PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to get a parking place in Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife?

El Rico PL
04-06-2011, 23:32
Hi, friends of mine booked hotel there for 14 days (Hotel Chimisay) and they asked me today where there can park a car. Hmm I said on the street looking for one and loosing your holiday time. But I checked and found place called Piramides Martianez and there are parking spaces. I am wondering if they rent parking spaces? How much can cost 14 days or even if they dont rent how much cost 1,2,4,8,24h of stay there? Maybe you know better places for park where you dont need spend hours to find one. As close as possible the hotel.

Thanks,

ps. I said ask me before you decide to book. Now parking space will cost more than better hotel with free parking. This is how people save money, heh.

with cheese
04-06-2011, 23:36
There is an underground car park in the town centre that is reasonable and the big open car park that backs on to the beach, to the left of the port. If you use the later you must make sure there are no events as you may get towed.

Harmonicaman
04-06-2011, 23:45
Tell him to park where he sees "Vado Permanente". That way the Grua will watch his car for him...

El Rico PL
04-06-2011, 23:47
There is an underground car park in the town centre that is reasonable and the big open car park that backs on to the beach, to the left of the port. If you use the later you must make sure there are no events as you may get towed.

can you point me over google maps where is the underground parking spaces? Maybe prices also? 1 underground is in the center Piramides Martianez. Is there 2nd one?

Added after 4 minutes:

Tell him to park where he sees "Vado Permanente". That way the Grua will watch his car for him...

Hehe yes 140Euro per day ;) I will let them know about the option

Harmonicaman
04-06-2011, 23:59
Here's the open air one (http://*******/maps/Vpvm)

El Rico PL
05-06-2011, 00:22
Here's the open air one (http://*******/maps/Vpvm)

Harmonicaman You are the man today !!! Thank You very very much !!!
I understand that this one is free of charge and car can stay at night, yes?
How about events? How they can check if there will be any events? Any chance to get that information? From police?

El Rico PL
05-06-2011, 00:30
You are the man today !!! Thank You very very much for very usefull information.
I understand that the parking space is free of charge and they can keep car during a night.
What about events that they might have car towed? How They can check that? Over Police Station?

Are there any events between 7-21August ?

Megaloo
05-06-2011, 09:44
The open car park at the harbour would be nearer I think for the hotel than the pyramides also it is free.

If there is something going on in the lower end one can usually drive into it from the other end and park at the top bit.
There is also the underground car park Europa but that is not cheap, I am not sure about a season ticket for two weeks, I will try to find out.

with cheese
05-06-2011, 09:46
You are the man today !!! Thank You very very much for very usefull information.
I understand that the parking space is free of charge and they can keep car during a night.
What about events that they might have car towed? How They can check that? Over Police Station?

Are there any events between 7-21August ?

Be very careful HM is a part time traffic warden in pdlc

El Rico PL
05-06-2011, 10:10
The open car park at the harbour would be nearer I think for the hotel than the pyramides also it is free.

If there is something going on in the lower end one can usually drive into it from the other end and park at the top bit.
There is also the underground car park Europa but that is not cheap, I am not sure about a season ticket for two weeks, I will try to find out.

Thanks I would appreciate that.

Megaloo
05-06-2011, 14:24
Thanks I would appreciate that.

I asked a friend who parks in the Europa everyday but has a yearly permit so much cheaper. He seems to think the daily charge is about 15 Euros for 24 hrs which is a reduction on the normal charges but still would work out a lot if you stay for 15 days or so.

Rickiebear
10-06-2011, 17:12
Hi, there is plenty of room at the harbour car park, and easy to walk into town from there.