PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Moving to Tenerife in October. Help is appreciated

zindage.rehman
30-07-2011, 09:37
Hi everyone
I am a single who is moving to Tenerife in October. I will appreciate all the help I could use. Here are few facts about me.

First the living costs: I don’t go to bar and I don’t drink as well. I am moving with friends so rent will be shared. Is 200 euros/month a realistic expectation for a one bedroom rent?

Halal Food:I am a Muslim so I can’t eat pork or any other food which is not slaughtered. Is the halal food easily available in Tenerife? Sea food is halal so I can eat that all the time. I am asking about chicken.

Visa: I am a Pakistani national. I am unable to find the website of Spanish immigration authority. I work online and the friends I am moving with are my work colleagues. They are residents of Latvia (Latvia is a part of EU so they don’t need the visa).

I am wondering if I should apply for work visa (I have support from my company which is located in Latvia). So If I get a visa of Latvia Can I also move in Europe freely as they do? If not can you please tell me for how much days I can stay on a visit visa and if it is extendable?

Also Spain and Latvia both are Schengen countries. Will it be easier to get a Schengen visit visa from latvia and will I be able to go spain on that visa?

Thanks a lot for help

junglejim
30-07-2011, 10:12
Welcome to Forum !

You might find this link helpful

http://www.islamcanarias.com/localizacion.htm

There are plenty of Muslims on Island so I would imagine Halal is available but you would be better advised by local knowledge .

zindage.rehman
30-07-2011, 10:36
Welcome to Forum !

You might find this link helpful

http://www.islamcanarias.com/localizacion.htm

There are plenty of Muslims on Island so I would imagine Halal is available but you would be better advised by local knowledge .

Thanks a lot for help.

bonitatime
30-07-2011, 19:03
There is a Halal supermarket in Adeje, a butchers near the Royal oak in Las Americas and I would be very surprised if there wasn't one in San Isidro too