PDA

View Full Version : Is there a supermarket in Chayofa, south Tenerife?

TrueBlueAngel
23-07-2011, 22:04
My family and I are staying at Chayofa Country Club in October and really looking forward to visiting Tenerife. Wondered if there was a local supermarket nearby? I'd like to stock up on breakfast things. I'm hoping there will be somewhere thats open late as we dont arrive until late evening.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Andy0210
23-07-2011, 22:13
Most of the bigger supermarkets close between 21.15 and 22.00, the nearest shop to your resort is the petrol station further up the hill or the 24 hr supermarket in La Camella. Neither are walking distance at night.

Then the nearest larger supermarket to you the day after will be the Hiper Trebol in Los Cristianos or the Mercadona in Cabo Blanco. My advice unless you are getting a hire car is just buy breakfast on resort or bring a few things with you.

bang1
23-07-2011, 22:54
the supermarket in chayofa behind the club
is up for sale and is closing down soon in the
near furtures

jewels
24-07-2011, 01:09
the answer is no.

slodgedad
24-07-2011, 01:13
It's only a 10 minute bus ride to Hyper Trebol in Los Cristianos. (Decent supermarket)

Pixie17
24-07-2011, 07:41
There is a small convenience store at the RCI Club as you pass through Aguilas Del Teide just before Chayofa. Its the big oriental building on the corner just before the main road that takes you into Los Cristianos.

Chicken Shirl
24-07-2011, 09:09
The resort has a bus that will take you into Los Cristianos There are lots of supermarkets there........If it were me I would take breakfast at the resort the first morning then go shopping. Hope you have a great holiday.

Shirley.x

videotalker
24-07-2011, 11:35
My family and I are staying at Chayofa Country Club in October and really looking forward to visiting Tenerife. Wondered if there was a local supermarket nearby? I'd like to stock up on breakfast things. I'm hoping there will be somewhere thats open late as we dont arrive until late evening.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

I'd forget about breakfast and enjoy the freebies that we got while staying at Chayofa Country Club - we had exchanged from Florida and when we arrived at our semi villa with shared pool, there was a basket of fruit and a bottle of red and white wine waiting for us - lovely we thought and over the next few days scoffed the lot. We went out most days to the beach and when we got back, the wine had always been replaced! Saved us a fortune that week! All the freebies were from the timeshare team who called EVERY day at our door (when we were out, notes under the door when we got in), but luckily we avoided the boring 3 hour 'presentation' and just drank all their drink.

ENJOY!

timmylish
24-07-2011, 19:20
I'd forget about breakfast and enjoy the freebies that we got while staying at Chayofa Country Club - we had exchanged from Florida and when we arrived at our semi villa with shared pool, there was a basket of fruit and a bottle of red and white wine waiting for us - lovely we thought and over the next few days scoffed the lot. We went out most days to the beach and when we got back, the wine had always been replaced! Saved us a fortune that week! All the freebies were from the timeshare team who called EVERY day at our door (when we were out, notes under the door when we got in), but luckily we avoided the boring 3 hour 'presentation' and just drank all their drink.

ENJOY!

I hope that you wrote this"tongue in cheek" as i can assure you that the resort would certainly not normally give such hospitality. Why should they? You are only an exchangee from Florida! The only plausible reason which I can think of is since you were in one THE units, being the villas, they may have thought that you were in the market to purchase at Chayofa. Other than that, its a wind up.
As to the O/p, please do not be deluded in thinking you will get any of the foregoing!

TrueBlueAngel
24-07-2011, 20:25
No, I dont think I'll get the freebies...lol. We've got the apartment from a friend. We've hired a car so we can get breakfast at the resort the first morning and drive to a good supermarket after that. I dont mind having breakfast at the resort, on the balcony in the sun :)

videotalker
24-07-2011, 21:23
I hope that you wrote this"tongue in cheek" as i can assure you that the resort would certainly not normally give such hospitality. Why should they? You are only an exchangee from Florida! The only plausible reason which I can think of is since you were in one THE units, being the villas, they may have thought that you were in the market to purchase at Chayofa. Other than that, its a wind up.
As to the O/p, please do not be deluded in thinking you will get any of the foregoing!

No I certainly didn't write this tongue in cheek as this actually happened to us - what I didn't add was that on our departure, we were kept waiting at reception while someone from reception ran down to our unit to check if we had trashed the place/stole the furniture/etc etc and we were mortified as we respect anywhere we stay.

Hope everyone enjoys their stay at Chayofa Country Club as we certainly did.

Tallyho
25-07-2011, 21:24
I certainly enjoyed my stay at RCC.

As a bit of an aside, try eating at the little resaurant next to the car wash (I think) and garage. Its about a 5-10 minute walk on the back road (again, I think) to the hospital.

The service is a little 'laid back' but the food is worth it!

Enjoy!

Jackie
25-07-2011, 22:01
I certainly enjoyed my stay at RCC.

As a bit of an aside, try eating at the little resaurant next to the car wash (I think) and garage. Its about a 5-10 minute walk on the back road (again, I think) to the hospital.

The service is a little 'laid back' but the food is worth it!

Enjoy!

Don't tell everyone about this place, it'll get packed. We always go there either lunch time or early evening, the food is very good as are their prices. As soon as we walk in they know they are in for an order of Chicken Arrepas Mmmmm

You say your stay at RCC as in Regency Country Club? Because this resort and Chayofa Country Club are so close a lot of people confuse the two.

To the OP, I wouldn't bother with the little store at The Regency Country Club ( the Thai looking building), it closes between 12 and 5 every day and his prices are not the best either.

Tallyho
26-07-2011, 07:23
Fair comment Jackie..........

It's good to know other folks go as well.
I was in Tenerife in May for 4 days and went twice..........I'm very much in the carne de cabra camp!

We had the full mashings plus wine, beers and soft drinks.
The bill came to 78 euros for 4 of us and we were more than happy to hand over 90 euros...........it was only on leaving that the lady who served stopped us to query the bill. We had read her hand writing wrong..............the bill was only 48 euros!

TrueBlueAngel
26-07-2011, 07:59
Whats the name of this restaurant?

Fair comment Jackie..........

It's good to know other folks go as well.
I was in Tenerife in May for 4 days and went twice..........I'm very much in the carne de cabra camp!

We had the full mashings plus wine, beers and soft drinks.
The bill came to 78 euros for 4 of us and we were more than happy to hand over 90 euros...........it was only on leaving that the lady who served stopped us to query the bill. We had read her hand writing wrong..............the bill was only 48 euros!

Jackie
26-07-2011, 09:14
Whats the name of this restaurant?

If I am honest I can't remember haha. It is Canarian owned and is a large red building as you head up towards Chayofa on the right, just past El Mojon. It is set back off the main road and you need to take the turning for El Mojon where the big Statue of a stupid coloured eagle is ( looked so much better before they painted it lol). Along this road before you get to El Mojon is a dirt track on the left, this road will get you to the restaurant.

Zara
26-07-2011, 09:34
Think it is called something like El Buho Sidreria

Tojack
26-07-2011, 10:31
You beat me to it Zara.That's the one.

Zara
26-07-2011, 10:39
You beat me to it Zara.That's the one.

Have you been there Jack because I called in around 18 months ago and the place was full of broken cars and barking dogs. Nobody was around, it was during the day and it put me off. Of course in the meantime anything could have happened, changed hands, tidied up, so not fair to write it off but I would be interested in others opinions.

Tojack
26-07-2011, 13:46
Used to go on saturday afternoon. when they used to roast a whole lamb and the chef just cut it up and served.It changed hands about the time you went.But Been in since English chef left so no slow roast lamb anymore.:cry:Never had had a bad meal in their.Would say about 9 months since i was last in. You must try the cider and don't let the outside put you off once inside white linen cloths nice tableware the lot.

Jackie
26-07-2011, 20:46
The last time I went there was about three months ago and it was packed. My son has been there more recently with his mate who leaves his car being valeted next door while they eat :)