PDA

View Full Version : It's a Beautiful Day in Tenerife

doreen
31-07-2011, 10:16
Ah ... Sundays ... later start, strong mug of coffee & some fruit, followed by a stroll with my large ball of fluff, aka Red, the Chow ... gorgeous morning ... how is your Sunday going ?

Angusjim
31-07-2011, 10:31
Ah ... Sundays ... later start, strong mug of coffee & some fruit, followed by a stroll with my large ball of fluff, aka Red, the Chow ... gorgeous morning ... how is your Sunday going ?

Absolutely great been in the office since 6.45am trying to make sense of architect drawings :dontknow:was raining when I left home but is brightning up now. On my 4th cup of Redbush looking forward to pub around 4.00pm:trink:

Harmonicaman
31-07-2011, 10:33
I'm just getting ready to go out for a wee run in the car. Don't know where yet, usually just follow the bonnet and see where we end up.:)

Angusjim
31-07-2011, 10:38
I'm just getting ready to go out for a wee run in the car. Don't no where yet, usually just follow the bonnet and see where we end up.:)

HM head up to Glenesk and have a look at The Retreat Folk Museum ( sorry I missed you in Glenisla )

Harmonicaman
31-07-2011, 10:43
HM head up to Glenesk and have a look at The Retreat Folk Museum ( sorry I missed you in Glenisla )
Is it open on a Sunday Jim?

Angusjim
31-07-2011, 10:47
Is it open on a Sunday Jim?

From midday till 8pm www.gleneskretreat.co.uk

AL JAY
31-07-2011, 10:50
Im on my 2nd cup of tea and the sun is shining through the patio doors,and i've just had a txt inviting me for Sunday roast in a country pub in Halsall from my son and his wife,Sundays are ace:coffee:

caroletenerife
31-07-2011, 10:54

Hows the weather in the glens this morning x

Angusjim
31-07-2011, 10:56

A bit cloudy but sun is trying to break through:)

sgd
31-07-2011, 10:58
Had a nice leisurely breakfast and now going to take Oscar the Boxer for a walk and then stroll down to Restaurante Margarita in Los Cristianos for one of their lovely coffees and watch the F1 - a good day indeed!

Pink shoes
31-07-2011, 11:26
Good morning all.

Here in Hampshire the sun is bright and getting hotter as the day goes on.

Cleaned the bathroom as part of getting up

I had breakfast on the patio wile reading the Sunday mail kind oh fetched. Mean wile the washing machine was doing the house keeping and cleaning the clothes.
Our large dog thought it was quite rude of the neighbours wanting to get something from their shed and barked accordingly. The neighbour said "hello chip".

Washed the dishes and dried the cutlery.

Came on here as it is kind of addictive, but now I am off to hang clothes on the line with the help of the large dog. He always likes to walk down the garden path first to make sure it is safe for his owner.

I might even have a second coffee wile sitting in a sun lounger wile I am there. We need to make the most of the sun wile we can. You folk in Tenerife can send us all in the UK a wish you were here card with pool view.

More choirs...need to read the meters today and enter the numbers on line. My SP fuel goes up in price at midnight. Every one looks after the pennies and the euro's will look after themselves or more trips to sunny Tenerife.:airplane:

caroletenerife
31-07-2011, 11:31
Watching Alan Titchmarsh so its DEFINATELY time to take the dog out before it get too hot.. House work then work in the bar, have a nice Sunday everybody x

Peterrayner
31-07-2011, 11:40
Sun shining in Leeds today and I am still purring from the lovely meal my daughter cooked last night A Levi Roots Jamacian Curry - Martinique Coconut Sauce Chicken Curry.

Repaying her with a day out to a BBQ at the Weetwood Hall Hotel with Free archery classes thrown in.

junglejim
31-07-2011, 11:46
Dog walked , HD Box set up for Grand Prix , Footie on as well, Ayrshire clouds gathering for rain - pub or house for Footie?- decisions decisions!
A nice lazy Sunday ahead !

YOUNG GOLFER
31-07-2011, 11:58
Odd jobs around the house......make lunch for the family then a little stroll today before tonights Paddle Tennis match.

Don't know if any of you guys have played this game but not only is it good fun playing with friends but a great way to keep fit.

dede
31-07-2011, 12:21
Today is a special day for me as we have been married for 40 years today, I had no idea that i would end up living in Tenerife the day we got married so im just relaxing and thinking back over the years now before we go out for our special meal tonight.

YOUNG GOLFER
31-07-2011, 12:24
Today is a special day for me as we have been married for 40 years today, I had no idea that i would end up living in Tenerife the day we got married so im just relaxing and thinking back over the years now before we go out for our special meal tonight.

