PDA

View Full Version : Post your live updates for speed traps in Tenerife!

DJ Dangerous
25-07-2011, 08:58
Does anybody have live updates on the location of mobile speed traps?

Last Friday at 0820h and again this morning at 0840h:

TF-1 exit ramp under Fañabe footbridge.

imablue
25-07-2011, 09:30
yep there again this morning Dave...they didn,t catch you did they?....
they must have done a lot of business..!! there on friday to return so soon ..or maybe they didn,t do enough ...:confused:

caliente
25-07-2011, 09:35
Looks like a fun job to me.:eyebrows:857

Ecky Thump
09-08-2014, 17:17
Not in Tenerife, but outside my house this morning at 8am, the police set up a "Speed Trap" and then along came the local council and set up a contra flow system complete with a vehicle that had a sign emblazoned on it "Follow Me" and yes it was doing 15MPH .....no one got done for speeding.:lol:

essexeddie
09-08-2014, 20:00
Suppose its easier than catching the muggers. Plus more money in it for them.

DJ Dangerous
09-08-2014, 23:16
Some of the off-ramps are very, very short, and the speed-limit signs poorly positioned, meaning that you can be expected to decelerate from 120 to 60 in a couple of hundred metres, then roll along at 40 for 500 metres!

The worst one that I've noticed is the southbound off-ramp for Adeje, not Adeje Casco, but the next one - possibly 79B - where I am convinced that the 300m, 200m and 100m markers are only 50m apart!

The southbound San Eugenio exit is rough, the northbound Fanabe exit is rough, and the on-and-off ramp at San Eugenio is a classic!

Poor planning of these exits and speed limits, combined with a well positioned mobile speed camera, and it's easy money for the government!

Malteser Monkey
09-08-2014, 23:39
OH had a speed trap camera - I told him maybe take more notice of your speed dial than the camera trap. Didn't stop one of his vans .....Fine !

Serious me on a serious thread everybody

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

hang on this is a thread from 2011 :doh:

seanocelt
10-08-2014, 02:57
Some of the off-ramps are very, very short, and the speed-limit signs poorly positioned, meaning that you can be expected to decelerate from 120 to 60 in a couple of hundred metres, then roll along at 40 for 500 metres!

The worst one that I've noticed is the southbound off-ramp for Adeje, not Adeje Casco, but the next one - possibly 79B - where I am convinced that the 300m, 200m and 100m markers are only 50m apart!

The southbound San Eugenio exit is rough, the northbound Fanabe exit is rough, and the on-and-off ramp at San Eugenio is a classic!

Poor planning of these exits and speed limits, combined with a well positioned mobile speed camera, and it's easy money for the government!

WHAT WHAT WHAT? speed cameras at San Eugenio? Since when?

bonitatime
10-08-2014, 09:08
The Santa Cruz police release on Twitter every morning where their speed traps will be

DJ Dangerous
10-08-2014, 14:10
WHAT WHAT WHAT? speed cameras at San Eugenio? Since when?

Not yet, just saying that it's a classic poorly designed off-ramp.

Thankfully, it's too short to sneak a cop car onto.

martincrabb99
10-08-2014, 15:33
I would find it very hard to forgive a speeding driver who killed a love one. I would not forget either. It's not the Police who kill or seriously injure road users it's speeding and drivers who drink and use controlled drugs. Drive responsibly!

Ecky Thump
10-08-2014, 15:58
I live within a small Ayrshire village (Fairlie) where the main A78 trunk road goes through, recently a driver of a articulated lorry on its way to the local coal terminal lost control, crossed the pavement and hit a house where two pensioners sitting watching their TV were tragically killed, hence the speed trap that I mentioned in a previous post on this thread.
The police are attempting to keep the cars, lorries, buses etc. driving through the village adhere to the 30mph speed limit, what amazes me is the amount of local people flashing their lights to warn the other motorists of the speed traps, then the very same people attend meetings asking for the coal terminal to be closed or a bypass to be built and then other locals are asking would it not be better for the police to be out trying stop local youths from committing a nuisance at night, catch muggers etc.......for the police a no win situation.???

martincrabb99
10-08-2014, 16:18
I don't know about Spanish law but warning other drivers in the UK by flashing lights as a warning could be construed as ' obstructing the police in the execution of their duty '

essexeddie
10-08-2014, 17:23
The Santa Cruz police release on Twitter every morning where their speed traps will be

Maybe but doesn't help us down South :tiphat:

princessmonika
10-08-2014, 17:27
just don't speed and nobody will have a problem

Ecky Thump
10-08-2014, 17:30
Maybe but doesn't help us down South :tiphat:

No one should need prior warning of speed traps, people should simply adhere to the speed limits.

I will have to admit there are stretches of road that I tend to break the speed limit, but I certainly try to adhere to them in towns and villages.:twak:

essexeddie
10-08-2014, 17:41
I think most people have unintentionally broken the speed limit at times then corrected it. I admit I have and I'm no speed merchant by far. I did all my mad driving in the London/Essex Fire Service for 30 years and got it out of my system.
I have had a clean licence for 50 years, not even a parking ticket. But I still lose my concentration sometimes. Perhaps I have been lucky.

Ecky Thump
10-08-2014, 17:50
I think most people have unintentionally broken the speed limit at times then corrected it. I admit I have and I'm no speed merchant by far. I did all my mad driving in the London/Essex Fire Service for 30 years and got it out of my system.
I have had a clean licence for 50 years, not even a parking ticket. But I still lose my concentration sometimes. Perhaps I have been lucky.

Almost snap! With the exception of fire engines,... 51 years on October 2nd ....clean licence, but one parking ticket in a council owned car park in St.Albans and it cost me £10 !!!!:devil2:

I'm not the typical BMW driver, but own one and a Golf R32. 250 BHP, Poo off a shiny shovel.:D

essexeddie
10-08-2014, 18:15
I have to declare that I did get clamped on private land once. It was a sneaky trick as the no parking sign was obscured buy a carefully placed van. So that doesn't count. :wink:

Ecky Thump
10-08-2014, 18:17
I have to declare that I did get clamped on private land once. It was a sneaky trick as the no parking sign was obscured buy a carefully placed van. So that doesn't count. :wink:

Oh I'd does count, as it cost you money!:D

essexeddie
10-08-2014, 19:52
Maybe but I didn't break the law. Not in my book.
I was set up for a private prosecution (private land)

martincrabb99
11-08-2014, 16:09
Maybe but I didn't break the law. Not in my book.
I was set up for a private prosecution (private land)

Now that is a dirty trick..fortunately nothing on your licence though !

essexeddie
11-08-2014, 18:51
Luckily the Law has changed now with Clamping. What a con that all was.