PDA

View Full Version : How can I exchange faulty goods without a receipt in Tenerife?

debbie h
28-07-2011, 12:00
bought a microwave in jan 2011 from Lidl, used it only 3 times, door woudnt open and it tripped my electric out, unfortunately had thrown the box and cant find my receipt cost me 87 euros and is Lidls own make silvercrest ,have been in contact with their customer services weekly, they offered verbally to repair it 3 or 4 times,which i agreed to but i have not been contacted by anyone. it is now end of july and am getting frustrated what recourse if any do i have or is it purely down to their goodwill to solve this problem

YOUNG GOLFER
28-07-2011, 12:05
bought a microwave in jan 2011 from Lidl, used it only 3 times, door woudnt open and it tripped my electric out, unfortunately had thrown the box and cant find my receipt cost me 87 euros and is Lidls own make silvercrest ,have been in contact with their customer services weekly, they offered verbally to repair it 3 or 4 times,which i agreed to but i have not been contacted by anyone. it is now end of july and am getting frustrated what recourse if any do i have or is it purely down to their goodwill to solve this problem

It seems a little silly over here when you do buy goods they like you to keep hold of the box .......but as you don't have that or the receipt it could be hard to get a refund or a replacement ....but good luck.

Ecky Thump
28-07-2011, 12:19

When I had a problem with a TV that was bought from Lidl, I took it to the shop and they dealt with it from there, I dont think that they will contact you or send out a engineer.

Goldenmaniac
28-07-2011, 13:47
You have 2 years guarantee, but you may be required to prove purchase - did you pay on your card? Could you narrow it down to when you were in the shop and did you buy anything else major(ish) at the same time? Armed with that kind of info they may be able to locate a copy of your till receipt.

Have you tried the contact form on their website? http://www.lidl.es/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_es/hs.xsl/7535.htm

But surely you should try in person inthe store first, if you don't get any joy you can go to your Ayuntamiento oficina del consumidor (like trading standards)

9PLUS
28-07-2011, 14:31
As Goldenmaniac has said you will have 2 years guarantee with the Microwave and yes you would normally need to prove the purchase

So that leaves you with

"hello this is your make of microwave yes?"

"Yes"

"so has this store been open for more than 2 years?"

"NO"

"would that be enough for you to repair it or exchange it?"

Could be an avenue to proceed, maintaining your calm and wanting a solution

balababe
28-07-2011, 15:21
I had a similar problem with an item bought at Martinez - I had a vague idea of the date I bought it and they simply ran another receipt off on their computer. I was very impressed! I am sure they will be reasonable at Lidl, because the brands tend to be exclusive to them. One good way of getting your own way in a shop, is simply to say the same thing, i.e. you want a replacement because the goods are faulty - over and over again (broken record) and usually you win in the end. Just don't give up or go away. if desperate, try crying! I once cried in pure temper in a shop and got my own way immediately.

Ecky Thump
28-07-2011, 15:31
You have 2 years guarantee, but you may be required to prove purchase - did you pay on your card? Could you narrow it down to when you were in the shop and did you buy anything else major(ish) at the same time? Armed with that kind of info they may be able to locate a copy of your till receipt.

Have you tried the contact form on their website? http://www.lidl.es/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_es/hs.xsl/7535.htm

But surely you should try in person inthe store first, if you don't get any joy you can go to your Ayuntamiento oficina del consumidor (like trading standards)

As Goldenmaniac has said you will have 2 years guarantee with the Microwave and yes you would normally need to prove the purchase

So that leaves you with

"hello this is your make of microwave yes?"

"Yes"

"so has this store been open for more than 2 years?"

"NO"

"would that be enough for you to repair it or exchange it?"

Could be an avenue to proceed, maintaining your calm and wanting a solution

I had a similar problem with an item bought at Martinez - I had a vague idea of the date I bought it and they simply ran another receipt off on their computer. I was very impressed! I am sure they will be reasonable at Lidl, because the brands tend to be exclusive to them. One good way of getting your own way in a shop, is simply to say the same thing, i.e. you want a replacement because the goods are faulty - over and over again (broken record) and usually you win in the end. Just don't give up or go away. if desperate, try crying! I once cried in pure temper in a shop and got my own way immediately.

According to the opening post, Lidl have already agreed to repair the microwave.:confused:

Goldenmaniac
28-07-2011, 23:32
According to the opening post, Lidl have already agreed to repair the microwave.:confused:Agreed but they're not getting anywhere and don't have any proof of the agreement to repair, so stand by what we all said - then hopefully get the agreement to repair in writing or get the thing done! a visit to the store defo the thing I would say

princessmonika
29-07-2011, 05:32
if you paid by credit card, that is a receipt --

Ecky Thump
29-07-2011, 10:28
Agreed but they're not getting anywhere and don't have any proof of the agreement to repair, so stand by what we all said - then hopefully get the agreement to repair in writing or get the thing done! a visit to the store defo the thing I would say

All that has been written is good advice, but what is clear is, that the poster is waiting for Lidl to contact her, which they wont, the onus is on the buyer to contact them and the best way forward is a visit to the shop to see if they will honer their offer to repair the microwave oven.

Lets hope the opening poster replies to our posts to give us a update, which up to now she has not done.