PDA

View Full Version : 'Remember me' box on log in

obs
04-06-2011, 15:10
I have noticed that when I log on now, the 'remember me' box appears to be checked by default. Is this necessary? Bit like Ryanair, could finish up with 2 meals, insurance, excess bag allowance etc., if you don't un-check the box.

KirstyJay
04-06-2011, 15:54
It was requested by many people in another thread, so YES!!!

There's always one.... :rolleyes:

In The Sun
04-06-2011, 20:15
It might be ticked but it doesn't work for me. I have to input both my name and password evertime I log on

obs
05-06-2011, 13:45
It was requested by many people in another thread, so YES!!!

There's always one.... :rolleyes:

That's me !! :spin:

Harmonicaman
05-06-2011, 14:36
It might be ticked but it doesn't work for me. I have to input both my name and password evertime I log on
If you have ticked a box saying clear history/cache on exiting, then you will have to log on each time.

In The Sun
05-06-2011, 15:06
I don't think that I have ticked this box. Could you tell me where to find it and I will check if I have ticked it

Harmonicaman
05-06-2011, 15:30
I don't think that I have ticked this box. Could you tell me where to find it and I will check if I have ticked it
It's not on the forum. It would be in your computer settings control panel.

In The Sun
05-06-2011, 16:15
Ok I know the box you mean, No I don't have it ticked. All other log in sites that I use remember
me. It is just this Forum that doesn't. It is no a major problem I can just log in each time

VideoMem
20-02-2012, 10:38
Me too ! says he sat in the sun (well almost) today at Los Diamantes, everything else does but not the forum :angry:

Malteser Monkey
20-02-2012, 11:22
It works/doesn't work with different browsers for me here at work and at home

With I Explorer it automatically logs me out after a while whereas with Chrome, Safari or Google chrome it keeps me logged in all day

slodgedad
21-02-2012, 00:14

With I Explorer it automatically logs me out after a while whereas with Chrome, Safari or Google chrome it keeps me logged in all day

Firefox is the bees knees. Never a problem

Malteser Monkey
21-02-2012, 11:21
Rubbish I Explorer am trying it at home instead of Chrome - it logged me out after 5 mins and after I'd typed a reply in the dungeon. Also it doesn't let me "+reply to thread" only reply then when you try to post it - it won't you have to go through "go advanced"

Back to chrome

VideoMem
21-02-2012, 15:35
:(

I'm a Firefox man myself, only with the "new" forum never had any problems with the old:(