PDA

View Full Version : Masca trip after broken knee

johnybravo
24-07-2011, 12:52
My mum had broken knee about 12 months ago. She would like to make Masca trip down to the beach. As far as I know that may be dangerous for her. Just read that you have to jump 2 m down in some places and that was the reason why he had broken knee before but different trip and different country. My question is:

Is it so hard to go down? Is the trip so hard an dangerous for person after broken knee? I am a wee bit worry.

Suej
24-07-2011, 13:03
Personally I would not risk it! it is very steep in places, and the knees and ankles take the brunt of the pressure.:)

Goforgold
24-07-2011, 13:19
Personally I would not risk it! it is very steep in places, and the knees and ankles take the brunt of the pressure.:)

Have you done the walk Suej ? We were planning to do it and get the boat back to Los Gigantes, so would be interested in your thoughts. :)

Suej
24-07-2011, 13:25
Have you done the walk Suej ? We were planning to do it and get the boat back to Los Gigantes, so would be interested in your thoughts. :)

Iīve been to Masca GFG but wouldnīt do the walk. My next door neighbours both Kite surf and are very fit and didnīt think it was easy. I have done the Barranco del infierno which was not too bad at all! and is very pretty, but I think that walk is closed at the moment. :flower:

Goforgold
24-07-2011, 13:27
Iīve been to Masca GFG but wouldnīt do the walk. My next door neighbours both Kite surf and are very fit and didnīt think it was easy. I have done the Barranco del infierno which was not too bad at all! and is very pretty, but I think that walk is closed at the moment. :flower:

Maybe we will give it a miss then!!! I've read up on the Barrnaco del infierno one - will have see if it opens again. :)

imablue
24-07-2011, 13:41
why not have a word with forum member Cyberhiker, i,m sure he could put you right on some walk(s) that you,re mum would be able to do.........:) without jumping from ledge to ledge like a goat ......:crazy:

doreen
24-07-2011, 14:22
When would you plan to do the walk, johnnyb ?

johnybravo
24-07-2011, 16:42
between 12 - 23 August. It is not yet set up. This should be photo trip mostly with no rush speed. 5-6 hours. Back to Los Gigantes via boat.

caliente
24-07-2011, 16:48
Ask forum member Doren maybe she can give you some tips as she is in the same boat as your mum.

lesbroz
24-07-2011, 23:15
My mum had broken knee about 12 months ago. She would like to make Masca trip down to the beach. As far as I know that may be dangerous for her. Just read that you have to jump 2 m down in some places and that was the reason why he had broken knee before but different trip and different country. My question is:

Is it so hard to go down? Is the trip so hard an dangerous for person after broken knee? I am a wee bit worry.

You don't say how old your mother is and what her fitness levels are like.

I'm in my late 50's and only 5 ' tall. I really enjoyed doing this walk, but it can be strenuous in places.

TenerifeTeddy
24-07-2011, 23:18
We determined that Johnybravo was a duplicate account of a previously banned member. So there wonīt be any more replies from him.

slodgedad
25-07-2011, 00:29
This thread is now closed.

Be aware that duplicate accounts are against Forum rules.

Some have slipped by due to the amount of behind the scenes work that has been going on with regard to the merge.

Any duplicate accounts found, now that we have a little more time, will result in bans for both accounts.

If you have a duplicate account please inform us which one you would like to keep.