PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 3rd August - Armada Sur meeting + CD Marino vs Tenerife

Fred Perry
30-07-2011, 10:24
WED 3rd AUG - 7.30pm

Armada Sur Annual meeting.
I will be in the Royal Oak from 6.30pm to collect season ticket money for re-newals (100€) and if anyone else needs information come down and I can help.
Memberships will also be available, the new t-shirts and membership cards (they come with membership)

Nothing too formal but main points of meeting;

1) Season tickets re-newals
2) Away trips
3) Benefit Concert on Aug 20th
4) Coach details - match against Las Palmas pre-season.

Followed by match CD Marino vs CD Tenerife. Kick off 8.30pm-Las Americas Stadium. I will attempt to get some cheaper tickets for group booking.

ARMADA SUR 1992
http://i56.tinypic.com/302s0nn.jpg

bonitatime
30-07-2011, 12:27
I would like a cheap ticket for the game but wont make the meeting.

redarrow
30-07-2011, 15:28
I have a new fund raising game to introduce as well, but I'll just do a few leaflets as I may only be able to go to the game.

Heffalumpy
30-07-2011, 23:58
I will be at the Royal Oak.. RD if you want me to take anything up lemme know

Fred Perry
04-08-2011, 09:47
CD Marino 2 CD Tenerife 1

Good turn out at the Oak before the game and top atmosphere. The game itself was a typical pre-season affair and to be honest from the distance you are behind the goal at the Las Americas Stadium you cannot see who the players are. Infact I think in the first half all 11 CDT players were new which excuses the ring-rusty nature of their game.
Second half was better(Tenerife brought on more of the main team) from a blanquiazul point of view and even though we lost 2-1 chances were created and the game should have been buried.
No problem in the defeat but there is still alot of work to do and another 5 players to sign.

http://i56.tinypic.com/20qbb69.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/1zfkis8.jpg

redarrow
04-08-2011, 10:21
Disappointing, but a difficult time for a completely new bunch of players to get something going.

More disappointing is the dangerous behaviour of the Frente with their effing flares.

bonitatime
04-08-2011, 11:36
They have a fair ammount of work to do to bring the team together but as Chris said the second half was better. It was a terrible shame the running track was damaged.

Fred Perry
04-08-2011, 11:57
They have a fair ammount of work to do to bring the team together but as Chris said the second half was better. It was a terrible shame the running track was damaged.

Yes, I agree it was a bit of a no-brainer to throw a flare on the running track (a patch melted :nono:). Apart from that I am a big fan of Pyro/smoke in the stadiums but detest it when fans launch them.
It is the Frente´s 25th anniversary (with the younger generation change that has taken place) and they want to make sure that they make their mark whenever CDT play this season.

Chayofa Tete
05-08-2011, 07:58
Yes, I agree it was a bit of a no-brainer to throw a flare on the running track (a patch melted :nono:). Apart from that I am a big fan of Pyro/smoke in the stadiums but detest it when fans launch them.
It is the Frente´s 25th anniversary (with the younger generation change that has taken place) and they want to make sure that they make their mark whenever CDT play this season.

I am sure we are still a big enough club to pay for the damage as CD Marino are only a small club obviously,that IMO is the right thing to do if you are the class act we hope we are.

canary boy
08-08-2011, 19:22
What a great evening (apart from me drinking to much) Great to see those young uns still very passionate about there club , funny friendly!!! Good luck to everyone for the coming season:jumping::jumping:

Fred Perry
08-08-2011, 22:53
Cheers, nice to see you all again. You did not see a proper representation of the Tenerife side for this season, which is a shame as it was the only game you could get to.
We may be down but the passion stays (even if a few holidaymakers were a bit taken aback as they came off the beach by the flares etc....ha ha. All good natured stuff though.
Good luck to the Canaries.

canary boy
09-08-2011, 10:15
Cheers Fred great to see you and the shop was great (Shame the car park is shut on the weekends, nightmare to park and let me know when you get that size in for my wifes CD Shirt) A guy was taking pics outside the royal oak any chance of seeing the pics? Also let me know which madrid based games you guys are going to so I can pre book a trip maybe,Thanks again and keep an eye out for the canaries 4.500 sold out going to wigan on sat!!

Added after 1 55 minutes: