PDA

View Full Version : Has Martinez closed in Las Chafiras, Tenerife?

henry
24-07-2011, 21:29
i know p.c.city has been close for like what 2 mothes now? when i was coing home from santa cruz i seen martinez next door of p.c. city the sign is down. does that means martinez has close up as well?? in las chifias

timmylish
24-07-2011, 21:33
No. Martinez is expanding, taking over the PC City unit and from what I was told by their staff may also start selling "informatica" goods!
We shall see. Been working on the unit for 2 weeks now.

slodgedad
24-07-2011, 21:36
I was surprised too at the amount of reconstructing being done too, but now we know

asox39
25-07-2011, 17:38
Does anybody know when its opening as i need a 42" television

princessmonika
25-07-2011, 19:42
go to the spanish fellow--he is very good he is on that strip-- i got my TV and DVD and printer from him -- also cheaper--

Margaretta
25-07-2011, 19:44
Goods are qualitative and delivered on time but the staff absolutely refuse to speak any English even when you try hard in Canarian. Nor would they make a simple phone call for me about a repair, even though I offered to pay for the call and they said that the people on the other end spoke no English. New place and I hope new manners!

dede
14-08-2011, 21:08
It opened up on thursday but its now called Worten, it sells everything that martinez sold and everything that pc city sold but all in one shop now. Looks pretty cheap aswell.

kellyman
15-08-2011, 17:00
Goods are qualitative and delivered on time but the staff absolutely refuse to speak any English even when you try hard in Canarian. Nor would they make a simple phone call for me about a repair, even though I offered to pay for the call and they said that the people on the other end spoke no English. New place and I hope new manners!

I am suprised at this post. We bought a kettle from Martinez and it soon developed a faulty switch. We returned it and the staff could not have been more helpful. My Spanish is limited and so they conducted everything in English. I thought they were first class, and we soon had our kettle repaired and returned.

timmylish
15-08-2011, 17:26
We were speaking to on of the lady managers on Friday and have to say that her English was superb and, if I,m correct, she had worked this store previously when we had to return a faulty item. No fuss. No problem. Dealt with courteously as you would expect.

glostergirl
16-08-2011, 10:55
Goods are qualitative and delivered on time but the staff absolutely refuse to speak any English even when you try hard in Canarian. Nor would they make a simple phone call for me about a repair, even though I offered to pay for the call and they said that the people on the other end spoke no English. New place and I hope new manners! which shop are you talking about??????????????

andyb
17-08-2011, 14:16
which shop are you talking about??????????????

i don't see that it nuch matters. I've bought from Martinez and from the little spanish shop and have had nothing but courtesy - even though my spanglish isn't up to much.

glostergirl
17-08-2011, 14:23
i don't see that it nuch matters. I've bought from Martinez and from the little spanish shop and have had nothing but courtesy - even though my spanglish isn't up to much. have shopped in both these places in the time i have lived here!!! always had good service was a bit surprised to see a negative post and wondered if the poster was talking about the new store hence my query!!!

Suej
17-08-2011, 14:32

I think you were a bit unlucky there Margaretta:( The staff were really very courteous and I have been in both the original shops many times. Havenīt looked in on Worten yet though.