PDA

View Full Version : Is it colder in north Tenerife than the south in the summer?

1992dean
31-07-2011, 18:35
Hi
i am going on holiday on thursday to Puerto de la cruz, i am really looking forward to it and have all my shorts etc packed but people have told me it is cold compared to the south and i may want warmmer clothes?
Can you tell me what it is like please?
Weather wise etc

Thanks very much

Zara
31-07-2011, 18:39
It may be cooler and wetter in the winter but this time of the year you are only talking about a degree or two. It can be cloudier but you may be glad of that especially with temperatures as they have been this weekend. Phew!!!

1992dean
31-07-2011, 18:42
Thank you, as i am coming for 3 weeks from thursday so shorts is good?

As long as the weather is better than the UK im happy

Is Puerto de la cruz nice

Thanks

Zara
31-07-2011, 18:48
It depends what you are looking for in a holiday. Generally Puerto is geared to the mature holidaymaker with it's gardens and squares where you can sit and watch the world go by. However in the summer months it is very very lively with youngsters, if you fall into this category then make sure you start your evening close to midnight otherwise you may think everyone is in bed and that is far from true :D

Ecky Thump
31-07-2011, 18:49

Thanks
Relax and enjoy your holidays, Puerto de la Cruz is lovely, the sea front is great for walking along with a array of cafes and bars along its length, the Plaza del Charco is a lovely setting for a meal or a snack and nearby you will find entertainment and if you are lucky some some street entertainers.

Suej
31-07-2011, 18:51

Thanks
Have a look at this thread! itīs excellent and the photos are brilliant! Enjoy your holiday:sunburn:
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?4936-Current-weather-in-North-Tenerife-posted-by-forum-members-July-2011&highlight=weather+North+Tenerife

slodgedad
31-07-2011, 18:54
Take a look HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?4936-Current-weather-in-North-Tenerife-posted-by-forum-members-July-2011)

1992dean
31-07-2011, 18:55
You have all got me excited now, i may be a teenager but me and my girlfriend dont drink so i think it being quiet will suit us very well, looking forward to it
Is there buses to the south as there is a water park etc in playa de las americas

Thanks again

MaxineC
31-07-2011, 19:01
Yes there is a regular bus service, but you will also be able to buy a trip to the Siam Park that also includes transport. I highly recommend the Loro Parque, which is in Puerto, and the same owners have the Siam Park, so you can buy a twin ticket which gives you a discount.

Have fun! ;)

Ecky Thump
31-07-2011, 19:11
You also have a Lido on the seafront, which is a large sea water complex with fountains, there is a admission charge to get in, but is well worth spending a day there.

Megaloo
31-07-2011, 23:09
You also have a Lido on the seafront, which is a large sea water complex with fountains, there is a admission charge to get in, but is well worth spending a day there.

This is lovely especially this time of year just lay and relax. But also most hotels have lovely swimming pools. Extremely hot today !!

tracy hampshire
01-08-2011, 07:53
puerto is a lovely town, there are lots of cheap cafes & bars, away from the seafront, the lido is about 3.50 euros for the day which includes a sun lounger, you can come and go from there as you like just show your ticket to get back in, the discos & clubs usually open about midnight & are much busier at the weekends, the bus service is excelent, so it's a good base for exploring, there are some pretty places further up the coast like icod de los vinos & garachico, also regular services to santa cruz & the south, the girl at the information desk at the bus station speaks english and is very helpful, hope you enjoy your stay.

1992dean
01-08-2011, 10:33
Thank you everyone, this is truely a good forum
I have alot more information now

Goforgold
01-08-2011, 10:38
Thank you everyone, this is truely a good forum
I have alot more information now

That's good, enjoy your holiday. ;)