PDA

View Full Version : Golddiggers.... What are your views?

MaxineC
27-07-2011, 00:23
Having come from the 'land of gold-diggers', where women are more interested in the size of the house, bank balance, and car a man drives, over his looks & personality, or indeed his 'fame factor' (many of the Utd/City/TV stars lived in our village), I find these women no different to a glorified hooker....

Many of my friends fell into this trap, where they let their morals take 2nd place to what a man could really offer them in the terms of happiness - they believed that social/financial status put them above others, despite the fact the man himself made them miserable... ???

I never understood this thinking, and still don't, but thought I'd left it behind me. Sadly, another 'friend' has just gone and done this, and now feels she's above me due to her new status... Yet she thinks my lack of excitement/respect comes from jealousy, let alone moved in with him after 5 minutes!.... However, I know for certain if this guy was a binman, she wouldn't have given him a 2nd look!

Why are some women so obsessed with wealthy men, to the point they will drop all their previous standards, and pants, just to get ahead in life.... don't they realise we can see through it, or was I the stupid one for trying to carve my own path in life???

KirstyJay
27-07-2011, 01:02
I hope you're not referring to me as the 'friend'... I know the bloke is a drop in standards, but he's not wealthy or famous... notorious perhaps, but definitely not famous... :whistle: :D :run:

PS: Was in your old neck of the woods today... went to Silver Blades, then to my dad's in Sale for the afternoon. :)

caroletenerife
27-07-2011, 01:15
If only I could be a gold digger haha, I know I dont have the patience to put up with someone if they annoyed me or I didnt respect them. I have often wondered what the Peter Stringfellows and Hugh Heffners of this world really think of these girls. it must wrangle at some level to know they are PURELY there to get their hands on your dosh, and if you died tomorrow they would be like.....NEXT!!!

Andy0210
27-07-2011, 01:18
Having come from the 'land of gold-diggers', where women are more interested in the size of the house, bank balance, and car a man drives, over his looks & personality, or indeed his 'fame factor' (many of the Utd/City/TV stars lived in our village), I find these women no different to a glorified hooker....

Many of my friends fell into this trap, where they let their morals take 2nd place to what a man could really offer them in the terms of happiness - they believed that social/financial status put them above others, despite the fact the man himself made them miserable... ???

I never understood this thinking, and still don't, but thought I'd left it behind me. Sadly, another 'friend' has just gone and done this, and now feels she's above me due to her new status... Yet she thinks my lack of excitement/respect comes from jealousy, let alone moved in with him after 5 minutes!.... However, I know for certain if this guy was a binman, she wouldn't have given him a 2nd look!

Why are some women so obsessed with wealthy men, to the point they will drop all their previous standards, and pants, just to get ahead in life.... don't they realise we can see through it, or was I the stupid one for trying to carve my own path in life???

You have just shattered my illusions, i thought you had chosen me to move you for all the reasons above, now i know i was just A N Other Van Man! Sigh!

junglejim
27-07-2011, 06:23
Reminds me of the Irish Lisdoonvarna Festival for looking for a mate and the question most often asked -" Has he got Land ?"

http://www.tourclare.com/lisdoonvarna.html

and the Classic Christy Moore song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRYW55rFC24

Me I was caught for my wit and repartie - I was well poor when I met my wife 44 years ago - she´s still with me , I´m still poor but she´s not !!:(

starling
27-07-2011, 06:33
You have just shattered my illusions, i thought you had chosen me to move you for all the reasons above, now i know i was just A N Other Van Man! Sigh!

............At least you're not a bin man Andy :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Goforgold
27-07-2011, 08:17

I chose my friends as carefully as I chose my men, to me they are as important - but I know exactly the type of women you mean Maxine. They are not interested in the man only his wallet, but then, the man (like most men, :) ) will only be interested in the bod and soon get bored!!!

I've never chosen a man for his money, believing that if you want money go and make it yourself, they've had to!!!

It's not to say that I wouldn't like a small 'pad' for some winter sun, now and again. :)

TOTO 99
27-07-2011, 08:42
These guys know exactly what they're getting into. Let's face it, if you look like Churchill and you're going out with Pamela Anderson then it doesn't take much working out does it? It's all very "fake" and neither can trust the other but if both parties are ok with that then I don't have a problem with it. I personally wouldn't want to live like that. Anyway Max, she's right, you are jealous..:lol:.....And Gofogold, " as carefully as I chose my men"..I have to ask, how many have you got? ;)

cheery
27-07-2011, 09:00
I have always had the same thought MaxineC. I used to cover that area in my previous career until recently and it used to make me laugh at the obvious link between 'odd couples'. Also the fur coat and no knickers brigade who have to have the latest this or that be it stiletoes or cars whilst there was no food in the cupboards. All in the name of keeping up with the Jones'.

I can remember one particular instance driving away from Mottram Hall (as a rep not a member) and saw a preened and plucked beautiful 20-30 year old sat next to a walnut driving a Porsche up the drive. I had exactly the same thought about hookers, it's just the price which is different and length time the arrangement is over.

MaxineC
27-07-2011, 09:01
I hope you're not referring to me as the 'friend'... I know the bloke is a drop in standards, but he's not wealthy or famous... notorious perhaps, but definitely not famous... :whistle: :D :run:

PS: Was in your old neck of the woods today... went to Silver Blades, then to my dad's in Sale for the afternoon. :)

Hahaha, the bloke will kill you when he sees that.... :eyebrows:

How was my old stomping ground? Oh, and did you get my shopping list? :D

Added after 2 minutes:

I have always had the same thought MaxineC. I used to cover that area in my previous career until recently and it used to make me laugh at the obvious link between 'odd couples'. Also the fur coat and no knickers brigade who have to have the latest this or that be it stiletoes or cars whilst there was no food in the cupboards. All in the name of keeping up with the Jones'.

I can remember one particular instance driving away from Mottram Hall (as a rep not a member) and saw a preened and plucked beautiful 20-30 year old sat next to a walnut driving a Porsche up the drive. I had exactly the same thought about hookers, it's just the price which is different and length time the arrangement is over.

Hahaha, that made me chortle.... must remember it! :D

Incidentally, I used to be a member of Mottram, but I paid for it myself.... ;)

Malteser Monkey
27-07-2011, 10:45
I chose my friends as carefully as I chose my men, to me they are as important - but I know exactly the type of women you mean Maxine. They are not interested in the man only his wallet, but then, the man (like most men, :) ) will only be interested in the bod and soon get bored!!!

I've never chosen a man for his money, believing that if you want money go and make it yourself, they've had to!!!

It's not to say that I wouldn't like a small 'pad' for some winter sun, now and again. :)

Blimey so how many you got on the go at the mo then GFG ??

I'm with you lot got my man for all the right reasons !!

Goforgold
27-07-2011, 10:47
Blimey so how many you got on the go at the mo then GFG ??

I'm with you lot got my man for all the right reasons !!

He's like mine, big in the Trossocks?? ;)

Malteser Monkey
27-07-2011, 10:52
He's like mine, big in the Trossocks?? ;)

Nowt to do with his feet hun !!!:lol::lol:

warbey
27-07-2011, 20:46
I grew up on a Road mostly occupied by Landed Gentry, with the Odd newbie Millionaire thrown in.
I used to help in a Garden and learnt some of Their ways.
They would use You and had aq brilliant knack of "putting You in Your place."
Any Woman Who submits Herself to that, has very little self respect or pride.
To be a rich Man's plaything has another price. Ten Years and another Later Model.
Cost, very little. He also has a good Lawyer.

KirstyJay
27-07-2011, 21:01
did you get my shopping list? :DNooooo.....? ???

MaxineC
27-07-2011, 21:12
Nooooo.....? ???

Oh no.... check you skype messages, sent it there too! :(

lozzie1821
27-07-2011, 22:05
funny this post has come up and ill be as honest as i always am......

i guess this is totally me....... and after everything ive put up with im not bothered.

im 23 and well ive had my fair share of a***Holes even at such a young age, I used to ignore my dad when he said i could do better coz it only mattered that i was having fun with said bloke and money wasnt the answer to everything... strangely enough my dad has been right and they were all complete tossers/loosers..where never going anywhere Or able to pay for a months rent let alone a meal out...
being an only child my dad has given me EVERYTHING, yes you might think spoilt lil rich kid and to a certain extent your right BUT im not brat...
Ive recently realised i should have listened to my dad from day 1 and stuck to blokes who keep me to the life ive become accustomed too...
the life i want for my 2 kids.... Providing its the life i give them, im no sponger. I like to work, i like having my own money but its nice to know the partner is "sorted"

MaxineC
27-07-2011, 23:14
You're not the only one who comes from a 'money' family Lozzie, but to put a man's financial status before anything else still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, no matter how it's glossed over...

In schools now is there a new career option for girls - Marry a rich/famous bloke, then divorce him for half his wealth, or sell your story to the highest bidder ???

Give me love over money any day... I'm more than capable of making my own money, I don't need to drop my standards or behave like a hooker to get it!

Medman
27-07-2011, 23:19
Nowt to do with his feet hun !!!:lol::lol:

You know what they say about a man with big feet ...................... big shoes ! :D

slodgedad
27-07-2011, 23:21
You know what they say about a man with big feet ...................... big shoes ! :D

And usually a big head.....Cos he knows what they're thinking..:yum::male:

Medman
27-07-2011, 23:28

There's no answer to that one SD :confused:

atlantico
28-07-2011, 09:59
and from the rich man's prospective, . . . . . . . how do we 'weed out' them Gold Diggers ??

It's very difficult for us too, you know !

Zara
28-07-2011, 10:02
and from the rich man's prospective, . . . . . . . how do we 'weed out' them Gold Diggers ??

If you are ugly and they are pretty or
If you are old and they are young or
If they have no opinions of their own other than to agree with you and grin

- then that is probably your answer.:fpull:

atlantico
28-07-2011, 10:07
Damn ! . . . . . No 3 has sneaked past me !

Do you recommend 'getting rid' of her ?

howard thornton
28-07-2011, 10:09
If you are ugly and they are pretty or
If you are old and they are young or
If they have no opinions of their own other than to agree with you and grin

- then that is probably your answer.:fpull: morning mum,i agree with that.:bowdown:

lozzie1821
28-07-2011, 10:33
You're not the only one who comes from a 'money' family Lozzie, but to put a man's financial status before anything else still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, no matter how it's glossed over...

In schools now is there a new career option for girls - Marry a rich/famous bloke, then divorce him for half his wealth, or sell your story to the highest bidder ???

Give me love over money any day... I'm more than capable of making my own money, I don't need to drop my standards or behave like a hooker to get it!

One thing ive never done is behave like a hooker and if anything ive highered my standards rather than dropped them...

I do get what your saying and yeah i agree in this day an age girls at school could be shown alot more "woman power!" rather than leave school, meet an aspiring athlete and become his wag and just bear the children to know your safe.... I dont want that for my daughter... I want her to believe in herself like i DID as a kid...
I feel for the parents of the grils who sell their stories, the shame it must bring to them and the gossip they must have to endure...

I still believe money doesnt buy happiness BUT it helps.....

Malteser Monkey
28-07-2011, 10:34
I don't need to drop my standards or behave like a hooker to get it!

Drop what Max ???:bootyshake::D

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

doreen
28-07-2011, 11:19
And what about "Cougars" ... and the young men they go out with :)

TOTO 99
28-07-2011, 11:36
And what about "Cougars" ... and the young men they go out with :)

Is this a confession Doreen? :)

doreen
28-07-2011, 11:53
Is this a confession Doreen? :)

Oh, that I should be like Demi Moore :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1226227/Demi-Moore-sparks-cougar-boom-40s-say-theyre-looking-toyboy.html

ddoyle
28-07-2011, 14:43
I have to say I think Ashton Kutcher is the lucky one there.

Goforgold
28-07-2011, 17:42

When they offer to pay for themselves!! :)

Added after 2 minutes:

Was this a clean post Slodge - it looks a bit dodgy to me!!! (;)

Faraway
28-07-2011, 17:52
It's the same the other way around tho' as well. A lot of men just want a Page 3 type on their arm, blond, big boobs, long legs etc. They're not interested in whether she has a brain so long as she boosts their ego. Then when a better/younger model comes along they get ditched! Lawyers/bankers are particularly noted for this as most of them have a jet set lifestyle and expense accounts and part of that has to be the girl on the arm - showing off to his mates, one-upmanship etc. It's disgusting but I guess that each of them knows the score and that's why it happens. It's all so false, but then so is a lot of stuff these days. Bring back the 60's - we had proper values then....

pablo1
28-07-2011, 19:01
Bring back the 60's - we had proper values then....

Sex, drugs and Rock & Roll....
I like the way you think ! :-)

warbey
28-07-2011, 19:47
It's the same the other way around tho' as well. A lot of men just want a Page 3 type on their arm, blond, big boobs, long legs etc. They're not interested in whether she has a brain so long as she boosts their ego. Then when a better/younger model comes along they get ditched! Lawyers/bankers are particularly noted for this as most of them have a jet set lifestyle and expense accounts and part of that has to be the girl on the arm - showing off to his mates, one-upmanship etc. It's disgusting but I guess that each of them knows the score and that's why it happens. It's all so false, but then so is a lot of stuff these days. Bring back the 60's - we had proper values then....

Thats why the Banks Borrowed OUR Money.

Too steriotyped there Methinks.
I prefer Dark Hair 36/38 bb and a Brain..
Glad I'm not a greedy Banker......

Sundowner
28-07-2011, 20:02
Golddiggers the bane of my life! But I have got it sorted :) I now go around looking Fat, Old, Ugly, Poor and carrying a copy of The Sun..................it works most of the time :)

TOTO 99
28-07-2011, 20:09
Forget P20....."Fit Girl Repellant"...its been working for me for the last 20 years..:)..and it's free.

warbey
28-07-2011, 20:34
Golddiggers the bane of my life! But I have got it sorted :) I now go around looking Fat, Old, Ugly, Poor and carrying a copy of The Sun..................it works most of the time :)

I keep getting mistaken for You...

Malteser Monkey
29-07-2011, 10:46
I keep getting mistaken for You...

I didn't notice The Sun last time I passed you:respect::raspberry::cheeky::cheeky:

warbey
01-08-2011, 20:14
I didn't notice The Sun last time I passed you:respect::raspberry::cheeky::cheeky:

You still -passed Me though.?

Maybe El Diario that Day.... Confuses the lookie Men as well as a few others.....

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 20:17
You still -passed Me though.?

Maybe El Diario that Day.... Confuses the lookie Men as well as a few others.....

Come on Warbey, you were only carrying it so people thought you were bi-lingual ... ;)

warbey
08-08-2011, 21:21
Come on Warbey, you were only carrying it so people thought you were bi-lingual ... ;)

As well.....?