PDA

View Full Version : Bank Branch closing for month of August

doreen
28-07-2011, 10:42
Would you believe that the Caja Canarias branch in the Zentral Center is closing for the whole month of August rolleyes2: ... Manager will be based in another branch 10 minutes away ... now, that's not what I call service :(

Has this happened anywhere else ?

caliente
28-07-2011, 12:06
You know what they say about talking to yourself.
It's the first sign of you know what! :devil:

Muppet
29-07-2011, 11:06
Probably to save costs after giving 2 million to the bloody football team - didnt even ask their customers - grrrrrrrrrrrr

Chayofa Tete
29-07-2011, 12:25
Probably to save costs after giving 2 million to the bloody football team - didnt even ask their customers - grrrrrrrrrrrr

All money to a good cause I would say!!

bonitatime
29-07-2011, 15:47
This is the best I have heard yet.

doreen
29-07-2011, 15:52
I wonder how many other customers will do as I do - change banks ... so much for saving on staff costs & forgetting about customer care :(

no.job.2.small
29-07-2011, 16:49
CajaCanarias are doing exactly the same with the Gran Sur branch, closed for the whole of August !

sleepy
29-07-2011, 17:06
All money to a good cause I would say!!

Yeah...right... :snore:

MaxineC
29-07-2011, 17:48
I wonder how many other customers will do as I do - change banks ... so much for saving on staff costs & forgetting about customer care :(

Well don't go to the BBVA... not sure what's happened to them in recent years, but their customer service has all but vanished... Oh, and they've just failed the banking 'stress test' Pffft :(

doreen
29-07-2011, 18:08
Well don't go to the BBVA... not sure what's happened to them in recent years, but their customer service has all but vanished... Oh, and they've just failed the banking 'stress test' Pffft :(

I've just opened a new company account in Barclays in Faņabe- the service is brilliant, it is just a pain to find parking.

9PLUS
29-07-2011, 18:18
I wonder why Spain doesn't have much more than Farming, Trains building, "Construction" & Tourism?

bonitatime
29-07-2011, 19:10
CajaCanarias are doing exactly the same with the Gran Sur branch, closed for the whole of August !

I didn't actually realise this was open as I have never seen anyone inside.

MaxineC
29-07-2011, 19:16
I've just opened a new company account in Barclays in Faņabe- the service is brilliant, it is just a pain to find parking.

Yes, it is, that's where our branch of BBVA is... We've also opened an 'emergency' account with Lloyds in Fanabe, so if the BBVA carry on playing silly devils we can tell them to do one... Driving me insane! :crazy:

CIM
29-07-2011, 19:44
Lloyds in Faņabe and Deutsche bank in Los Cristianos are great. They both have big car parks underneath them and they are both deadly quite when you go in for anything so I rarely have to wait to be seen.

warbey
29-07-2011, 20:02
Lets get this right. The Banks closed for a Month. Estate Agents are mostly lacsadaisical,

Courts and Lawyers are..???

More reasons to stay away..
?
its madness at the Asylum....
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

doreen
29-07-2011, 20:06
Lets get this right. The Banks closed for a Month. Estate Agents are mostly lacsadaisical,

Courts and Lawyers are..???

More reasons to stay away..
?
its madness at the Asylum....
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

No ... just August in Spain ... or France ... or Italy :)

henry
29-07-2011, 20:08
i use to have deutsche bank. before charge me 6 euros for commission. for a number of years. until march. when i saw 21 euros for commission. i quickly close my account with deutsche and went to barcarlys. saving account don´t charge no comission. i been with barcarlys since march and they were right they DON¨T change for keeping my money there. but deutsch 21 euros per month on commission and another 0.50 just for the post to mail it to my house.

Muppet
29-07-2011, 20:08
Thing is though, almost the entire country closes for August, it always has done. The courts close, the Councils close and pretty much everything else does too.

Almost all banks only open for half-days throughout August, so presumably some staff are on hols and others are doubling up staff to keep some sort of service running.

It's hardly a surprise really......

warbey
29-07-2011, 20:19
Which Countries are financially troubled..?

That Bank is heading for closure in My Book.
They certainly desrve it letting down Their Customers I think

At least open fewer Hours.........

Added after 2 minutes:

Lloyds in Faņabe and Deutsche bank in Los Cristianos are great. They both have big car parks underneath them and they are both deadly quite when you go in for anything so I rarely have to wait to be seen.

Non Spanish of course....

bonitatime
29-07-2011, 22:05
I am based near Lloyds and don't hear good comments about their customer service.
Both the caja Canarias and the Caixa in Faņabe have nice staff.

slodgedad
29-07-2011, 22:24
Thing is though, almost the entire country closes for August, it always has done. The courts close, the Councils close and pretty much everything else does too.

Almost all banks only open for half-days throughout August, so presumably some staff are on hols and others are doubling up staff to keep some sort of service running.

It's hardly a surprise really......

Exactly. After all this time on this paradise island it never ceases to amaze me how everything grinds to a halt in August (bit like the old days in the UK where everyone had they're hols at the same time)

The busiest month of the year, as far as tourism is concerned, and everything official that is still open is manned by temps.

MaxineC
29-07-2011, 22:47
I am based near Lloyds and don't hear good comments about their customer service.
Both the caja Canarias and the Caixa in Faņabe have nice staff.

We've had great service every time we've been... ???

warbey
30-07-2011, 20:24
We've had great service every time we've been... ???

Not much use what service it usually is, if its closed, is it.?

MaxineC
31-07-2011, 00:27
Not much use what service it usually is, if its closed, is it.?

It's not the Lloyds that's closed.... Come on Warbey, keep up! ;)

warbey
02-08-2011, 19:22
It's not the Lloyds that's closed.... Come on Warbey, keep up! ;)

Sorry for that Max, I was referring to an earlier Post, not Yours. This keeping up though has Me puffed.!

doreen
02-08-2011, 19:23
Well the one Caja Canarias that was open had 17 people in the queue today :(

Did anyone say Customer Service :(

Faraway
02-08-2011, 20:19
Definitely don't go to Solbank !!!!!!!

MaxineC
03-08-2011, 00:55
Sorry for that Max, I was referring to an earlier Post, not Yours. This keeping up though has Me puffed.!

Sorry, but your post had my post in it, so I thought your post was referring to my post... Are you keeping up with me ??? :D