PDA

View Full Version : New chick on the block

Pink shoes
28-07-2011, 11:14
This chick is living rent free in my garden rolleyes2:

Sylla
28-07-2011, 18:04

We have a Hedgehog family living rent free , But I suppose they are earning their keep as they look after my Hostas , keeping the slugs away ... and we had a little baby hoglet ...he/she was sniffing my OH's feet !

Pink shoes
28-07-2011, 20:08
Wow Sylla, the heghogs look fun. Is that your house too!

Sylla
28-07-2011, 21:00
Yes Pink shoes , love your little chickie too ...he looks hungry ! :hungry:

The night I took that photo Mr Hedgie was very amorous ...but Mrs was feeling a bit prickly !!!! and the poor old bloke went round and round in circles around her for hours ...when we went to lock up at around midnight he was still twirling around :spin: they were so funny !

Just waiting for the little one to appear again to take a photo ...

I don't use any slug pellets on my hostas or any where in my garden ...they just do the job for me..... The hedgies do get lots of treats though ...some times ,some left over fillet steak !:yum:

Added after 4 minutes:

Do you know what kind of bird the little chick is ?

Suej
28-07-2011, 21:13

Does the Mummy bird come and feed little-un? sooo sweet! Love the hedgehogs too! Awwww! :thanx:

Pink shoes
29-07-2011, 16:32
Hi all, I am suffering from empty nest syndrome. The chick has GONE!
The mummy bird was feeding it. I do not know what type of bird it was as I never saw the mum, just heard her moving about in the bush and some cheeps.

I would like to think the chick flew away but it was a bit small for flying. No feathers around the nest or floor. It has just gone!.

Sylla
29-07-2011, 17:06
LOL ! that little one looked too small to fly away .....seems like some dirty deed has been done ! :crying2: my sympathy for your loss :console: