical Centre) that you use will be the the one upstairs opposite the bus station, you register at reception.

Some of the doctors do speak some English, but there is no entitlement to this, and very few of the auxiliary staff do, either take an interpreter with you or if you want a guaranteed English speaker that will only be available under the private system,

Added after 2 minutes:

You cannot chose a social doctor outside your own "county", you have to provide an empadronamiento to show which ayuntamiento you are in.

Adeje is clearly not Arona which is what Los Cristianos comes under.

eggletonjo
24-07-2011, 09:47
I have a doctor mentioned by goldenmanic, most of the doctors do speak English but i would take an interpreter to register. I would also recommend that when you want an appointment go in to reception the day before as you need a good understanding of spanish to book an appointment online.

astara
07-03-2012, 11:54
Can anybody give us the name & address of the social doctors in arona please.