PDA

View Full Version : Too much time online

caliente
30-07-2011, 22:04
For many of you who spend long hours online, this should be a very interesting read.
Perhaps we could all learn from this. :wink2:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-14350216

Malteser Monkey
30-07-2011, 22:26
Caliente por favor ! No pienso que nadia estas aqui tanto, como el !

getting a bit rusty hope that's bien !

did see that in the papers today !

DJ Dangerous
30-07-2011, 23:07
I'd need a forty hour day if I wanted to spend twelve hours gaming.

timmylish
30-07-2011, 23:11
Read this to-day. One thing which I make sure of, spending hours on my computer, is to get up every 30 minutes and of course make sure Yuiry Ivanovich gets his very regular walkies!

slodgedad
30-07-2011, 23:42
I spend a lot of time on line, as everyone knows, but to sit huddled over a computer hour in hour out is the same as sitting on a long haul flight and never moving but worse.

Long haul flights are occasional, whereas computer use can be daily.

Most people heed the long haul flight advice about moving round, stretching your legs etc., but think nothing of sitting in the same place, in the same posture without moving for hour upon hour.

As I previously stated, I spend a lot of time on line, between my mod duties and personal stuff, but always have a leg stretchy every so often.

I don't mean a stand up and sit down but a walk, or at least a 10 minute stand up every hour.

ruffus
30-07-2011, 23:47
Sound advice , my partner had a stroke in December, and has had thrombosis on his lung three weeks ago. He is retired, and does spend a lot of time at his computer. Maybe this could be one of the causes?

slodgedad
30-07-2011, 23:58
Sound advice , my partner had a stroke in December, and has had thrombosis on his lung three weeks ago. He is retired, and does spend a lot of time at his computer. Maybe this could be one of the causes?

My wife is a 7 month stroke victim and loves the internet.

The doctor told her it was fine, as it improves her mental awareness, but emphasized short sessions

caliente
31-07-2011, 16:10
The doctor is probably right and you should stick to what he says. I would have posted this much earlier but I'm enjoying my new found freedom away from my computer. It really is incredible how it can create such a huge social disconnect.eek2: