PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to record a TV program?

Cruise
01-08-2011, 20:01
Hi all,

Can someone please teach me how to record a TV program ...Which is the simpliest, easiest to use. recording system to buy ...

timmylish
02-08-2011, 01:01
Hi all,

Can someone please teach me how to record a TV program ...Which is the simpliest, easiest to use. recording system to buy ...

Agh. I,ve been on here trying to get some advice on this already. I use a VPN what are you using as all UK TV programmes are encrypted to stop what you want to do since digital tv came along. If you are on Windows 7 then d/l something called Realdownloader may do the trick. Best of luck!

chocaholic
02-08-2011, 09:17
DVD HD RECORDER ONE BUTTON IT RECORDS THOUSANDS OF HOURS. No videos to mess about. we got one and record a lot more as so simple and no messing about. got ours at electrocris. records straight to hd.

junglejim
02-08-2011, 09:42
The problem with DVD recorders now is the newer ones only record Digital TV - unless you have a dual tuner which will record analogue as well you may not be able to record UK satellite programmes that are fed out as analogue signals .
Unfortunately dual tuners are more expensive in Tenerife .

timmylish
02-08-2011, 15:32
Aye Jim. It may be difficult to know, in advance, whether a programme will go out analogue or digital.

Cruise
02-08-2011, 20:41
DVD HD RECORDER ONE BUTTON IT RECORDS THOUSANDS OF HOURS. No videos to mess about. we got one and record a lot more as so simple and no messing about. got ours at electrocris. records straight to hd.

Sounds perfect for me.....Whar is the make and model no. you got....and how much did it cost....Big thanks in advance.....Smile

junglejim
02-08-2011, 20:51
Aye Jim. It may be difficult to know, in advance, whether a programme will go out analogue or digital.

On our complex the communal Sky British programs( and some German , Italian and Russian) are relayed via an analogue system and the Spanish TV is digital along same cable - I can record the analogue on my DVD recorder as it does analogue but I would have to divert the Spanish Digital signal via my set top box (which is analogue output) to my DVD recorder .
My neighbour bought a dual tuner ( Sony) from Electrocris but cost over €300 last year .

Cruise
04-08-2011, 18:27
Does anyone understand this :

DVD HD RECORDER ONE BUTTON IT RECORDS THOUSANDS OF HOURS

How does it record thousands of hours, don¨t you have to put a DVD disk in and depends on the time of that disk....really want to record TV programs but not really understanding it, and an idea of price would help..........Yes, I can go to the shops but they are good sellers and could probably talk us into an old model.... rather buy a recommended model that is very easy to use...

captain jack sparrow
04-08-2011, 18:32
sky + is the easiest way to record tv, touch one button and its recording, even if your watching another channel, you can also pause and rewind the channel your watching without recording it. simples.

Cruise
04-08-2011, 18:39
sky + is the easiest way to record tv, touch one button and its recording, even if your watching another channel, you can also pause and rewind the channel your watching without recording it. simples.

Thanks, but want to record Spanish TV series and English ones from Digital +

I assume sky+ is not a recording system I can buy and pay once , it is a sattelite TV channels here in Tenerife where you pay monthly.....and will record sky TV....Please correct me if I am wrong... smile

chocaholic
04-08-2011, 19:11
The problem with DVD recorders now is the newer ones only record Digital TV - unless you have a dual tuner which will record analogue as well you may not be able to record UK satellite programmes that are fed out as analogue signals .
Unfortunately dual tuners are more expensive in Tenerife .We can record sky And csti bbc system on dvd hd recorder both of which are set up as analogue. It is a samsung hd dvd recorder

Added after 3 minutes:

Sounds perfect for me.....Whar is the make and model no. you got....and how much did it cost....Big thanks in advance.....Smilewe got samsung Dvd sh 897 think it was about 429 euros from electrocris. There was same one with smaller hd cheaper but we decided get bigger hd. Havent used it but u can also record from hd to dvd and dvd to hd. I lOve it as now recorded loadsa films by pressing one button my oh wud never watch!

Added after 2 minutes:

I know seems lot to pay but worth it as no video tapes to get chewed. Cant state enough u press record button thats it!

junglejim
04-08-2011, 19:20
Thanks, but want to record Spanish TV series and English ones from Digital +

I assume sky+ is not a recording system I can buy and pay once , it is a satelite TV channels here in Tenerife where you pay monthly.....and will record sky TV....Please correct me if I am wrong... smile
Go to Electrocris in El Camison- they have an extensive range of HDD recorders ( with different sizes of hard drives ) a 160GB will record about 350 hrs of good quality recording - bigger drive more time.
Cost around €200 for a reasonable system - assistants all speak good English and have reasonable technical knowledge- ask for a demo to be sure it´s what you want .

Here is a UK example - similiar can be bought in Electrocris
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-RD329DTKB-320GB-Recorder-Freeview/dp/B002U0KBY8/ref=br_lf_m_1000360843_1_2_img?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&pf_rd_p=225367887&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000360843&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=07TTFKVXRRYS1C3WP5F9

chocaholic
05-08-2011, 09:27
Just checked receipt and it was 246 euros for the samsung one we bought and this was one with bigger hd (got other bits same time hence 400 on my mind).