PDA

View Full Version : Why do I get redirected to a site I don't want on Google search?

Bobe the Book
27-07-2011, 10:10
Has anyone experinced when doing a Google search you get re-directed to another site that you don't want. And then you have to go back to Google search and type in the address of the site you want to get to it. Any help here would be appreated or a email address for Google help.

MrsTT
27-07-2011, 11:53
The link you may be looking for is http://www.google.com/support/

timmylish
27-07-2011, 12:34
Have you checked to make sure that you,ve not picked up a bug?

Bobby
27-07-2011, 12:46
I am getting this. I have two tabs at the top of the page. When I click on and close the foreign page the Tenerife page comes up.

TIS
27-07-2011, 14:05
I am getting this. I have two tabs at the top of the page. When I click on and close the foreign page the Tenerife page comes up.

If you state the bogus url your are directed to it would help others know if they have the same, os it is a hgeneral issue or specific to your machine..

TOTO 99
27-07-2011, 15:16
Try Majorgeeks.com or Geekstogo.com. Both have info you can search regarding the Google re-direct virus.

atlantico
27-07-2011, 20:35
yep, its a virus/malware/adware.

try ccleaner, malwarebytes, Advanced System Care, Spybot, Hitman Pro, etc

slodgedad
27-07-2011, 20:41
yep, its a virus/malware/adware.

try ccleaner, malwarebytes, Advanced System Care, Spybot, Hitman Pro, etc

Totally agree. 'Cos of the amount of time I spend on line I use CC Cleaner twice a day. Clears out over 80 mb each time.

Great tool

Bobe the Book
28-07-2011, 13:38
Thanks everyone for your comments and help.

Added after 17 minutes:

Sometimes I also get www.co.uk in the address box when I click on link I want.

Bobby
28-07-2011, 15:03
If you state the bogus url your are directed to it would help others know if they have the same, os it is a hgeneral issue or specific to your machine..

No good asking me this as I have'nt a clue what you are talking about. I know that two choices appear at the top of my page and when I close one Tenerife Forum appears. I was only trying to be helpful!!!!