PDA

View Full Version : Why do I not get taken to the last post?

jolfc
27-07-2011, 14:53
I may have not seen the thread on this if there is one so if there is I apologise. When I click on the icon at the end of the last posters name on a thread it always takes me to the first posting on the last page can anyone tell me if it is my settings on the forum or does this happen to everyone, :confused::confused:, many thanks for any help. :spin:

Chris P. Bacon
27-07-2011, 15:16
It happens to me too :(

KirstyJay
27-07-2011, 15:59
What browser are you using? It does not happen to me and I have been using chrome this week.

jolfc
27-07-2011, 16:03
What browser are you using? It does not happen to me and I have been using chrome this week.

i think ie google toolbar, not really sure i am not that good with computers, how would i find out? :confused::ashamed::D

cainaries
27-07-2011, 16:08
And when I click on 'first unread' I go sailing off into the blue unknown, usually several posts beyond the ones I've read. Just a comment, not a grumble, just happy to have this Forum to read!

KirstyJay
27-07-2011, 16:14
i think ie google toolbar, not really sure i am not that good with computers, how would i find out? :confused::ashamed::DWhat icon do you click on to open the internet? is it a blue 'e'? Is it a red and blue circle, an 'O', or a red green and yellow circle with a blue dot in the middle?

If it's none of those, do you use an apple mac?

And when I click on 'first unread' I go sailing off into the blue unknown, usually several posts beyond the ones I've read. Just a comment, not a grumble, just happy to have this Forum to read!

Again... I don't have this problem. What browser are you using? If we find a common factor with these problems, at least we know where to start looking, otherwise we can't fix it, because we have no information. :)

AL JAY
27-07-2011, 16:17
I use Firefox and its fine with this site.

KirstyJay
27-07-2011, 16:20
Ok... well if there are more Firefox users that also say it's ok, we can rule that one out :) Also... any other chrome users would help with feedback :)

Chris P. Bacon
27-07-2011, 16:29
I use IE9...

junglejim
27-07-2011, 18:01
Ok... well if there are more Firefox users that also say it's ok, we can rule that one out :) Also... any other chrome users would help with feedback :)

It was doing it with me on Firefox - but not now ? Thanks!

gary d
27-07-2011, 18:09
fine on chrome for me

Goforgold
27-07-2011, 18:13
I use Firefox and its fine with this site.

I'm Firefox too and no problems :)

cainaries
27-07-2011, 18:15
If I said Safari would this mean anything?!?

KirstyJay
27-07-2011, 18:16
It was doing it with me on Firefox - but not now ? Thanks!Strange... because as far as I know, nothing has been changed... unless Pooh has done something? ???

If I said Safari would this mean anything?!?Yep. Thanks :)

MaxineC
27-07-2011, 19:24
I use Safari too and it's working fine for me... ???

cainaries
27-07-2011, 19:29
I use Safari too and it's working fine for me... ???
I expect it's the operator at this end, Max! Too many barraquitos making the fingers tremble. It's only annoying when the threads are very long.

jolfc
27-07-2011, 19:31
i just clicked to see maxines last posting and ended up at the top of page at garyd, strange, i think i have ie it is an e with a gold looking band round it, not to worry if it is not a known problem, thank you anyway.

TOTO 99
27-07-2011, 19:39
i just clicked to see maxines last posting and ended up at the top of page at garyd, strange, i think i have ie it is an e with a gold looking band round it, not to worry if it is not a known problem, thank you anyway.

It is a problem with IE which only takes you to the top of the last page. It's fine on Chrome though.

MaxineC
27-07-2011, 20:02
I expect it's the operator at this end, Max! Too many barraquitos making the fingers tremble. It's only annoying when the threads are very long.

Sounds about right.... :whistle: :D

That's my 'other' profile... :D

jolfc
28-07-2011, 09:55
so should i not be using ie and use this chrome thingy people are talking about, :dontknow::)

KirstyJay
28-07-2011, 12:59
It's your choice, however IE is generally considered the worst of all the browsers. It tends to be slower and the security is not as good.

jolfc
28-07-2011, 15:03
It's your choice, however IE is generally considered the worst of all the browsers. It tends to be slower and the security is not as good.

the word security flashes out at me there, closely followed by worst, how do i get chrome please. sorry for being a thicko, :o:D

TOTO 99
28-07-2011, 15:30
the word security flashes out at me there, closely followed by worst, how do i get chrome please. sorry for being a thicko, :o:D

You can do it from the Google website. It takes a bit of getting used to from IE but you'll see a difference. Tip: untick the box that asks if you want the google toolbar when it asks you.

http://www.google.com/chrome/?installdataindex=nosearch&hl=en-GB&brand=CHMA&utm_campaign=en-GB&utm_source=en-GB-ha-emea-uk-bk&utm_medium=ha

cainaries
28-07-2011, 23:12

As another thicko have to confess I didn't get on with chrome at all.

slodgedad
28-07-2011, 23:17
As another thicko have to confess I didn't get on with chrome at all.

Why not try Firefox?

I've used 'em all and gone back to Mozilla Firefox every time.

So easy to use, compatible, great screens, fab add ons...Simply the best.

Whenever I use another computer, however well set up, everything pales next to my Fox..

cainaries
28-07-2011, 23:20
Why not try Firefox?

I've used 'em all and gone back to Mozilla Firefox every time.

So easy to use, compatible, great screens, fab add ons...Simply the best.

Whenever I use another computer, however well set up, everything pales next to my Fox..
Nope, tried that and didn't like it either. But the technical police (my friend S) did all sorts of clever things on here and installed Safari which is just great. As for not going to the last read etc., honestly doesn't bother me at all. Except on the illegal lettings thread because you really need to keep up to speed on that one.

admin
28-07-2011, 23:23
safari is a good browser... and all the better now it's available for pc too. Stick with it if you like it :)

admin
29-07-2011, 03:23
Has it changed now? I found a setting on the old forum that was different, so I've changed it on here. Let me know if it's made a difference. :)

jolfc
29-07-2011, 03:30
Has it changed now? I found a setting on the old forum that was different, so I've changed it on here. Let me know if it's made a difference. :)

no still does not take me to last post, but not to worry as cainaries says not a huge problem just a bit of a pain if the thread has long postings , but thank you for trying to find a soloution, :):)

dede
29-07-2011, 07:39

No i use IE aswell and it is still the same for me, i dont want to change my settings so am i just going to have to put up with it????

Chris P. Bacon
29-07-2011, 08:25
No, it's still the same for me. However it was not always like this so can't see it's IE to blame....

admin
29-07-2011, 09:05
No, it's still the same for me. However it was not always like this so can't see it's IE to blame....

It's also a completely different version of vbulletin... Far more up to date... from the old forum and each version needs to be tested with all browsers, so it could be the browser, it could be a conflict with os, it could be anything, hence the need for more information. Without such, it's not really useful to speculate. :)

First, we're trying to establish the common factors, then we can narrow it down.

A question, since I changed the setting, have you cleared your cache? If not, there may still be chance that it could have made the difference, because you may be looking at a cached version of the site. In effect, it may even take a day or two to work for everyone, so I would appreciate reports from anyone that pops on this thread in order to get a good cross-section of replies.

If you could post your browser and operating system too if you have that info it'd be helpful.

Ta. :)

jolfc
29-07-2011, 11:00
It's also a completely different version of vbulletin... Far more up to date... from the old forum and each version needs to be tested with all browsers, so it could be the browser, it could be a conflict with os, it could be anything, hence the need for more information. Without such, it's not really useful to speculate. :)

First, we're trying to establish the common factors, then we can narrow it down.

A question, since I changed the setting, have you cleared your cache? If not, there may still be chance that it could have made the difference, because you may be looking at a cached version of the site. In effect, it may even take a day or two to work for everyone, so I would appreciate reports from anyone that pops on this thread in order to get a good cross-section of replies.

If you could post your browser and operating system too if you have that info it'd be helpful.

Ta. :)

ie 8, windows vista and i think i cleared the cache, is that when you go into tools and delete history etc, :confused::) as i said i am a right thicko with technology, :o

if it is it still is taking me to top of page not last post. i have also noticed that when i post something it also takes me to the top of the page when i submit it and not my posting, ah well not to worry.

TOTO 99
29-07-2011, 11:45
ie 8, windows vista and i think i cleared the cache, is that when you go into tools and delete history etc, :confused::) as i said i am a right thicko with technology, :o

if it is it still is taking me to top of page not last post. i have also noticed that when i post something it also takes me to the top of the page when i submit it and not my posting, ah well not to worry.

It's going to be a problem caused by your avatar. If you change it to a Man Utd one you'll have no more problems..:)

jolfc
29-07-2011, 11:56
It's going to be a problem caused by your avatar. If you change it to a Man Utd one you'll have no more problems..:)

Never in this lifetime, :raspberry2::raspberry2::raspberry2::spin::cheeky:

MaxineC
29-07-2011, 13:06

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

admin
29-07-2011, 13:08
Ok. Not to worry. I'll keep looking. Let me know if anything changes all of a sudden :)

jolfc
29-07-2011, 16:11
Ok. Not to worry. I'll keep looking. Let me know if anything changes all of a sudden :)

will do, thank you for the help you have tried already.

MaxineC
30-07-2011, 17:29
I'm on OSX 10.6.... but guessing you knew that! :raspberry2: :D

dede
02-08-2011, 22:16
Still not being taken to the last post:hide:

dede
04-08-2011, 09:20
A message to Admin... still no result with the last post but now since the upgrade there are loads of problems, the worst one is im falling asleep between posts as its that slow.........

Zara
04-08-2011, 10:25
A message to Admin... still no result with the last post but now since the upgrade there are loads of problems, the worst one is im falling asleep between posts as its that slow.........

Canīt blame the forum for that it's an age thing :whistle:

Here's the last post beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLlrWIQGTVA

dede
04-08-2011, 10:28
Canīt blame the forum for that it's an age thing :whistle:

Here's the last post beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLlrWIQGTVA

Hilarious :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing: