PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm having a problem with my car alarm.

jolfc
31-07-2011, 16:22
i have had my mazda ts2 for 4 years and this has never happened, but the car alarm just keeps going off, there is no one near it and it is not windy, started about 2 hours ago and the neighbours are getting annoyed now. can anyone tell me if i lock the car manually will this stop it happening as i am pulling my hair out now, :cry::cry::cry::mad::mad:also any car buffs who might know why this is happening, many thanks in advance for any help. i dont want to have to stay up all night to keep turning it off, lol.

Ashro Autos
31-07-2011, 17:31
Sounds like you have something drawing voltage from your battery which will trigger alarm or your battery could be on its way out.

Vortex Wake
31-07-2011, 17:53
Some car alarms have a built in battery , some will alert you that this inbuilt battery is faulty by going off at odd times.

Also, contact switches in bonnet and doors can become faulty causing alarm faults.

Sunlight on interior sonic sensors can cause faults.

I had my alarm go faulty in my van - I took it off and chucked it at the back of the garage and shut the door so it could carry on making a noise by itself until flat.

jolfc
31-07-2011, 18:02
Thank you both for your help. I have managed to disarm it with a button on my key fob, phew was worried about tonight, lol. Will I need to take it to be looked at by the garage .?

Suej
31-07-2011, 18:16
Thank you both for your help. I have managed to disarm it with a button on my key fob, phew was worried about tonight, lol. Will I need to take it to be looked at by the garage .?

I would get it looked at jolfc...You donīt want a baseball bat hurled your way!:wow: