PDA

View Full Version : Why was a website and email address omitted from my Private Message?

warmwind
25-07-2011, 22:39
I replied via pm to a poster earlier today as he/she asked for a gestor I gave them the gestor's email and website address but apparently when the poster replied to me the email and website had been removed from my private pm ?

I was only trying to give this person a recommendation..what have I done wrong ? and are my private emails now being read ?

TenerifeTeddy
25-07-2011, 22:45
Mods/Admins cannot read PMīs between members, as the name suggests, they are Private Messages. Are you sure you sent it by PM. If sent as a Guest message, other people looking at someones profile can read those, but again not edit them.

If you would like us to investigate further please provide further details by PM or submit a help ticket

admin
25-07-2011, 22:52
Mods/Admins cannot read PMīs between members, as the name suggests, they are Private Messages. Are you sure you sent it by PM. If sent as a Guest message, other people looking at someones profile can read those, but again not edit them.

If you would like us to investigate further please provide further details by PM or submit a help ticketI can only assume that the gestor's name or website address contained censored words in it. If you can report the PM we can confirm this. We cannot and do not read PMs. We only see the PMs that people report to us.

Please send a ticket via the helpdesk, or report the PM if you want to keep your PM private.

AL JAY
25-07-2011, 23:02
I replied via pm to a poster earlier today as he/she asked for a gestor I gave them the gestor's email and website address but apparently when the poster replied to me the email and website had been removed from my private pm ?

I was only trying to give this person a recommendation..what have I done wrong ? and are my private emails now being read ?

You can check your PMs (sent/received) by going into your own profile, If you check the one you sent it still should have the links!
On some other VBULL forums PMs can be read by mods but i don't know whether or not that is the case on here. PMs should mean "Private" there is no reason on earth why they should be read by anyone apart from the member they were intended for. It will be interesting to hear the outcome!

warmwind
25-07-2011, 23:02
Teddy bear,

No it was definitely sent as a private message. Its OK I know the moderators are busy. I have sent the poster my email address this time, hopefully your software likes my email address :)

I can only assume that the gestor's name or website address contained censored words in it. If you can report the PM we can confirm this. We cannot and do not read PMs. We only see the PMs that people report to us.

Please send a ticket via the helpdesk, or report the PM if you want to keep your PM private.

Admin - censored as in the persons email is censored , because I definately did not put in any rude words :)

Anyhow as has been said a pm cannot be read so its a software issue..

admin
25-07-2011, 23:41
Admin - censored as in the persons email is censored , because I definately did not put in any rude words :)

Anyhow as has been said a pm cannot be read so its a software issue..

If it was mentioning a certain ex-member of this forum, then the email address and website will be censored as a text string. I think you will understand my drift. :) The phrase in question was also censored on the old forum for quite some time and as an old member, you will understand the reasoning behind that.

This is the only explanation I can think of.

delderek
26-07-2011, 10:03
Just a comment, but now this forum has new owners, would it not be the time to stop censoring this name? It now seems a bit petty and unwarranted.

Zara
26-07-2011, 10:13
Just a comment, but now this forum has new owners, would it not be the time to stop censoring this name? It now seems a bit petty and unwarranted.

Especially as there does not seem to be any conflict between the new owner and the person on the other side. In fact relevant information to ensure people are aware of what is going on regarding important issues has been exchanged. While I appreciate Doreen has always indicated where the information has come from, it might be nice to give specific credit rather than blank out names.

TOTO 99
26-07-2011, 10:32
Is it Lord Voldemort?.....:witch:

Mawkin
26-07-2011, 10:37
I agree with the above two posters after all we are supposed to be grown ups not children in the playground. How long is this war of words going to carry on for even after a divorce the people still acknowledge each other. In the long term it might be beneficial for both forums to put things which happen in the past behind them.

Muppet
26-07-2011, 10:48
Is it Lord Voldemort?.....:witch:

You'd have thought so ..

SO so petty !!

warmwind
26-07-2011, 11:12
I find it sad and unfair that I cannot mention this persons name as she is very professional and trustworthy, she helped us out a great deal when moving out here and when we brought a house. I thought the point of this site amongst other things was sharing recommendations with people.

delderek
26-07-2011, 11:18
I find it sad and unfair that I cannot mention this persons name as she is very professional and trustworthy, she helped us out a great deal when moving out here and when we brought a house. I thought the point of this site amongst other things was sharing recommendations with people.

Agree 100%, and very very reasonable charges.

TOTO 99
26-07-2011, 11:29

Even more so seeing it was done via a PM.

bonitatime
26-07-2011, 11:33
I think there are probably things we don't know that went on as the admin team here have always seemed very professional to me. As it is their website we should abide by their rules.
Tenerife is a place where the most unimaginable things take place and therefore I feel we have to accept the admins position on this as it is their website and we actually agreed to do so when we agreed to the terms and conditipons.

pablo1
26-07-2011, 11:42
I think there are probably things we don't know that went on as the admin team here have always seemed very professional to me. As it is their website we should abide by their rules.
Tenerife is a place where the most unimaginable things take place and therefore I feel we have to accept the admins position on this as it is their website and we actually agreed to do so when we agreed to the terms and conditipons.

Agree completely.

TOTO 99
26-07-2011, 11:57

I agree that the mods should be given time to check this problem out but fairness they may never have known there was a problem if the OP hadn't pointed it out.
Not sure about Tenerife being a place where unimaginable things take place though.

redarrow
26-07-2011, 12:43
Not sure about Tenerife being a place where unimaginable things take place though.

Oh it is.:eyebrows:

TOTO 99
26-07-2011, 12:47
Oh it is.:eyebrows:

Well stop doing them..:lol:

AL JAY
26-07-2011, 13:14
Whilst i agree the Mods/Admin on here do an excellent job and are working very hard behind the scenes

I think to be fair to all existing members the statement We cannot read PMs Should read Super Admins could read PMs but don't just a thought!

TOTO 99
26-07-2011, 13:30
Whilst i agree the Mods/Admin on here do an excellent job and are working very hard behind the scenes

I think to be fair to all existing members the statement We cannot read PMs Should read Super Admins could read PMs but don't just a thought!

Looks like you're gonna have to draw some clothes on those photo's of yourself you keep PM'ing me...:whip:

AL JAY
26-07-2011, 13:31
Hahahaha!!! *Flexes*