PDA

View Full Version : Proud of my Daughter

Angusjim
29-07-2011, 13:11
My daughter who was one the many young single mothers in the UK has just made us very very proud having in June got her honours degree in Business Administration and this week got confirmation of full time employment starting in September.She has worked VERY VERY hard to get her degree as well as having to cope with bringing up her son who has had 4 major hearts operations in 3-4 years. Thought I would just share this as many have the preception that all young single mothers are lazy,just looking for handouts and have no intention of working. I hope she acts as an inspiration to others not to give in its hard but you can get there if you have the motivation & determination.

Although she would not be proud of my spelling of daughter:o

jewels
29-07-2011, 13:12
Thats really good news,well done.

YOUNG GOLFER
29-07-2011, 13:13
Congratulations to both you and your daughter.....every right to be a proud dad Jim.

MaxineC
29-07-2011, 13:16
Many congratulations to her... and to her proud daddy ;)

Malteser Monkey
29-07-2011, 13:22
Every right to be proud AJ congrats to both of you

howard thornton
29-07-2011, 13:24
My daughter who was one the many young single mothers in the UK has just made us very very proud having in June got her honours degree in Business Administration and this week got confirmation of full time employment starting in September.She has worked VERY VERY hard to get her degree as well as having to cope with bringing up her son who has had 4 major hearts operations in 3-4 years. Thought I would just share this as many have the preception that all young single mothers are lazy,just looking for handouts and have no intention of working. I hope she acts as an inspiration to others not to give in its hard but you can get there if you have the motivation & determination.

thanks jim, a very good post. you have every right to be proud, i would be.

Malteser Monkey
29-07-2011, 13:28
thanks jim, a very good post. you have every right to be proud, i would be.

copycat I said that :D:fpull:
excuse me AJ

glostergirl
29-07-2011, 13:33

well done to your daughter!!!

MrsTT
29-07-2011, 14:01
Many Congratulations to her - you must all be very thrilled and so proud!:lots-jumping:

TOTO 99
29-07-2011, 14:19
Best post I've seen on this forum so far. It'll be worth all the hard work. :bowdown:

Goforgold
29-07-2011, 14:30
Congratulations to your daughter and to yourself - you've done a good job. :)

Peterrayner
29-07-2011, 14:49
You are right to be proud of her Jim

My daughter is also a single mum hardworking and in full time employment since leaving school 9 years ago hardly misse d a day.

She isnt academically inclined but she has produced a wonderful grandson and I too am so proud.

Red Devil
29-07-2011, 15:12
And surely how your children turn out hopefully reflects the values and attributes passed on from the parents, so you have obviously done something right:)

benward
29-07-2011, 15:21
Well done to your daughter for what she has achived not only got a degree but also a job as well, you should be well chuffed :)

Tinkabel
29-07-2011, 15:22
A huge congratulations to your daughter, what a fantastic example she's setting for her own child, wishing her continued success. :jump2:

obs
29-07-2011, 15:59
Quite right too Jim, she has done well. :jump2::jump2:

Santiago
29-07-2011, 17:17

Well done to both you and your daughter and what a wonderful role model she is going to be for her son. There is obviously hope for us all yet.

Susief
29-07-2011, 17:20
Well done to AJ and his daughter!

rosemary
29-07-2011, 18:56
And she has the wonderful support of her parents too! I think being a single parent is the hardest and at times the loneliest job in the world. Good luck to her and your grandson.

AL JAY
29-07-2011, 19:10
Lovely post Jim, Well done all round, good luck to her in the future!

marbro8
29-07-2011, 19:20
congrats from me to jim, i am sure the other forum members will join me in raising a small glass in toasting her success now, and for her and your grandson's future successes as well:party4:

delgirl
29-07-2011, 19:54
congratulations to you both just goes to show that some single parents are prepared to make a go of it and not just sit at home and watch jeremy kyle all day well done

TenerifeFanatic
29-07-2011, 20:36
Well done to all concerned!!:lol:

Harmonicaman
29-07-2011, 21:35
Well done Jim's girl!:c2: Was in GlenIsla today Jim, never saw you though...:whistle:

caroletenerife
29-07-2011, 22:00
Well done to your daughter Jim. i know much much work goes into doing a degree and trying to bring up a child alone, sometimes you think the grafting will never end.(I vowed never to read a book again haha). I hope she gave herself a well earned break before starting work.

LeFrunk
29-07-2011, 22:50
CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter for doing very well with her studies and looking after her wee one who wasnt too well into the bargin , also CONGRATULATIONS to you AJ for helping her through it all , My daughter was caught pregnant at 15 , had her wee boy , 3 days after that she went back to school to do her exams ( in agony ) passed them , went on to university got her degree in accountantcy and has worked ever from it and that was 12yrs ago so i know how proud you are , have a few on me . All the best for the future .

doreen
30-07-2011, 00:13
Congratualtions - great thread ... so good to read of determination winning through - wishing her every success in her new job :)

tizzywizzy
30-07-2011, 00:22
congratulations from me as well. You have every right to be proud of her. I wish her lots of success for the future and hope your grandson is doing well health wise also.

CIM
30-07-2011, 00:57
Very pleased for both her and you. Itīs a heck of an achievement when its so easy for people not to have to bother anymore so says a lot about her character!
I enjoy very much reading about people doing well for themselves Jim. Well done you for raising her that way :)

Angusjim
30-07-2011, 07:35
Thanks to all for your messages you are all very kind:thanx:

junglejim
30-07-2011, 08:01
Thanks to all for your messages you are all very kind:thanx:

Congratulations to your daughter AJ and you are obviously very proud of your family !
Hope you are keeping well and look forward to seeing you in Irish Rover ( or anywhere ) later in year !

Bobby
30-07-2011, 11:17
What a wonderful achievement. She did better than me and I only had me to look after.

Ecky Thump
30-07-2011, 12:43

She should be a inspiration to all the young folk of today's society, congratulations and best wishes to all the family.:)

kingbaker
30-07-2011, 13:42
congratulations to you both just goes to show that some single parents are prepared to make a go of it and not just sit at home and watch jeremy kyle all day well done

Hi Delgirl- who's Jeremy Kyle?

writerchelle
04-08-2011, 16:15
Your daughter should be an inspiration to other single parents who also want to get out there and make something of their lives. What a fantastic achievement! No wonder you're very proud. Well done to her, and I wish her all the best for what I hope is an extremely successful future ahead! :)