PDA

View Full Version : My holiday to Tenerife so far... (half way through)

superscouse
27-07-2011, 16:46
Fourth year running, love the place and know what to expect and where to go.

Now the sun has come out, its really lovely.

Had some highlights and some lowlights, this is the story so far.

Banjaxed my neck throwing an 8 year old around in the pool. Probably a trapped nerve, went to chemist in Los Cris. Charged €18 for something marked homeopathic. Think I was ripped off, like smarties.

Queueing at an ATM when a blond in a shocking pink dress ran up to the guy using it. "Did you just use the machine down there?" Yep says he, but card didnt work and no money. She pulled out a small wad and gave it to him, it dispensed after he walked off and she chased him !!! What the???

Shoulder killing me so off to Doctor Whittaker in Arona Grand. Lovely lady, polite and reasonable, €30 consultation and €7 for prescription. Pleasant surprise !

Met up with another lady who had a bad experience down the waterfront at Los Cris. Place near the square with chickens roasting on a rotiserrie (spelling!?!). Guy actually came out and called her kids wild brats and having no manners. She left - and so did some other tourists in disgust, who were sitting next to her. I havent gone down there yet !

Rumours restaurant, as usual, lovely food, my wife needing gluten free is completely happy there. Food reasonable and good quality.

On the look out for somewhere nice for Saturday night, our anniversary, so something above average. Any ideas anyone?

Our friends arrived in to Bungalows Atlantique, with their three kids. No two bed apartment available, what a disaster that place was. First thing next morning rang the travel agent in Dublin and they were moved to a 2 bed apartment. I took photos of the original one. TV casing broken (1/2 inch gap in it), coin operated-which didnt work, more steps than the eiffel tower, not great for two buggies. Pile of vomit on the ground outside their apt. Wow. Its sorted now though. Must stick the photos on tripadvisor shortly.

Friend needed a micro sdcard for her phone. Brand new phone but they forgot to put the memory card into it DOH!. She asked me to have a look as it was full with only nine shots.

I went into the electrical shop in the Arona Grand and the lady wanted €45 for one. I laughed and walked away. Holeymoley is all I can say.

Will check out the other stores later. Until then I will try and upload from her phone to my laptop every day and email them back to the UK.

Hey Hey, lets see what happens next.

Anyone recommend a nice physio near paloma beach. Dont mind paying within reason, but this shoulder is dead and its weak all down my arm.

YOUNG GOLFER
27-07-2011, 16:58
Nice thing the lady did in the pink dress.................

Margaretta
27-07-2011, 17:33
Well Superscouse, everything seems to happen around you!!! There was once a song called: "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah, Here I am in Camp Granada......" It seems to apply...
Have fun on your holiday!!!

MaxineC
27-07-2011, 17:37
Well Superscouse, everything seems to happen around you!!! There was once a song called: "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah, Here I am in Camp Granada......" It seems to apply...
Have fun on your holiday!!!

Haha, I remember that song from when I was a kid... used to love it! :D

Margaretta
27-07-2011, 18:42
Think it was Alan Sherman?? Hope someone adds it here!;)

Looking forward to your next installment!!:):)

Suggestion for an excellent meal: Los Abrigos (romantic restaurants) or the Tapas Bar (Fantastic big meals not just tapas) in San Blas.

TOTO 99
27-07-2011, 18:50
Here is in 1963. This song was recorded live at Maxine's 21st.....:run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Hx_X84LC0

captain jack sparrow
27-07-2011, 19:09
Superscouse, i've done my neck and back quite a few times now, The best way to sort it is massage, Ask the good lady to gently rub it over the area it hurts with vasaline, Getting more and more deeper in to the neck muscle, None of this violent twisting from side to side, You do need quite strong hands to do it, My 9 year old daughter is fab at it, Though it does cost me a lot in favours and sweets. :lol:

slodgedad
27-07-2011, 19:26
Anyone recommend a nice physio near paloma beach. Dont mind paying within reason, but this shoulder is dead and its weak all down my arm.

My wife, a stroke victim, used Tommy and Magdalena in Los Abrigos. They do house calls. Absolute geniuses.

Call Tommy on 922 749077 and tell him Eliot recommended him.

TenerifeFanatic
27-07-2011, 19:34
Looking forward to your next update. Hope it is all good for you!!:lol:

Margaretta
28-07-2011, 00:14
Well done to Toto! It was great to hear that again! I also loved 'The Vatican Rag'. He was a very funny man.

stocktonmackem
28-07-2011, 09:57
The hotel Mar y sol have a physio and massage clinic. not sure of the prices but its a disabled hotel and therefore i would think they know what they are doing. It just up the bank towards el mirador, turn left at the roundabout and it hotel past Reveron apartments.

obs
04-02-2012, 00:11
:spin: :dontknow::spin::cry: I give up !!!!!!!!!!!!

AL JAY
04-02-2012, 00:20
:whistle: ..........post edited because the spammer's post has been removed,