PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to get rid of a mouse thats in my house in Tenerife?

max
01-08-2011, 12:48
I have discovered mouse droppings in a cupboard in the kitchen where I keep the dog biscuits. Its makes sense now as the dog barked in the middle of the night, he must have seen the mouse. Does anyone know the best way, that's humane, to get rid of my unwanted guest?

anegib
01-08-2011, 12:51
You can buy mouse traps or put special pellets down you get them from the fereteria [ironmongers]

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 13:07
We've been having similar problems. Got some mouse traps from the ferreteria that kill them instantly, but no blood & guts :eek: They come in packs of 2 and work very well... Caught one having a cool down in the pool the other week, but have yet to find a trap that works in water! ;)

Tom & Sharon
01-08-2011, 13:08
You can buy mouse traps or put special pellets down you get them from the fereteria [ironmongers]

If you use a mouse trap,you need to ensure that the bait (preferably chocolate) is glued down on the base with a spot of superglue or the mouse may be able to move it off without setting the trap off. (Honestly,they are crafty blighters)
Also ensure the bait trap is at the very end of the trigger wire.
Ensure you make a 'run' in the cupboard so the mouse has only one way to travel which takes it towards to mouse trap.
I once set a trap under our kitchen sink with chocolate bait for a mouse and the mouse triggered it within 10mins, Job done!! :heyhey:

Tom :tiphat:

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 13:11
The ones I got have a type of substance on that attracts them... when that wore off I put a bit of pate on, at least their last meal was a tasty one ;)

Malteser Monkey
01-08-2011, 13:18
The ones I got have a type of substance on that attracts them... when that wore off I put a bit of pate on, at least their last meal was a tasty one ;)

Brussels or Mushroom ?

dokgolf
01-08-2011, 13:52
We had a mouse about 5 years ago. We bought 2 of those "sonic" mouse repeller gismos. We haven't had a problem since. My family also has a holiday home. We also put them in there.... again, problem solved!

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 15:23
Brussels or Mushroom ?

Duck.... :) (I mean the pate, not that you need to duck ;))

We had a mouse about 5 years ago. We bought 2 of those "sonic" mouse repeller gismos. We haven't had a problem since. My family also has a holiday home. We also put them in there.... again, problem solved!

Are they ok to use with dogs... don't want them scared off ;)

max
01-08-2011, 18:05
I'd like to say a big" thank you" to all the advise I had. I went to Cris Abora, bought a plastic mouse trap. Put on a piece of chocolate ( I didn't have to super glue it as its so hot at the moment, it melted and stuck to it. I then went for a walk and came back, and lets just say I now have a corpse in my cupboard. Just need to have a large glass of wine before I think about disposing of the body.

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 18:13
Do it without looking... when I saw it's flat head, and open eyes I felt really mean... :(

dokgolf
01-08-2011, 18:38
Duck.... :) (I mean the pate, not that you need to duck ;))

Are they ok to use with dogs... don't want them scared off ;)

As far as I know, they operate on a different frequency to that in a dog's range of hearing. Not 100% sure about this, but, it doesn't stop my neighbour's dog coming into the house.

Stoney
01-08-2011, 21:04
Should have bought a cat, let it catch the mouse, then let your dog play with the cat

Suej
01-08-2011, 22:46
A mouse? where? there on the stair! :twak:

Jackie
01-08-2011, 22:55
Do it without looking... when I saw it's flat head, and open eyes I felt really mean... :(

Horrible but it did make me laugh:D:D

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 23:00
Horrible but it did make me laugh:D:D

It looked like something out of a Tom & Jerry cartoon... :( Rigormortis set in really quickly too, so it's tail was stiff, I was sure it was only pretending to be dead, but then thought nothing could survive with such a flat head...

Andy0210
01-08-2011, 23:04
The mouse traps that Maxine is talking about are called Supercat, they are about 5€ for two in most ferreterias, they are pre-baited you just take a little cap off and they are fantastic, and also reusable, and to dispose of the mouse you just press the trap open and drop it in the bin and set it again ready for the next one.

Jackie
01-08-2011, 23:07
It looked like something out of a Tom & Jerry cartoon... :( Rigormortis set in really quickly too, so it's tail was stiff, I was sure it was only pretending to be dead, but then thought nothing could survive with such a flat head...

haha...so it thought to itself 'I will flatten my head so Max thinks I'm dead, then when she has let me out of this trap I will re-shape it'. I bet that's what it did and then jumped in your pool just to P you off ;)

MaxineC
01-08-2011, 23:25
The mouse traps that Maxine is talking about are called Supercat, they are about 5€ for two in most ferreterias, they are pre-baited you just take a little cap off and they are fantastic, and also reusable, and to dispose of the mouse you just press the trap open and drop it in the bin and set it again ready for the next one.

They're the ones... thanks for that ;)

haha...so it thought to itself 'I will flatten my head so Max thinks I'm dead, then when she has let me out of this trap I will re-shape it'. I bet that's what it did and then jumped in your pool just to P you off ;)

I think that's exactly what happened, Jackie.... :D

KirstyJay
01-08-2011, 23:29
I can rent you use of my bloke plus his lethal flip flop for 5€ an hour :D

cainaries
01-08-2011, 23:40

These are definitely the best and kill the mice which the cats bring in .. alive ... and let go .. alive ... then go wandering off to their food bowls (both the cats and the mice). There are large sized ones for XXL mice (aka rats).