PDA

View Full Version : Well done LG & Mediamarkt!

Goldenmaniac
23-07-2011, 14:56
Purchased an LG telly 32" from Mediamarkt in Jan 2010 and it developed a fault in May this year (still in 2 year normal guarantee) Reported to LG who sent techies within 3 days who took it away as said the fault required the whole screen to be replaced. New screen fitted and telly delivered back in 3 weeks (would have been quicker but we were away on hols) after 3 weeks same fault started again - screen had a black line in the middle with one side darker than the other after it had been on for an hour or so. Back to LG who sent teccie out again (2 days after reporting fault) techies perplexed - took TV away again on the Friday on Tuesday telephoned me to say can't be repaired our bloke is bringing you a paper today to get a new telly - which he duly did.

Went to Mediamarkt this morning - 2 mins with the service dept handed in paper and got a credit for the full amount to spend on whatever TV we wanted - so walked out with a brand new TV and 2 more years of guarantee!

It was a pain that it went wrong but they couldn't have treated us any better.

sleepy
23-07-2011, 15:38
Went to Mediamarkt this morning - 2 mins with the service dept handed in paper and got a credit for the full amount to spend on whatever TV we wanted - so walked out with a brand new TV and 2 more years of guarantee!

I bet it wasn't another LG? :lol:

Goldenmaniac
23-07-2011, 16:23
Funnily enough it was! Pete looked at the options in the budget and it was still the best - bigger screen though.

The thing is with electricals ***** happens sometimes you get a rougue one, what was important to me was the way the manufacturer and the shop dealt with the problem

sleepy
23-07-2011, 16:34
Funnily enough it was! Pete looked at the options in the budget and it was still the best - bigger screen though.

The thing is with electricals ***** happens sometimes you get a rougue one, what was important to me was the way the manufacturer and the shop dealt with the problem

Yes of course,full credit to LG and Mediamarkt and enjoy your new model.:)