PDA

View Full Version : Employment and Support Allowance.

Harmonicaman
26-07-2011, 21:22
These are interesting figures from those tested so far. Beeb Link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14280849)
39% were deemed fit to work...
36% dropped out of the application process.
Only 7% were deemed unfit enough to do any work.
17% could do limited work given support and
1% have still to be tested.

Basically, 75% were falsely claiming. No wonder we're broke!:(

Jimandsi
26-07-2011, 21:23
Thank you Messrs BLiar, Brown and Darling - what a fine mess you got us into.

Harmonicaman
26-07-2011, 21:26
Thank you Messrs BLiar, Brown and Darling - what a fine mess you got us into.

Are they French Jim?:eyebrows:

Jimandsi
26-07-2011, 21:28
Don't think so HM, one of them is a Scot though.

Harmonicaman
26-07-2011, 21:31
Don't think so HM, one of them is a Scot though.

2 of them are...

Goforgold
26-07-2011, 21:32
These are interesting figures from those tested so far. Beeb Link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14280849)
39% were deemed fit to work...
36% dropped out of the application process.
Only 7% were deemed unfit enough to do any work.
17% could do limited work given support and
1% have still to be tested.

Basically, 75% were falsely claiming. No wonder we're broke!:(

Well I'd like to know what deems someone unfit to work.

There is man I know that cleans his car, works in his garden all day, without any problem getting up from weeding, paints his house, lays slabs. Why can't he work?

I know another man who gets on the bus, goes shopping with his wife, ok I admit he does lie in bed watching tv or videos for most of the day, but he did that in between working the taxis, before his hip op!! His wife told me BEFORE he had the op that he wouldn't be going back to work. They've just had £6,000 of insulation work done on their house - FREE!!! If this man can walk to the bus stop, get on a bus and do shopping, he can do some sort of work.

I know a woman who had 6 months off last year for stress and now has another 6 months off for a bad shoulder and back. Bad shoulder and back? She mucks out her 2 horses every day and I've never once seen her looking as if she's in pain. She was walking around with this heavy hosepipe wrapped around her shoulder last week ???

There are more.............. and these are the ones I know of, and in a very small village.

tonypub
26-07-2011, 21:35
if you can sit on a comp doin facebook all day well surely you can work on a computer somewhere

Goforgold
26-07-2011, 21:37
if you can sit on a comp doin facebook all day well surely you can work on a computer somewhere

Precisely!!!

Harmonicaman
26-07-2011, 21:38
Well I'd like to know what deems someone unfit to work.

There is man I know that cleans his car, works in his garden all day, without any problem getting up from weeding, paints his house, lays slabs. Why can't he work?

I know another man who gets on the bus, goes shopping with his wife, ok I admit he does lie in bed watching tv or videos for most of the day, but he did that in between working the taxis, before his hip op!! His wife told me BEFORE he had the op that he wouldn't be going back to work. They've just had £6,000 of insulation work done on their house - FREE!!! If this man can walk to the bus stop, get on a bus and do shopping, he can do some sort of work.

I know a woman who had 6 months off last year for stress and now has another 6 months off for a bad shoulder and back. Bad shoulder and back? She mucks out her 2 horses every day and I've never once seen her looking as if she's in pain. She was walking around with this heavy hosepipe wrapped around her shoulder last week ???

There are more.............. and these are the ones I know of, and in a very small village.

An anonymous 'phone call maybe?...It really pees me off seeing my taxes pay malingerers!:mad:

caroll72
26-07-2011, 21:42
There's more of them around than what i realised.
There was a couple on our complex who took several holidays a year, owned a business, but walked around on crutches when out in public.

Shameful. :ashamed:

LeFrunk
26-07-2011, 22:22
As you know Cam , i broke my back Aug 2yrs ago and was out of work for 9wks , i never put in for sick money of the government in that time but i was told at the weekend of a scrounging basket signing himself into the nut house for a while as his DLA is due for renewal , something seriously has to be done .

Muppet
27-07-2011, 09:46
Trouble is.......

The benefit system is there for those who genuinely need help, and thank God it is. But in order to be "signed off" work for any length of time you need to be signed off by a GP, so surely it is the medical system in which a solution could be found. Perhaps GPs should only be allowed to sign somebody off for, say 3 months, after which a second and preferably third, even forth opinion should be required before that period can be extended.

Those that are genuinely ill enough to not be able to work and need to remain on the "sick" ought not to be affected. Those who have worked out that simply getting a sick note from the GP will keep them out of needing to seek work in order to receive benefit will eventually be weeded out??

Just a thought