PDA

View Full Version : Do you need a passport to fly to Gran Canaria from Tenerife?

chrissy56
27-07-2011, 16:12
Hi, does anyone know if you need your passport to go to Gran Canaria, or can you use photo id, ie driver's license??

KirstyJay
27-07-2011, 16:22
You will need your passport unless you are a Spanish resident and have your DNI as far as I am aware. You 'should' be able to use the old residencia cards too, if you have one, but friends of mine have not been allowed on internal flights with this in the past, so I wouldn't chance it.

bonitatime
27-07-2011, 16:36
If you are British and have no ID card you need your passport. In the old days you could travel with your residencia but as far as I know now noone has one. You also need your green paper if you have taken the residents discount.

You beat me to it Kirsty.

ali marshall
27-07-2011, 17:16
If you are a resident you must have your residence paper to prove your a resident(this is if you have received the resident discount on your flight) and you need a valid passport.I have been to 2 of the islands in last few months and my sons passports had expired and the travel agent told me they must have a passport to fly.

Muppet
27-07-2011, 17:53
You are in Spain, so legally must carry your passport with you at all times as it is the only proper form of identification you (we) Brits have. If your passport has expired then you are an illegal immigrant Residencia/NIE or not. You would certainly need an emergency travel document from the consulate to get back into the UK to renew your passport, so any travel as such would not be possible.

chrissy56
28-07-2011, 09:11
Thanks everyone, passport only has a month left, so will renew it right away.