PDA

View Full Version : SYCO allegations about BGT scam

uptowngirl
04-06-2011, 19:17
This has now been removed off the internet, but here is a copy of the majority for anyone who hasn't read it.

In a nutshell, allegations about one of the BGT finalists and Simon Cowell.

Sorry if its beens posted before

BRITAINS GOT TALENT SCAM!

For reasons which will become obvious, I can’t reveal my full identity. I am an executive with Sony Music UK with many years’ experience in music management.
My work involves close liaison with Simon Cowell’s Syco company (specifically Syco Music and Syco TV) and, as a result, I have seen what goes on from the inside, and this has left me increasingly uncomfortable about the integrity of Britain’s Got Talent and particularly the workings of Syco.
It’s long been known that there is quite a degree of ‘fixing’ in BGT. [Here the writer links to a Daily Mail story of January 15 this year which reveals that rather than BGT contestants being chosen at random from thousands of previously unknown applicants, the programme’s researchers act as ‘scouts’ to find credible acts and bring them to the studios.]
But press reports on ‘fixing’ are only the tip of the iceberg. Take BGT 2011, for example.
Scouts working for Syco first saw Ronan Parke some two years ago when he was just ten and was singing at a birthday party for former Norwich City goalkeeper Bryan Gunn. Following that, Ronan was privately auditioned by Syco scouts on two more occasions and, as is usual practice on BGT, he was ‘invited’ to audition for the show as a ‘preferred’ contestant.
At the same time, Ronan and his parents were ‘required’ to enter into a contract with Syco. Like all Syco contracts, it is heavily weighted in favour of the label. Simon effectively signed Ronan for life...unless he decides to terminate the contract.
As one senior Syco executive said to me recently: ‘These people are mugs. They’ll sign away their own mother just to get on TV. It’s a turkey-shoot, and then we own their a***s!’

Ronan and his parents were provided with a car to drive them to the audition in London.
These ‘invited’ contestants don’t have to queue up with everyone else, they don’t go through the preliminary auditions with producers, but perform straight to Simon and the judging panel at a pre-arranged time slot. And so it was for Ronan back in 2009 when he was just ten.
Unfortunately, nerves got the better of him and he was unable to perform.
Ordinarily, you would think that would be the end of things, but with Ronan already signed to Syco, far from it. This was just the start of a two-year grooming and manipulation process to prepare Ronan for stardom. It’s no big secret that Simon has been looking for an artist who could crack the very lucrative pre-teen market for some time, particularly in the U.S.
If you like, he wanted his own rival to Justin Bieber [the 17-year-old Canadian pop sensation] and, taking a leaf out of how professional football academies develop youngsters to feed their main team, Simon wanted his own singing academy, and Ronan was just one of a number of identified youngsters with whom Syco intensively works.
A development package, which included professional singing, dancing and stage-craft tuition, was arranged for Ronan, and the Syco machine kicked into gear with the view to Ronan entering BGT 2010.
Lots of work had been done with Ronan and his voice was much improved; unfortunately nerves were still a major issue for him and it was decided by Syco not to enter him into the 2010 series.
At a following senior exec meeting at Syco it was suggested that Ronan be dropped, but with Simon confident that Ronan could be the kid he had been looking for, it was agreed that Ronan would receive ‘intensive support and input’ to ready him for the 2011 series.
Although Ronan’s voice was now stunning, there were other major problems to be dealt with in order to sell him to the public. With respect to Ronan, he was nothing more than a kookie-looking, skinny runt of a kid and this was identified as a major handicap to sales.
It was agreed at a high-level, secret Syco meeting that if they were to do anything with Ronan, he needed totally re-styling from the toes up.

DeedeeTipperary
04-06-2011, 20:11
Simon totally denied this on last nights BGT . If this is not true then it is a vindictive treatment of an innocent young lad . It still does not take away from the fact Ronan is a fantastic singer and I wish him all the luck he well deserves .