PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone interested in learning Russian in Tenerife?

Irina
30-07-2011, 08:50
Hello everyone
With more Russian-speaking presence on the island (tourists, property buyers, investors, etc) is there any interest among English-speaking community of Tenerife in learning Russian?
I'm a native Russian, have a degree in philology, living in Tenerife since two years and do run another business. Recently I have started to give Russian classes for beginners (teaching is in English), so I thought there might be someone else who could be interested in learning this language?
If seriously interested - PM me for more details

bonitatime
30-07-2011, 09:14
I can PM from my phone but would be interested to know more.

Irina
30-07-2011, 09:44
Hello Bonitatime, thank you for your interest. I charge 20€ per hour, can do private lessons or a group of 2-3 people - being more than 1 person is actually bringing better learning results and more fun from studies. Russian is not an easy language...:)

doreen
30-07-2011, 10:04
Hello Bonitatime, thank you for your interest. I charge 20€; per hour, can do private lessons or a group of 2-3 people - being more than 1 person is actually bringing better learning results and more fun from studies. Russian is not an easy language...:)

I'm in a group of 3 with Irina - she comes to my office ... great value at 20€ an hour. We have nearly mastered the Cyrillic script - with much laughter as we try to pronounce one particular vowel :lol:

I cannot recommend Irina highly enough - being someone who has a good knowledge of 4 other languages through having taken many, many a class, I have to say Irina is one of the best teachers I have come across :)

caliente
30-07-2011, 18:12
I'm in a group of 3 with Irina - she comes to my office ... great value at 20€ an hour. We have nearly mastered the Cyrillic script - with much laughter as we try to pronounce one particular vowel :lol:

I cannot recommend Irina highly enough - being someone who has a good knowledge of 4 other languages through having taken many, many a class, I have to say Irina is one of the best teachers I have come across :)

Not much use unless St Peter speaks Russin lol. I'd imagine anyone past the age of 70 would be better off doing something else so I suppose you and I should have a rethink. :devil:

willowlily
30-07-2011, 18:45
Not much use unless St Peter speaks Russin lol. I'd imagine anyone past the age of 70 would be better off doing something else so I suppose you and I should have a rethink. :devil:

it is the journey that is important, the destination we deal with when we arrive

doreen
30-07-2011, 19:00

I was at a Summer School in Oxford (yes, Gleaming Spires :)) a few years ago ... one French lady in the class had begun learning English at the age of 75 ... she was absolutely fluent: she wouldn't tell us her age, but we guessed it to be 90 - there's hope for everyone :)

timmylish
31-07-2011, 01:28
From a business perspective I rather imagine that there are more than sufficient, natural Russian speakers already on the Island.
From a purely social point of view then brilliant. Hope you enjoy. It is fun.

bonitatime
31-07-2011, 09:11
From a business perspective I rather imagine that there are more than sufficient, natural Russian speakers already on the Island.
Do you think thats why so few Brits bother to learn Spanish?

timmylish
01-08-2011, 01:16
The Spanish are in their own country!