PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic Frydays Fish and Chip Restaurant/Takeaway

TOTO 99
26-07-2011, 16:56
Sorry but you seem to be the only one,as yet, that has a good opinion of it, 3 freinds of mine have been and they said, they had no haddock, but cod was just ok, chips very greasy, batter greasy, why do these people think they can learn ' on the job ' think i will give it a miss...tar.

Welcome to the forum Basil..Not the most polite first post I've ever seen to be honest. You've used your introduction to slate a new business that you haven't even tried yourself..Not helping anyone with that one........Bum Bum

marbro8
26-07-2011, 20:08
Welcome to the forum Basil..Not the most polite first post I've ever seen to be honest. You've used your introduction to slate a new business that you haven't even tried yourself..Not helping anyone with that one........Bum Bumno one would take a talking fox seriously anyway:eyebrows:

Medman
27-07-2011, 23:58
no one would take a talking fox seriously anyway:eyebrows:

Don't think he's a real fox .............. :D

AL JAY
28-07-2011, 00:01
Don't think he's a real fox .............. :D

Thats not fur..... :fpull::whistle::woo:

Medman
28-07-2011, 00:08
Thats not fur..... :fpull::whistle::woo:

Think it's an old wife's tail ;)

Ed3229
28-07-2011, 18:12
I will give them a try in September when over...........Ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh don't tell Scampies...:hide:

fonica
01-08-2011, 22:44
i took a friend for dinner here recently and was not impressed, after reading the good and bad posts i thought i would give it a try. It has to be the worst fish and chip shop i have ever been to. the food took forever to come the service was disgusting and the price was well over the top i will never use this chip shop again. off to try scampis this week so hope its better than this one.

It will be,went to Scampi s last week and had cod and chips,now 5.99 just as good as ever but lots cheaper.

carpdaught1
02-08-2011, 02:24
It will be,went to Scampi s last week and had cod and chips,now 5.99 just as good as ever but lots cheaper.

where's scampies

TOTO 99
02-08-2011, 07:13
Why am I always suspiscious of poster's who come on just to slate Fryday's and then finish their post by mentioning Scampi's? Is it just me?

delderek
02-08-2011, 08:31
Why am I always suspiscious of poster's who come on just to slate Fryday's and then finish their post by mentioning Scampi's? Is it just me?

Me too, also strange how Scampis prices are now reduced,,isn't competition wonderful?

junglejim
02-08-2011, 08:59

Yes- I think there's something Fishy going on - or something going on the Fishy ? ...

fonica
02-08-2011, 10:16
Yes- I think there's something Fishy going on - or something going on the Fishy ? ...

Sorry Junglejim,I've never been to Frydays.I was just adding a comment on to another post about them,by saying that I'd been to Scampies and had a good meal. Should have made it clear that I had no connection to the other poster.

admin
02-08-2011, 10:36
Why am I always suspiscious of poster's who come on just to slate Fryday's and then finish their post by mentioning Scampi's? Is it just me?If you have a concern, report the post and the moderators will investigate, however this is off topic is a review thread, and bad reviews are welcome as much as good ones in the interests of an unbiased thread.

The overall content of the whole thread will shine through as to whether a particular establishment is good or bad in the long run, just as feedback on Ebay shows the overall reliability of a buyer or seller. :)

If there is to be a discussion about Scampi's, then can that please take part on a Scampi's review thread, as it is a separate business.

glostergirl
02-08-2011, 11:24

me to have just read the latest reviews!! i have not changed my methods of cooking.we have not changed any quality of our products.orders are usually done within 10 mins,(ITS NOT MCDONALDS) staff are still friendly,and smiling,prices are still cheap,we have not slagged off any other restaurant,people that eat our food are giving us fantastic compliments,we listen to peoples suggestions and change something when necessary!!! what more can we do???????????

Added after 2 minutes:

me to have just read the latest reviews!! i have not changed my methods of cooking.we have not changed any quality of our products.orders are usually done within 10 mins,(ITS NOT MCDONALDS) staff are still friendly,and smiling,prices are still cheap,we have not slagged off any other restaurant,people that eat our food are giving us fantastic compliments,we listen to peoples suggestions and change something when necessary!!! what more can we do???????????

Suej
02-08-2011, 12:07

Added after 2 minutes:

Hi GG...Have you managed to get the Kebabs right? OH loves fish but I donīt so would like a lovely Kebab instead! Good luck!:goodluck:

glostergirl
02-08-2011, 13:41
Hi GG...Have you managed to get the Kebabs right? OH loves fish but I donīt so would like a lovely Kebab instead! Good luck!:goodluck:

hi sue thanks for the feedback!! we have sourced a kebab machine in uk just getting quotes for shipping it over here!!

grumpy
02-08-2011, 16:20
we are off to scampis this week like we said, will let you all know how it goes,

Suej
02-08-2011, 16:51
hi sue thanks for the feedback!! we have sourced a kebab machine in uk just getting quotes for shipping it over here!!

Oooh! great! Kebabs are just a bigger part of the British culture as Fish & Chips now! :pray::hungry:

Loaded
02-08-2011, 23:17
My god, never heard so much in-depth comment about a take away!

Incognita
03-08-2011, 03:05
My god, never heard so much in-depth comment about a take away!
Well you know what they say, theres no such thing as bad publicity Loaded - hope to see you again soon x

Loaded
03-08-2011, 04:30
Well you know what they say, theres no such thing as bad publicity Loaded - hope to see you again soon x

True dat!

See you soon

fire13
07-08-2011, 00:28
For give my ignorance but what is a Walley?

Andy0210
07-08-2011, 00:41
For give my ignorance but what is a Walley?

Surely the question is wheres Walley?

Look for a bloke in a stripey top and hat! :)

fire13
07-08-2011, 00:46
That was going to be my answer. :D

Andy0210
07-08-2011, 00:56
That was going to be my answer. :D

Think of another one quick lol

glostergirl
07-08-2011, 10:28
For give my ignorance but what is a Walley? its a gherkin!!!!

Jackie
07-08-2011, 11:23
its a gherkin!!!!

Not just any gherkin...it is a giant pickled gherkin :)

glostergirl
07-08-2011, 11:27
Not just any gherkin...it is a giant pickled gherkin :) you win jackie customer is always right!!!!

Jackie
07-08-2011, 11:55
you win jackie customer is always right!!!!

not in all cases ;)

Davethepubsinger
09-08-2011, 15:02
Who can you possibly mean:devil:

nurse ratchet
18-08-2011, 12:31
Just been to Frydays had cod,chips,mushy peas & scraps wife had battered sausage, chips,mushy peas & scraps, both were excellent.
Owners and staff were very friendly, service was quick and very reasonably priced. Will definately go back again and would certainly recommend.
only thing would suggest to the chef is that in Yorkshire lemon goes in G&T or V&T not on fish with mushy peas:yum::goodluck::thanx:1113

You wouldn't lik it here either then, but then this is rather more upmarket than Frydays

Leam_Lin
18-08-2011, 12:36

You wouldn't lik it here either then, but then this is rather more upmarket than Frydays

My OH would say "I want something to eat, not look at" the lemon looks horrid anyway.

obs
18-08-2011, 13:01
I bet I wouldn't like the price either! The fish doesn't even look nice, and I've never had a glass of chips in my life, a pint of prawns yes, but a glass of chips?? :sorry:

Suej
18-08-2011, 14:04
Just been to Frydays had cod,chips,mushy peas & scraps wife had battered sausage, chips,mushy peas & scraps, both were excellent.
Owners and staff were very friendly, service was quick and very reasonably priced. Will definately go back again and would certainly recommend.
only thing would suggest to the chef is that in Yorkshire lemon goes in G&T or V&T not on fish with mushy peas:yum::goodluck::thanx:

Lemon would do it for me Tojack! canīt stand vinegar!:spit:

Jackie
22-08-2011, 18:49
We went to frydays yesterday and we all enjoyed our meal.The staff was very pleasant and asked as if we enjoyed our meal and if was happy with everything,the fish and chips were lovely,were not greasey at all,the cod was nice big chunks and the batter was perfect.The chips are chip shop chips,not frozen chips,was just like having fish and chips from back home.Defaintly go back again as the prices were good as well.I wish the owners the best of luck in the future.

Did you meet our mate lol ;)

Suej
22-08-2011, 20:16
We went to frydays yesterday and we all enjoyed our meal.The staff was very pleasant and asked as if we enjoyed our meal and if was happy with everything,the fish and chips were lovely,were not greasey at all,the cod was nice big chunks and the batter was perfect.The chips are chip shop chips,not frozen chips,was just like having fish and chips from back home.Defaintly go back again as the prices were good as well.I wish the owners the best of luck in the future.

Have they sorted out the Kebabs yet?:yum:

slodgedad
22-08-2011, 20:39
Have they sorted out the Kebabs yet?:yum:
With all the interest in kebabs lately we're gonna need a new thread...:hungry:

Suej
22-08-2011, 20:42
With all the interest in kebabs lately we're gonna need a new thread...:hungry:

Itīs my mission in life to find a decent kebab in Tenerife! Sad but true!:laugh:

ali marshall
22-08-2011, 21:25
Did you meet our mate lol ;)

Yes i did jackie no winkles for me though :(

Suej
22-08-2011, 21:35
Yes i did jackie no winkles for me though :(

Is there someone or something more tasty in Frydayīs...more tasty than Kebabs?:wow:

glostergirl
23-08-2011, 02:44
Did you meet our mate lol ;) yes she did and i met damian whoops sorry elias!!!

Yes i did jackie no winkles for me though :( nor snails

SuzyQ
23-08-2011, 02:53
Ive never had a kebab in my life, yuk!!! Do fancy the fish and chippys though, will have a look xx

KirstyJay
24-08-2011, 17:36
Why not put this in their review thread then, as this one is asking for directions. :)

murph
24-08-2011, 17:45
Why not put this in their review thread then, as this one is asking for directions. :)

Was only trying to help - and they don't seem to be talking about Frydays on there to be honest

KirstyJay
24-08-2011, 18:22
I was only trying to help too. :)