PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a Kenwood Chef in Tenerife?

Dominique
24-07-2011, 21:43
Anyone knows where they sell the Kenwood Chef mixers on Tenerife?

I know they sell them at El Corte Ingles but they're VERY expensive.

TIA

Dominique

henry
24-07-2011, 21:45
have you tried maya here in las americas?

Dominique
24-07-2011, 21:58
Maya doesn't sell Kenwood

anyone else?

henry
24-07-2011, 22:03
saturn in sant cruz or media market by carrefour in santa maria de mar.

Dominique
24-07-2011, 22:08
I've been in both and unless I'm completely mistaken they don't sell them either... does anyone actually know for sure?

I do appreciate people giving me names of stores but it would be nice if someone actually knows where they sell them.

buffy
24-07-2011, 22:33
I saw one in Chafiras in Adeje, looked really good, cost about 55 euros

dixie4
24-07-2011, 22:35
It is such a pity you were not asking this question 12 months ago.

I gave a Kenwood Chef away, (along with lots of other things when clearing out my parents apartment of all the things I would never use). The full kit and working, very sorry.

Dominique
24-07-2011, 22:37
I saw one in Chafiras in Adeje, looked really good, cost about 55 euros

the cheapest Chef is €400+
dunno what you saw ;)

It is such a pity you were not asking this question 12 months ago.

I gave a Kenwood Chef away, (along with lots of other things when clearing out my parents apartment of all the things I would never use). The full kit and working, very sorry.

bad luck :'(

thx anyway

Megaloo
24-07-2011, 22:49
There are differently priced ones on Amazon and if I am not mistaken may come under free delivery because the cost is more than £25 ?? not too sure on that one, I appreciate you may have to pay some duty but still may work out a lot cheaper than buying one here.

Dominique
24-07-2011, 22:54
There are differently priced ones on Amazon and if I am not mistaken may come under free delivery because the cost is more than £25 ?? not too sure on that one, I appreciate you may have to pay some duty but still may work out a lot cheaper than buying one here.

I tried different suppliers on amazon and none will deliver this to Tenerife... I bought lots of things there before

I can get it for a decent price from an online shop in peninsula but I prefer getting in my car and picking up a box... that's why I'm checking here with you guys... and girls ;)

thx anyway Megaloo

Added after 5 minutes:

I tried different suppliers on amazon and none will deliver this to Tenerife... I bought lots of things there before

I can get it for a decent price from an online shop in peninsula but I prefer getting in my car and picking up a box... that's why I'm checking here with you guys... and girls ;)

thx anyway Megaloo

Megaloo
24-07-2011, 23:07
I do remember seeing one in an electrical shop opposite the Outlet shop of El corte Inglis but was very expensive, I think this is what you are going to find over here.

Have you tried putting a notice on Iceland's board There maybe some poeple who go there but are not on the Forum worth a try. I have one sorry you cannot have mine though:devil:

Dominique
24-07-2011, 23:21
I have to correct myself... I can actually order it on amazon... I'm confused as I'm sure I tried... but maybe on a hangover

thx for the tip... if anyone still knows of a shop on the island?

Dominique

LosRoques
25-07-2011, 09:58
El Corte Inglés for sure - I have a KC Major that I brought with me when I moved here, buy parts etc. for it there. They have quite a range.

I've found that with ECI you may pay a little over the odds but the after-sales service you get is excellent. There's also a company up at San Cristobal (Sieper Junkers) that can get you all the Kenwood spare parts you need (as recommended by ECI - ECI can get them as well but they say if you want it in a hurry go to Sieper...).

Quick note about Amazon - don't use the supersaver postage or the express postage. If you do it takes up to a month and is guaranteed to be stopped by customs. We find using the regular postage method (via the post office) works best. Stuff arrives within a week or so and about 1 item in 10 gets stopped at customs.

Dominique
25-07-2011, 14:24
don't[/B] use the supersaver postage or the express postage. If you do it takes up to a month and is guaranteed to be stopped by customs. We find using the regular postage method (via the post office) works best. Stuff arrives within a week or so and about 1 item in 10 gets stopped at customs.

The options I get are:

Choose a delivery speed:
- FREE Super Saver Delivery (3-7 business days)
- Standard (3-7 business days)

So do you mean the 'standard' option here? it's 15.83 more but a good investment in (possibly) not having to pay import duties. How much are they by the way?

Dominique

LosRoques
25-07-2011, 15:17
Standard - 3-7 business days. I can't guarantee that it won't get stopped but as I said we've had many good experiences with this.

There's a flat fee of around 12€ for processing by correos/customs plus the tax itself - no idea what that is, we so rarely pay it. The total (tax+fee) for us has always been less than 20€. As I said, most stuff gets through without processing, I think partly because most stuff is not worth taxing and they simply can't process it all.

Dominique
25-07-2011, 15:33
Standard - 3-7 business days. I can't guarantee that it won't get stopped but as I said we've had many good experiences with this.

There's a flat fee of around 12€ for processing by correos/customs plus the tax itself - no idea what that is, we so rarely pay it. The total (tax+fee) for us has always been less than 20€. As I said, most stuff gets through without processing, I think partly because most stuff is not worth taxing and they simply can't process it all.

thx for the info... I recently paid €17 on something just under €100 and I thought it was expensive... but €12+x% makes a lot of sense now... if I'm not mistaken 90% of goods are 5% so I'm looking forward to a cheap deal :D

Added after 2 minutes:

and the chances of having to pay... I don't care that much... win some lose some ;)
I'm saving a lot more ordering from them... and I'm confident they have international warranty... in case not spare parts are available as someone states earlier