PDA

View Full Version : Finally moved house! La Escalona is a beautiful place!

Apollo
01-08-2011, 09:50
Well we finally made the move even higher!
Now we are living in La Escalona and love it! I prefer it to everywhere I have lived here to date. We have a lovely little community of people up here, the pets are happy and the house is great.
It is such a shame that so many people, tourists etc dont venture up out of the "main areas" a little bit as there are some wonderful places to eat, drink, walk and relax up here.
New favourite bar/restaurants include El Nogal - possibly the prettiest place I have ever seen. It is a rural hotel/bar/restaurant and you dont mind paying an extra euro for your drink when you are sat there.
Also La Barrica is a great bar which kind of reminds us of an old monestry. Food is reasonable and good and their own wine goes down very well.

So, all in all LOVING our new place! Bring on the winter though, ha ha ha!

Malteser Monkey
01-08-2011, 09:58
How's about a few scenic pics please. Have forgotten what the place looks like, can't remember the last time I was up that way !

Anyway congrats hope you will be very happy there !

Goforgold
01-08-2011, 09:59
Congratulations on your move Apollo - wishing you only good fortune and happiness. :)

mamamaz
01-08-2011, 11:08
Hi - would love to see some pictures too - sounds a lovely place.

Malteser Monkey
01-08-2011, 11:33
Hi - would love to see some pictures too - sounds a lovely place.

yup the views must be fantastic !

KirstyJay
01-08-2011, 12:45
I lived in la escalona for over 2 years before we bought our house in chio. We used to live just up the road from el nogal, before they built all the new houses. It was a little finca with a bodega and nothing to spoil the view. Lovely. :)

In winter it gets cold, so get yourself a lecky blanket!

There used to be a lovely restaurant in Ifonche just down the road. Can't remember the name now, but there are 2 opposite each other and it was the one on the left that looks really rustic.

doreen
01-08-2011, 12:47
I lived in la escalona for over 2 years before we bought our house in chio. We used to live just up the road from el nogal, before they built all the new houses. It was a little finca with a bodega and nothing to spoil the view. Lovely. :)

There used to be a lovely restaurant in Ifonche just down the road. Can't remember the name now, but there are 2 opposite each other and it was the one on the left that looks really rustic.

There's a lecky blanket for sale on here somewhere too !

Sounds an ideal new home - how are the ducks & chickens fitting in :)

KirstyJay
01-08-2011, 14:23
Are you in the little community half way between escalona and vilaflor? It's nice there. There's a pool and BBQ and allotments. Lovely :)

EDIT > Here's the blanket :

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?7320-For-sale-in-Tenerife-double-electric-blanket&highlight=blanket

Apollo
01-08-2011, 14:50
Thanks everyone, will get onto those piccies as well. Its a cracking day for it today!
The ducks and chickens love it and the dogs I have never seen happier. We walk them in amongst the vineyards and fruit trees. There are bee hives as well not far from us.
The pool and bbq sounds great KJ, we are a bit below that I think, I will have to go on a hunt though! I know the ifonche restaurant you mean, been threre a few times actually. Its a beautiful place.
Right, off to look at the leccy blanket and take some piccies :)

timmylish
02-08-2011, 01:39
You had better get your gas bottles organised soon. Come October you,ll need them on in the evenings!

Jackie
02-08-2011, 07:45
I hope you are all very happy in your new home, at least the winter won't come as a shock to you and you will know what to expect. I have a friend who lives up there and he experiences pretty much what we do here in the winter, except for the fact your house will now be in the middle of the clouds a couple of minutes before mine haha

carpenter
02-08-2011, 11:25

All 26 of those new houses have actually been read their last rights and are due for demolition in a couple of months and so our view of the mountains will be restored to us but so will the cold wind from the North. It's a terrible shame for those who had bought them (one person had bought 6 or 7 of them)