PDA

View Full Version : Schools in Los Abrigos, Tenerife. Information thread

jenny.r
28-07-2011, 10:11
Hi I have enrolled my four year old in Los Abrigos . I know she has been accepted her name was on the list , but I have heard nothing since, and I am getting worried about book list ,uniforms , timetables etc... Does anyone in the forum have any information? Should I have heard by now ?
I would be grateful for any information.

tracey_in_tenerife
28-07-2011, 10:24
My children are starting Tijoco Bajo in September, theyve been accepted, thats all the info the school have given me, i dont know the start date! i will ring beginning of sept for that. As for school books i dont know that either! so we are both in same boat, i dont think at the age of 4 that she will need books etc, as i have a 4 year old starting as well, its my 7 and 10 year olds that need the books. hope someone comes up with some info for you x

MrsTT
28-07-2011, 10:37
The calendar with the dates for next year still hasnīt ben published as I have just checked the site. I believe the first day of term is 7th September for the younger children and a bit later for the high schools.

Tinkabel
28-07-2011, 11:00
Most schools give out the book list once the term begins and it's a mad scramble to get them from the local book shop. The school in Parque de la Reina usually gives the list just before the summer holidays which i thought was a great idea as you had the opportunity to pre-order everything and pick them up when the book shop called, it also meant the kids all had the books for going back to school in September, It amazes me that all schools don't do this.

KirstyJay
28-07-2011, 13:01
We start (teachers) on the 1st, the kids on the 7th. :)

MrsTT
28-07-2011, 13:59
We start (teachers) on the 1st, the kids on the 7th. :)

That should mean that parents will be able to contact the schools from the 1st September then for any information that they might need. :)

jenny.r
28-07-2011, 15:29
Thanks I would love to have it all sorted , its a big day for them starting school it would be great to have it all organised It good to know that I am not my own , I was very worried . :thanx:

MrsTT
28-07-2011, 17:58
Thanks I would love to have it all sorted , its a big day for them starting school it would be great to have it all organised It good to know that I am not my own , I was very worried . :thanx:

Let us know how you get on when the big day does arrive. I'm sure you will be able to get it all sorted out in that week before the children start. Nothing much happens in Tenerife ( and apparently a lot of Spain) in August. Lots of place like the judiciary and government offices just shut down for the holidays!!:sunburn:

KirstyJay
28-07-2011, 18:26
Book and material lists are not given out until about the second week of term. Usually the first month is revision anyway, so books are not used.

bobster81
07-12-2011, 16:48
hi have u got a contact number for the school....i need to no how old kids can start and basic info thanks amanda

Added after 8 minutes:

hiya sorry to bother u...but do u have contact number for los abrigos school? and can u tell me if they will accept my 3 year old son thanks amanda

bonitatime
07-12-2011, 17:19
If you search the forum there is a list of all the state schools and their contact numbers. And how to apply.
AS to age my undertanding for preschool is they have to be 3 before xmas to enter but at this time of year you may well struggle for a place.

Graceylacey
07-12-2011, 19:34
My daughter goes to Los Abrigos and last year we were given the book list when we got their notas, which I thought was a great idea. As for uniform I cant remember the name of the shop but its the sports shop on the left hand side just before the roundabout going up to Golf Del Sur. Its a white t shirt and burgandy shorts. Not all of the children wear it. I would say about 60 % dont.

As your child is starting new, I would worry too much at all, just pop in the week before they open wish as everyone else says its normally 7th Sept. You are not in the dark, about dates etc, we all as parents dont get told, but in September we do get a book giving all info about holiday dates, teachers ( who is who) schol hours etc etc. So that is a useful one to keep.

Its a lovely school, my daughter has been very happy there and I will miss it when she goes to the institute next year.

If you want anymore info, just PM me your number and I will be happy to help you as much as possible, including going to the school with you to double check they are on the list if that puts your mind at rest!!

Quinlk
04-08-2012, 21:24
Hi,just wondering is anybody on this site planning on starting there kid at the public school in Los abrigos this September!? We just moved over here and are thinking of sending our little girl there!

slodgedad
05-08-2012, 01:28
Hi,just wondering is anybody on this site planning on starting there kid at the public school in Los abrigos this September!? We just moved over here and are thinking of sending our little girl there!

Hi, I have moved your post to this thread. Read through and I hope you find what you're looking for, if not then ask away.