PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic Has AI seen its day in Tenerife?

AJP
24-07-2011, 23:27
You could also consider the OP's question another way round and ask:- Has Los Cristianos seen it's day ?

Recent reports from members have been saying that the Island is currently packed with holidaymakers, businesses have never been busier and it's just like the good old days.

Yet LC is so quiet on a Saturday morning. :confused:
Thank god you,ve posted on this thread Jimbo,as soon as I saw it I knew you,d be right in there, especially when it incorporated Los cristianos but then I got worried, you went missing.I organized a search party.................well I say a search party.....it was one person....................remember Peters and Lee..................................well it wasn,t Lee.......................:hello:

Jimandsi
25-07-2011, 15:04
Thank god you,ve posted on this thread Jimbo,as soon as I saw it I knew you,d be right in there, especially when it incorporated Los cristianos but then I got worried, you went missing.I organized a search party.................well I say a search party.....it was one person....................remember Peters and Lee..................................well it wasn,t Lee.......................:hello:

Post reported for trolling and flaming.

junglejim
25-07-2011, 15:08
Post reported for trolling and flaming.

You havinŽa laff?????

Jimandsi
25-07-2011, 15:12
You havinŽa laff?????

No - it's the rules.

YOUNG GOLFER
25-07-2011, 15:24
You havinŽa laff?????

To be fair junglejim..........he is a expert on that subject.

Jimandsi
25-07-2011, 18:48
To be fair junglejim..........he is a expert on that subject.

That's not exactly on topic is it YG ?

Don't forget the rules eh.

Jimandsi
25-07-2011, 19:40
@admin/mods,

Thank you for moving these posts to a separate thread.

It's reassuring to know that your rules regarding trolling and flaming now apply to ALL members.

Zara
25-07-2011, 19:59
Seems we have a new forum clique :whistle: I must say I am surprised by some of the members I thought they were above that sort of thing.

pablo1
25-07-2011, 20:24
Seems we have a new forum clique :whistle: I must say I am surprised by some of the members I thought they were above that sort of thing.

Care to explain Zara. It's just i'm confused as to who belongs to a clique and I would be interested to find out.

The only thing that's apparant to me is Jimandsi failing spectacularly in trying to goad respectable members into his/her small minded games.

It's funny that you talk of members being above certain things as I agree with the sentiments. I mean, who on earth would be sad enough to set up a secret forum....

Zara
25-07-2011, 20:37
Care to explain Zara. It's just i'm confused as to who belongs to a clique and I would be interested to find out.

The only thing that's apparant to me is Jimandsi failing spectacularly in trying to goad respectable members into his/her small minded games.

It's funny that you talk of members being above certain things as I agree with the sentiments. I mean, who on earth would be sad enough to set up a secret forum....

As there are not too many people on this thread yet Pablo I would have thought even you could have figured out who I was referring to.

pablo1
25-07-2011, 20:40
As there are not too many people on this thread yet Pablo I would have thought even you could have figured out who I was referring to.

You and Jimandsi ?

doreen
25-07-2011, 20:47
I've heard of Flamin' Nora, but not Flamin' Zara, surely :lol:

Chill folks :)

junglejim
25-07-2011, 20:50
i am at a bit of a loss as to what I thought was a straight question to J&S is considered flaming ??
Seems the best thing to do now on this Forum is to be a lurking bystander and not contribute to any discussions !

pablo1
25-07-2011, 20:53

With all due respect Doreen, three long term respected members are being accused of something which by it's very notion is preposterous.
The two long term members doing the accusing are obviously trying to get a rise, and I genuinely would be interested in why that is. :-)

Jimandsi
25-07-2011, 20:53
i am at a bit of a loss as to what I thought was a straight question to J&S is considered flaming ??
Seems the best thing to do now on this Forum is to be a lurking bystander and not contribute to any discussions !

As long as you're not stalking, trolling, flaming and on topic you should be okay.

tonypub
25-07-2011, 21:00
Pathetic....

willowlily
25-07-2011, 21:08

this flamin plot thickens

pablo1
25-07-2011, 21:19
Pathetic....

You're quite correct Tony, and i'm disappointed in myself for getting involved with the thread as it is exactly the kind of thing that I wish to steer clear of.
However, when somebody like YG who has only ever done good for this forum is accused of being in a clique by a known troll, and is backed up by one of our supposedly upstanding members it's a bit hard to stomach.
I really want to see this forum move on and continue to do the great job that it has done for a long time.
Why should a handful of attention seeking members try and spoil that ?

Jimandsi
25-07-2011, 21:24
However, when somebody like YG who has only ever done good for this forum is accused of being in a clique by a known troll, and is backed up by one of our supposedly upstanding members it's a bit hard to stomach.

I'm curious Pablo - where was that said please ?

pablo1
25-07-2011, 21:32
I'm curious Pablo - where was that said please ?

My apologies Jimandsi, I seem to have gotten it the wrong way around.
I should have posted that a supposedly upstanding member is doing the accusing, and has been backed up by a known troll.

Jimandsi
25-07-2011, 21:35
My apologies Jimandsi, I seem to have gotten it the wrong way around.
I should have posted that a supposedly upstanding member is doing the accusing, and has been backed up by a known troll.

Apologies accepted Pablo, but you still haven't clarified where it was actually stated.

Or are you just making an assumption again (like you did in post #11) ?

doreen
25-07-2011, 21:35
Relax folks ... is all this serving any purpose at all ....

AJP
25-07-2011, 21:38

I,ve just logged back on and noticed this, very very sad, I think its hard to chill when certain people (who don,t even like Tenerife) get away with winding people up,it seems i,m not the only member to feel this way.................flaming.............how very dare you

tonypub
25-07-2011, 21:40
we all have an ignore option,use it folks:)

pablo1
25-07-2011, 21:42
Apologies accepted Pablo, but you still haven't clarified where it was actually stated.

Or are you just making an assumption again (like you did in post #11) ?

It was post number 8 that stated the fact about a clique, I took your thanks to that post as an acknowledgement that you agreed with it.
Again, if I have made a mistake I apologise, but it wasn't a blind assumption, it was made after reading the thread and it's content, and it was an honest appraisal of what I had seen.

Jimandsi
25-07-2011, 21:45
Here's post #8, I don't see any names mentioned, do you ?

Apologies accepted, once again :raspberry:

pablo1
25-07-2011, 21:55
Here's post #8, I don't see any names mentioned, do you ?

Apologies accepted, once again :raspberry:

In post 10 Zara alludes to the fact that the members who have posted previously were the ones that she considered in a clique.
I read that as Junglejim, AJP and YG. If you read it differently then fair enough.

Jimandsi
25-07-2011, 22:03
In post 10 Zara alludes to the fact that the members who have posted previously were the ones that she considered in a clique.
I read that as Junglejim, AJP and YG. If you read it differently then fair enough.

When people make accusations about others, I'd much rather see the facts as it helps to save any confusion or bitterness later.

However, my Glenmorangie is waiting - good night.

Harmonicaman
25-07-2011, 22:06
When people make accusations about others, I'd much rather see the facts as it helps to save any confusion or bitterness later.

However, my Glenmorangie is waiting - good night.

...no water Jimbo!

Carol55
25-07-2011, 22:08
This thread is as silly as two child arguing over whose turn is it to be pushed on a swing.:argue:

with cheese
25-07-2011, 22:14
This thread is as silly as two child arguing over whose turn is it to be pushed on a swing.:argue:

Can I push the swing?

Added after 2 minutes:

It's funny that you talk of members being above certain things as I agree with the sentiments. I mean, who on earth would be sad enough to set up a secret forum....[/QUOTE]

Secret Forum, where, can't be very secret if you know of it.

pablo1
25-07-2011, 22:29
I was blissfully unaware of any such thing until told about it yesterday by somebody who I have no reason to disbelieve.
This thread is indeed childish, and maybe I have played a part in that, but I stand by everything I have said.
Hope you're well Kev.

admin
25-07-2011, 22:33
I think the wrong end of the stick has been taken by people on this thread due to a misunderstanding regarding the mod protocol.

Some time ago I asked all mods to split off-topic posts from threads into seperate threads and put them here, in the dungeon. This helps in two ways :

1) it enables people to find their posts if they have struck off an off topic discussion and continue it without losing the continuity of the thread and

2) If there are posts that could possibly be held up for dispute in the future it enables us mods to be able to find them and find which thread they were in context with in order to fully understand the conversation in progress.

However, some threads have continued to be merged with the off topic thread, rather than split to their own threads. This makes the off topic thread confusing and incoherent, so I asked again tonight if a reported post could be split to its' OWN thread within the dungeon, rather than merged with off topic, which the mod duly did, however rather than giving it the title of the original thread, it was given a title based on why it was reported in the first place.

The post in question was reported by a member with the reason of 'flaming'.

Flaming is considered to be a post that as the intention or effect of causing ill-feeling or ill-will towards another member without contributing directly to the conversation or topic.

The person who reported the post had received a similar report on one of their posts earlier in the week, so I assume they wanted to make sure that the rule was applied to all occurrences and that they were not being singled out.

They can assured that the rules apply to everyone and the reported post was moved to this new thread as a result.

The mods are having to give out reminders and infractions for occurrences of flaming because there are some members that are finding it more and more acceptable, however it really is not on the forum.

There is no problem if you feel you want to make a contradictory point or remark in a thread or post, but if it is off topic and only designed to have a 'dig' or provoke another member, then it just creates ill-feeling, which we think there's been enough of on the forum.

Unfortunately the mistaken titling of this thread has also inadvertently caused some ill feeling, which should not have been so, so apologies on behalf of the mod team for any upset caused as a result of that. I have now retitled it to its correct title.

Thanks. :)

timmylish
26-07-2011, 01:02
This sort of thing seems to me to back up my assertion recently as to why the Forum is not what it used to be, hence the lack of regular posting by myself and looking closely, a large number of other well known registered members. I am not going to set chapter and verse as to the names of those members who, like myself, have become infrequent posters, that should not be necessary and is fairly obvious.

YOUNG GOLFER
26-07-2011, 01:04

You are surprised? now i find that very hard to believe Zara...

Added after 2 minutes:

This sort of thing seems to me to back up my assertion recently as to why the Forum is not what it used to be, hence the lack of regular posting by myself and looking closely, a large number of other well known registered members. I am not going to set chapter and verse as to the names of those members who, like myself, have become infrequent posters, that should not be necessary and is fairly obvious.

I am sorry you feel that way timmylish and i can understand why you think what you do....but lets please ALL remember ONE thing this forum is bigger than any one person or group...the forum will all ways come up on top.

admin
26-07-2011, 01:35
This sort of thing seems to me to back up my assertion recently as to why the Forum is not what it used to be, hence the lack of regular posting by myself and looking closely, a large number of other well known registered members. I am not going to set chapter and verse as to the names of those members who, like myself, have become infrequent posters, that should not be necessary and is fairly obvious.It's unfortunate that you feel this way, but would you really say the forum is not what it used to be?

I probably would, but maybe not in the same way as you mean... In the past, improvements could not be made, advertising could not be sold, the forum would go offline for days or weeks without anyone knowing why, including the moderators... I would say the forum was different, but not necessarily any better or worse.

We have been trying our best to bring back the old forum so that it is here for all to enjoy as it used to be, but it's a lot of work and will take time... unfortunately there are some members that seem to find it amusing to sign up using duplicate accounts with the sole intent to stir up trouble on the boards. This is commonly know as trolling, or flaming and due to the number of occurrences of late, we are being forced to actually issue decisive reminders and infractions in order to combat what can only be described as childish behaviour as far as grown adults are concerned.