Congratulations dede........i am hope you both have a great day.

Angusjim
31-07-2011, 12:26
Odd jobs around the house......make lunch for the family then a little stroll today before tonights Paddle Tennis match.

Don't know if any of you guys have played this game but not only is it good fun playing with friends but a great way to keep fit.

This is a family forum :wow::whistle:

canarybird
31-07-2011, 12:32
Happy Anniversary Dede!

Well it's been a lovely morning here in Puerto de la Cruz. I managed to sleep in an extra hour today, then did my daily weather report for the Weather North thread. Put my cats outside and fed them and the birds. Tidied the kitchen, put on a wash, hung out another one and am now enjoying my second cup of coffee.

It's clouding over now but the shade temperature is already over 25°C, and there's a nice little breeze.

We've been eating salads all week so it's time for something else today. I'm going to puré a thick vegetable and smoked ham soup I made two days ago, and we'll have that with garlic croutons, a little wild rice and teriyaki pork tenderloin afterwards. Then a siesta and a glance at the latest HOLA! :)

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Tenerife-North-Weather-2/i-MP4rq4v/0/M/P1090787-jul-31-am-M.jpg

Canarybird

AL JAY
31-07-2011, 12:39

Congratulations dede, hope you both have a great day :party4::cheers2:

MaxineC
31-07-2011, 13:22
Only crawled out of bed 45mins ago, but after 4 days my headache has finally gone... Hoorah! Another quiet day around the house, hoping to go back to work next week so don't want to do anything that may jeopardise that.

Many congratulations Dede, 40 years of marriage is definitely cause for celebration... :)

Suej
31-07-2011, 13:28
Congratulations from me too! I hope you have a lovely day and evening with OH! :suffocatekiss:

Goforgold
31-07-2011, 13:32

Congratulations Dede - have a lovely day with your OH :)

imablue
31-07-2011, 13:51
Happy Ruby Anniversary to you both...
hope you have a great day .....enjoy ....

captain jack sparrow
31-07-2011, 14:10
Happy anniversary Dede.
Im at home today looking after my youngest while my other two girls are competing in a freestyle dance competition at doncaster, Just had a text to say, Kyra, my middle daughter has won the rock and roll section, which is fab news as she has just got her foot out of plaster cast three weeks ago after braking it on her bike. Well, suppose ill have to make dinner and take jodie to the park. Nice and sunny here today in the lake district.

LeFrunk
31-07-2011, 14:15
Congratulations Dede , enjoy your day out .
Can anyone tell me what 30yrs of marriage is , ie 40 is Ruby . Thanks .

MaxineC
31-07-2011, 14:18
Congratulations Dede , enjoy your day out .
Can anyone tell me what 30yrs of marriage is , ie 40 is Ruby . Thanks .

Pearl I think...

Added after 3 minutes:

Just done a quick Google check, and yes it is pearl... Full list can be found Here (http://www.happy-anniversary.com/year-of-marriage/index.html)

Suej
31-07-2011, 14:40
Happy anniversary Dede.
Im at home today looking after my youngest while my other two girls are competing in a freestyle dance competition at doncaster, Just had a text to say, Kyra, my middle daughter has won the rock and roll section, which is fab news as she has just got her foot out of plaster cast three weeks ago after braking it on her bike. Well, suppose ill have to make dinner and take jodie to the park. Nice and sunny here today in the lake district.

Thatīs lovely to hear that Kyra did so well! thatīs what you call a little fighter! Well done to her Capīn Jack!:jumping:

captain jack sparrow
31-07-2011, 14:55
Thatīs lovely to hear that Kyra did so well! thatīs what you call a little fighter! Well done to her Capīn Jack!:jumping:

Thanks suej, iv'e never seen her so down in the dumps as when she couldn't dance, she just lives for it, She was actually hobbling about for a week after she fell off her bike because the doc said it was just badly bruised, Took her for a x-ray and found she had broken a bone on the top of her foot, I was chuffed to hear she had won, three more dances to go, solo, pairs and street dance, fingers crossed..

Just heard that Adele my eldest and her dance partner have just won the pairs final, Great day for the sparrows up to now :c2: :c2:

Harmonicaman
31-07-2011, 20:33

A bit cloudy but sun is trying to break through:)

We went up to GlenEsk Jim, as you say a bit cloudy but it was dry. Had something to eat at the Retreat and looked round the museum then drove on to Invermark where we parked the car and walked up past the castle and the lodge to old Kirkton right on the edge of the loch. Nice peaceful place.:) I'm always amazed at the amount of people who park their car then walk to the other side of the road to look at a stream or some such, then proceed to get the folding chairs out and have a packed lunch using the car boot as a table. They won't see too much of the country that way...:(