PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Penny's Place Las Galletas, Tenerife?

Margaretta
26-07-2011, 11:33
Does anyone know what has happened to Penny whose cafe/restaurant was on the promenade at Las Galletas?
She created beautiful cakes and we enjoyed chatting to her over morning coffee.
At New year she had a bad accident with her right hand but was soldiering on when we saw her in May. But in late June she was gone and the cafe is now run by Canarians. We do hope that she is OK.

Zara
26-07-2011, 13:13
Is this the place in the road behind the Pink Parrot? The food always used to look good but not been down that way for a while.

dede
26-07-2011, 13:29
Hi Penny has closed down now as it wasnt doing enough to keep it open, but she is still making cakes.

Margaretta
26-07-2011, 13:32
No Zara, I don't think so. We used to sit outside facing the sea wall; it's about three cafes from the bench at the far end away from the harbour.
Do hope that Penny is OK.

Thanks Dede. We must have cross-posted! :crazy: So glad that she is OK. Cakes to die for....

doreen
26-07-2011, 14:15
Thanks Dede. We must have cross-posted! :crazy: So glad that she is OK. Cakes to die for....

Does she take orders - perhaps we could give her a plug here :)

primrose
26-07-2011, 14:30
Is this the place in the road behind the Pink Parrot? The food always used to look good but not been down that way for a while.

It used to be on the road behind the Pink Parrot, then they moved on to the sea front.

jas
26-07-2011, 21:09
lovely lady and cakes to die for

CIM
26-07-2011, 22:01
I went to her place twice and was overcharged by her twice. One of the times by an extortionate amount and the other time a 3.90€ breakfast ended up costing 5.90€... Not bothered about two Euros but the principle of advertising one price and charging another really annoyed me. Avoided her after that.

The Beachcomber Cafe next door to where her last premises were is British run and excellent. Very good breakfasts, Sunday roasts etc... and an excellent reputation as well as a good local following.
they have a Facebook page here: Beachcomber Cafe Tenerife (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beachcomber-cafe/143197265759242)

atlantico
26-07-2011, 22:11
Yep, I agree. the ONLY Brit bar I'll go in for a coffee ! Large, hot and from a 'proper' machine !

sleepy
26-07-2011, 22:46
Yep me too.Nice people nice coffee.