The moderation team has not changed from the old forum. We do not go out of our way to moderate threads and posts, in fact we'd rather not have to. The work to restore the old forum is time consuming and demanding, so having to deal with the current increase in these issues is entirely counterproductive to the whole process. I only hope that any individuals that find it funny to disrupt the forum in such a negative way realise the fruitlessness of it all and try and get along and contribute in a more positive way so that we can get our work done and restore the forum and are not forced to stop and moderate posts and threads every five minutes.

We feel as upset about the whole situation as you do, timmylish. Please keep contributing. If you see anything you think we should be aware of, please report it. It's the only way we can eventually put a stop to the nastiness. :)

TOTO 99
26-07-2011, 07:45
Mods, keep it up. You're doing a great job. We get it wrong a lot more times than you do.
Timmy please keep posting otherwise it means the bad guys win.
AJP, I think you were conned matey and there for the grace of god go I. I hope you aren't put off posting by it.
I've never hit the report button myself but I now realise it can also be used against you if you're dealing with someone who is prepared to take that route.

timmylish
26-07-2011, 15:14
Admin. I,ll not waste space by copying your response! Please, please understand that I make no aspersions against the folk running the Forum in its current life! Its a generalisation which cannot be put adequately in words, which for me is unusual, to say the least. You,ll laugh but, its a feeling!? Its as though things are happening behind the scenes and therefor only a limited number of people know. Hence the suggestion made time and again, recently, as to there being "cliques" or the like. I try very hard to involve myself but regularly find myself not fully understanding what is being discussed on threads. Now I know but 4 members personally and asking three of them what they feel they concur, much to my astonishment at finding I was not alone. How I, or the Forum, sorts this out is beyond me for the time being. Can do no more than continue and see what happens. Anyway, again thanks for the response and the time taken.

AJP
27-07-2011, 00:04
Mods, keep it up. You're doing a great job. We get it wrong a lot more times than you do.
Timmy please keep posting otherwise it means the bad guys win.
AJP, I think you were conned matey and there for the grace of god go I. I hope you aren't put off posting by it.
I've never hit the report button myself but I now realise it can also be used against you if you're dealing with someone who is prepared to take that route.

Hey lets not get too down over this,my "How very dare you" quote had bits of catherine tate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lw_2NuS6i8 I,ve never let things that happen on here get me down.Real life offers more things to deal with especially when you have two kids under ten just starting their 6 week summer hols(although 3 of them will be over there with you lot.I think we have a lot to thank the new owners of this forum for,they,ve kept it going in a format that is almost the same as we had,without their imput we,d have had nothing,so lets be a little more understanding whilst its still in its infantsy.Also no one forces anyone to stay on a forum,theres no twisting of arms is there?.If you like it,stay.if not,don,t post any more,Ive never felt so self important enough to proclaim that this could be my last post on here I think if anyone decides to go just stop posting and people would get the message.By the way I had to google the word flaming to see what it was,.............you learn something new every day:confused:

Jimandsi
27-07-2011, 15:28
Also no one forces anyone to stay on a forum,theres no twisting of arms is there?.If you like it,stay.if not,don,t post any more,Ive never felt so self important enough to proclaim that this could be my last post on here I think if anyone decides to go just stop posting and people would get the message.By the way I had to google the word flaming to see what it was,.............you learn something new every day:confused:

Me too AJP ! ! !

I belong to several fora and had never heard of flaming or trolling until being accused of it on here just recently.

C'est la vie ;)

KirstyJay
27-07-2011, 16:19
Me too AJP ! ! !

I belong to several fora and had never heard of flaming or trolling until being accused of it on here just recently.

C'est la vie ;)Well now that you know what it is, you can make sure you don't get accused of it again. :)

Jimandsi
27-07-2011, 16:30
Well now that you know what it is, you can make sure you don't get accused of it again. :)

Too right KJ.

And I can also hit the report button when people attempt to flame me eh :)