PDA

View Full Version : I need one of these Flags... Could someone bring one over to Tenerife for me?

YOUNG GOLFER
31-07-2011, 12:54
Seen fred Perry with one last year and think it's great when watching CDT play footie...ok we might not be Canarian but it shows our support and love for the same team.

UNION JACK (BLUE) GREAT BRITAIN FLAG

http://www.theflagshop.co.uk/union-jack-blue-great-britain-flag-642-p.asp

And before you guys EVEN think about posting anything i don't want the Pink one.

So if anyone could get one before they next come over then that would be great.

primrose
31-07-2011, 13:48
Seen fred Perry with one last year and think it's great when watching CDT play footie...ok we might not be Canarian but it shows our support and love for the same team.

And before you guys EVEN think about posting anything i don't want the Pink one.

They deliver to Spain.

LeFrunk
31-07-2011, 14:01

Hi YG , im over on the 10th Aug so if you want one over it wouldnt be a problem , let me know .

YOUNG GOLFER
31-07-2011, 15:20
They deliver to Spain.

Thanks primrose but NOT into buying stuff over the internet...however a kind member is bringing one over for me....

thanks LeFrunk.

Fred Perry
01-08-2011, 10:26
Yeah, nice flag the blue Union Jack.
One thing we have always wanted to veer away from is being known as a "British Fan club of CD Tenerife". There are many different nationalities in the Armada Sur (German, French, Irish, Canarian etc) We are an International Fan Club and if people want to fly their national flag at games feel free.

For me the flag represents that we are different and it refers to the type of support we are. Most of us are British but the flag has no political connotations.

Chayofa Tete
01-08-2011, 13:01
Couldn't agree more what we want is to remain all inclusive,the important thing is we are all CDT Supporters

KirstyJay
01-08-2011, 14:30
Thanks primrose but NOT into buying stuff over the internet...however a kind member is bringing one over for me....

thanks LeFrunk.
I'm happy to buy a couple over the net and give you one when it's delivered... postage is 2€ regardless of the number of flags. I like them too :)

Andy Woolley
07-08-2011, 10:10
For me the flag represents that we are different and it refers to the type of support we are. Most of us are British but the flag has no political connotations.

For me bringing the "Draig Goch" Welsh flag to matches is an indication that the team has support from all over the place. It must have one of the most, if not the most, international fan bases of any "ordinary" club i.e. not one that the glory hunters go for and support without ever seeing them play.

Fred Perry
07-08-2011, 13:22
Well said Andy. Ofcourse the other one is Malaga CF and this season they remarkably have 4,500 British season ticket holders (Malaga have 28,000 in total). As many know Malaga are the new Man.City of Spain as they were taken over by a Sheik last year. They have many new fans that have jumped on the bandwagon but the original Guiri Army of Malaga has stuck with it through their bad times. We have been in a sort of competition with Malaga over the years to see who has the biggest "Guiri Army" (Foriegner Fan Club) and I am going to have to conceed defeat, for now. But we have the quality! I am not sure if the Malaguistas would have stuck with it if they were in the 2nd B like the Armada Sur have, we are growing despite two relegations!

http://i52.tinypic.com/2hqv7u0.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/zk495g.jpg

Harmonicaman
07-08-2011, 13:33
For me bringing the "Draig Goch" Welsh flag to matches is an indication that the team has support from all over the place. It must have one of the most, if not the most, international fan bases of any "ordinary" club i.e. not one that the glory hunters go for and support without ever seeing them play.

That's purely because of a geographical accident. You happen to live in a multi-racial ex-pat community due to the climate and CDT Tenerife is the only team to support. Think about it.:)

canarianchicken
07-08-2011, 13:48
What a fabulous selection!

YOUNG GOLFER
12-08-2011, 18:53
I'm happy to buy a couple over the net and give you one when it's delivered... postage is 2€ regardless of the number of flags. I like them too :)

Well happy just got me Flag thanks very much.........:D

KirstyJay
12-08-2011, 19:12
Well happy just got me Flag thanks very much.........:DWell, you could have replied to my offer!!! :mad:

YOUNG GOLFER
12-08-2011, 19:29
Well, you could have replied to my offer!!! :mad:

Sorry darling but to be honest i never looked closely enough til now your avatar is almost the same as LeFrunk i thought it was his post.......:) but thank you all the same.