PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Ladies Choir in Los Cristianos, Tenerife?

norjac
30-07-2011, 15:10
Does anyone know of a Ladies Choir in or near Los Cristianos please.:yum:

bonitatime
06-08-2011, 14:57
I an fairly sure there sin't one but you could contact the Angilcan church in San Eugenio and the other church in the Apollo centre.

norjac
06-08-2011, 20:55
Thanks ,very helpful.

Best regards Norma

Kande
06-08-2011, 23:03
Try Los Cristianos cultural centre, there was a singing group open to new members there last year.

Saltnpepper
15-08-2011, 12:30
Hi Norma, there is definitely a ladies choir in Los Cristianos although it's not running at the moment due to the summer holidays, it should start again sometime in September, but we don't have a fixed date yet. I've been a member for about 18 months now & we normally practise at the Cultural Centre twice a week Monday & Wednesday evenings from 7.30-8.30 pm. The choir's run by a Canarian lady called Cande (Candelaria) & members are multi-national - 2 or 3 English, French, German, Columbian, Argentinian, Chinese ... & a few local ladies too! We sing in Spanish, Latin, French, Italian, English ... some of the pieces we sing are formal choral pieces (eg. Ave Verum) & some are more Canarian traditional songs. We've performed in Los Cristianos church & also sung in Arona church as part of their service, but we're not a "church choir". There are only about 15 of us but we do need more people so please please come along & bring friends too. If you want to PM me with your email address, I can email you when I know the choir's starting again.

Saltnpepper
13-11-2011, 17:49
Does anyone know of a Ladies Choir in or near Los Cristianos please.:yum:

Norma, I posted some info about the choir in Los Cristianos for you back in July & said I'd let you know when the choir was starting again if you PM'd me with your email address. Had completely forgotten about you - but are you still interested in singing? We're desperate for members so please come & bring any of your friends who could be interested! Mondays & Wednesdays 7.30-8.30pm on the 1st floor in the Cultural Centre ... hope to see you there!

plantmoreseeds
18-02-2012, 04:33
Hello,

Is the choir running this year? If so, when and what time....?

Count me in if so:)

Saltnpepper
18-02-2012, 12:34
Hi, yes, the choir's running this year & we'd love you to come along! It's not a church choir - see my post above from 15-08-11 to see more info about it. We're desperate for members so please come & bring any of your friends who could be interested! We normally practice on Mondays & Wednesdays 7.30-8.30pm on the 1st floor in the Cultural Centre ... but this week, being Carnival, there's no rehearsal on Monday 20th & the Wednesday rehearsal will be starting at 7pm. We're currently rehearsing to sing 2 pieces in La Camella on Saturday 10th March so it would be great if you could come on Wednesday to start to practice for that. If you want, we can arrange to meet downstairs in the Cultural Centre so I can take you up to the room where we practice. Hope to see you there! PM me if you need any more info. VAL

plantmoreseeds
05-03-2012, 14:32
Hi,
Sorry l was not able to make it last week, l was hit with the flu, all recovered now and wanting to come along today, is the schedule back to the same time and place, today, Monday at 7.30-8.30pm, Los Cristianos Cultural Centre?
See you there if so.

Saltnpepper
06-03-2012, 00:13
Hi, glad you've recovered from your flu. I'm sorry I didn't pick up your message earlier but I wasn't on the PC. We are still practising on Mondays & Wednesdays 7.30-8.30pm in the Cultural Centre, Los Cristianos & would love to have you join us. We have a small concert this Saturday 10th March from 8pm-9pm in the new Civic Centre in La Camella - why don't you come along & see for yourself what we do? We need the support in any case! Let me know if you can make it ... or maybe see you on Wednesday? VAL : ))