PDA

View Full Version : Birthday cake required in Tenerife

Angusjim
30-07-2011, 08:16
We are over new year time for my wifes 50th birthday and require a cake for the big night anybody suggest anyone who can help:party4:

no.job.2.small
30-07-2011, 09:03
Sugar Slice Anne is the best on the Island, she makes all our cakes for us ! They are amazing !

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/anne.sugarandslice

You'll get her details from above, there's pics of her work too !

Really highly reccomended !

junglejim
30-07-2011, 09:57
We are over new year time for my wifes 50th birthday and require a cake for the big night anybody suggest anyone who can help:party4:

Leave my slice behind the bar AJ !!- I like plenty of marzipan - the diabetics worst enemy!!

Those cakes look brilliant - almost too good to eat !!

Angusjim
30-07-2011, 10:07
Leave my slice behind the bar AJ !!- I like plenty of marzipan - the diabetics worst enemy!!

Those cakes look brilliant - almost too good to eat !!

I would like to look at the cakes as well but don't know how this Facebook thing works:old::o

junglejim
30-07-2011, 10:15
I would like to look at the cakes as well but don't know how this Facebook thing works:old::o

I didnīt see one in shape of a Bridie AJ - just click on link then click on " Photos " on left of frame !

For the uninitiated- a bridie!

no.job.2.small
30-07-2011, 10:27
Just click on this link then open the albums and browse through !

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/anne.sugarandslice?sk=photos

Tinkabel
30-07-2011, 10:33
Sugar Slice Anne is the best on the Island, she makes all our cakes for us ! They are amazing !

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/anne.sugarandslice

You'll get her details from above, there's pics of her work too !

Really highly reccomended !

I've just beem looking at her cakes, they're amazing, what are her prices like??

MaxineC
30-07-2011, 11:05
Also try Pixie17, who is a member here.... She's made some fab ones too, and is booked to create a masterpiece for OH's 60th later this year ;)

Jackie
30-07-2011, 11:12
No disrespect to SSA, her cakes are amazing but after getting a quote for my daughter's 21st Birthday Cake from her felt the price a bit OTT as it was in the 150 euros plus bracket. Pixie got the job, I just told her I wanted 2 tiers and told her my daughters interests and she came up with a cake very personal to my daughter, one tier sponge with chocolate filling the second tier chocolate sponge with chocolate filling for a very good price of 45 euros and is was just as amazing as others I had seen elsewhere.

no.job.2.small
30-07-2011, 17:45
I've just beem looking at her cakes, they're amazing, what are her prices like??

Very reasonable, if you want something special she's the one for the job ! We had a 1st birthday cake made by her which was just perfect just gave her the design and heypresto absolutly perfect ! Also had the Jimmy choo's and handbag cake for th OH's birthday which is out of this world, you can eat all of it, shoes and all (she makes the shoes and bag herself out of sugar, unbelivable) Think that one cost me €65 which is so cheap for the masterpiece (I know you only end up eating it) that it was !
Didnt last long tasted to die for !

caroletenerife
30-07-2011, 17:58
I didnīt see one in shape of a Bridie AJ - just click on link then click on " Photos " on left of frame !

For the uninitiated- a bridie!

ohhhh a bridie...got to be a Forfar bridie though:yum:

uptowngirl
30-07-2011, 18:17
Sugar SLice Anne is fantastic. We use her for all of our British Weddings that we plan.

For Yasmins first birthday the amazing masterpiece of a cake to serve 60 was 50 euro if I remember rightly, which I thought was very reasonable!!

Excellent door to door service too.............................

Just give Anne a theme, and she's off!!

Angusjim
31-07-2011, 07:10
ohhhh a bridie...got to be a Forfar bridie though:yum:

And not the puff pastry imposters in the photo

cgs
31-07-2011, 17:52
I agree if you want a personalised cake then sugar slice Annes cakes not only look great but taste soooo good!

sarah012
03-08-2011, 15:30
In LC behind ofipapel there is a bakery next to the supermkt and have a book, you can choose from....Reasonably priced and tasty

marbro8
05-10-2011, 20:08
we land about 7.30pm on friday and it is my brother in law's birthday on sunday, so we thought it would be a nice surprise to get him a birthday cake, but we don't want to get one here and bring it over with us in case it gets damaged, so we only have Saturday to organise one, so is there anywhere in los cris or las americas that could do us one that quickly?

polremy
05-10-2011, 20:28
Why not go down to Mercadona on the Saturday and pick up one of their cakes? They look delicious and there always seem to be loads to choose from. From what you said, I don't suppose you are planning a big party, just want to surprise him.
Wouldn't be personalised or anything but you might just see one that would suit.

marbro8
05-10-2011, 20:34
Why not go down to Mercadona on the Saturday and pick up one of their cakes? They look delicious and there always seem to be loads to choose from. From what you said, I don't suppose you are planning a big party, just want to surprise him.
Wouldn't be personalised or anything but you might just see one that would suit.fantastic idea:c2: that's just what we want, we didn't want to pay 50-60 euros,would the mercadona just at the back of the vista sur sell them?

polremy
05-10-2011, 21:39
Don't know that one so I couldn't really say. We go to the Chafiras Mercadona and there's always plenty there (go on the 470 from los Cris if necessary)
Have a good birthday anyway!

marbro8
05-10-2011, 21:45
Don't know that one so I couldn't really say. We go to the Chafiras Mercadona and there's always plenty there (go on the 470 from los Cris if necessary)
Have a good birthday anyway!we will have to walk to one because we don't drive in tenerife:shy: but thanks anyway:wink:

hailfuzz
05-10-2011, 23:01
The bakers in the Apollo centre do lovely birthday cakes !! It was both of my kids birthday when we were last across and we got the cakes from there. Good value also.