PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Phones Check your Direct Telecom phone bill this month!

TenerifeTeddy
04-06-2011, 08:40
If you use Direct Telecom for ADSL or the phone service, please ensure you carefully check your bill.

My bill is usually big because I use it for the shop, but this month it was double what I was expecting.

When I checked it, there were quite a few calls that had been billed multiple times. Exactly the same date, time, number, duration and cost of call repeated 4-5 times.

I didnīt receive it till late last night, so will be contacting DT to have it amended.

Itīs obviously just a computer glitch, but please check yours to make sure you havenīt been overcharged.

TenerifeTeddy
06-06-2011, 11:21
If you use Direct Telecom for ADSL or the phone service, please ensure you carefully check your bill.

My bill is usually big because I use it for the shop, but this month it was double what I was expecting.

When I checked it, there were quite a few calls that had been billed multiple times. Exactly the same date, time, number, duration and cost of call repeated 4-5 times.

I didnīt receive it till late last night, so will be contacting DT to have it amended.

Itīs obviously just a computer glitch, but please check yours to make sure you havenīt been overcharged.

I have spoken with Direct Telecom this morning and they told me that they are aware of the problem and that all affected bills will be amended and reissued:D

ali marshall
06-06-2011, 11:57
I would recommend the same for telefonica as well.I received my last bill with a 25.00 euro charge on it,this is for reconnection of the line.Checked through all my bills for the last 6 months and i did not have one bill they had been paid late.

Took me 20 minutes to sort it out with them,told me was for the month of febuary,which was paid on the 5th of march(due date 7th) ,they have now told yes they have made a mistake but need to bay 25 euro today and will send me back the 11 euro differece.When asked why i had to pay 11 euro extra when my line is only 14 and my calls are with talk talk,they could not give me answer but said i will get it back,haha and pigs fly.

Thankfull after this month my line payment is going to be included with my talk talk bills.This is 2nd time this has happened to me and telefonica are totally useless.

waverunner
07-06-2011, 17:24
Hi All, If your with Direct Telecom make sure you check your bill there has been mistakes made with the billing. Seems a single call has been charged for 5 times. I phoned and told them and they acted very quickly to put things right - better have a look :eyebrows:

Tinkabel
07-06-2011, 18:34
Think there's another thread on this somewhere

hedgehog
07-06-2011, 19:48
Yeah, it's all been sorted - they sent new bills today!

hedgehog
07-06-2011, 19:52
Telefonica do seem to be good at overcharging and then giving it back a month later...maybe they have a really big credit card account...I went through the same rigmarole for months, they charged, gave it back a month later then overcharged the next day, gave it back a month later...I could go on but that would be dull!

ali marshall
07-06-2011, 20:12
Your lucky if you got it back,they owed me 280.00 euro,them told me they would deduct it off my future bills so not to pay them.Did as i was told then was charged 25.00 euro for non payment lol.Then was told i receive a cheque,never got it,then again they said will be taken off future bills,same thing again 25.00 euro charge.Then they had the cheek to say pay your bill on time for 6 months and we will give you the money back,told them the 2 non payments was because i was told not to pay them grrr.

After 6 months i phoned and they said they did not know what i was going on about,had the letter in front of me saying i was charged for a line they had been cancelled along time ago.In the end though i may as welll bang my head against a brick wall,you never get same person to talk to,so you have to go through whole story over and over.

Thank god i am with talk talk,same person deals with any problems and unlimited uk calls,plus they speak perfect english.

hedgehog
07-06-2011, 20:55
I don't think there are many people on the island who don't have a story or know somebody with a story about Telefonica, thank god for the likes of talk talk and direct telecom, been with them for a while now and touch wood no horror stories - like you say, it makes a hell of a difference being able to speak to somebody in proper English!

TenerifeTeddy
07-06-2011, 21:01
Think there's another thread on this somewhere
Threads Merged:)
I received the amended bill this evening and all is correct now :)

slodgedad
07-06-2011, 21:49
I received another bill today with a covering letter about the database problem but t was exactly the same as the one I already had.

Looks like they're re billing everyone to make sure.

Well done DT, and well done TT for kicking 'em up the jacksy

hedgehog
07-06-2011, 22:21
I think that's what the message they sent with it said - not everyone was affected but they were re-sending all just in case.