PDA

View Full Version : Fines of up to 10,000 euros for Employing workers "on the black"

Goldenmaniac
02-08-2011, 11:03
From today the fine for employing someone "off the books" has gone up to between 3126 euros up to a maximum of 10,000 euros
in English
http://newsinthesun.com/?p=5095

I suspect this will be flavour of the month for a while!

tonypub
02-08-2011, 11:10
From today the fine for employing someone "off the books" has gone up to between 3126 euros up to a maximum of 10,000 euros
in English

I suspect this will be flavour of the month for a while!great news,that will be the death of the 1 euro pint:laugh:

carpenter
02-08-2011, 11:16
Blood from Stone springs to mind

junglejim
02-08-2011, 11:17
in English

I suspect this will be flavour of the month for a while!

Is this going to go the same way as "The Illegal Letting" saga and employers discarding all their illegal hard working , underpaid staff and re-employing them on a living wage with proper social ?

tonypub
02-08-2011, 11:23
many only get a living wage because there not on the social.many will lose there jobs as costs rise for employers.prices will have to rise for those playing safe.

9PLUS
02-08-2011, 16:33
Wasn't this announced as being € 30000 no discount some months back?

sleepy
02-08-2011, 16:56
Is this going to go the same way as "The Illegal Letting" saga and employers discarding all their illegal hard working , underpaid staff and re-employing them on a living wage with proper social ?

Oh,you mean like on a 1/2 working contract and still working 40 hours plus per week? ;)

bonitatime
03-08-2011, 16:02
Those with business what do you think about this.
I am anti ilegal working. I can't live with the risk of the fine and would rather work longer hours if this is the case.
On the other hand part time contracts are lunacy here. If I want someone to work 20 hours how can I know 6 months down the line what 20 hours I want them to work.:wow:
If in a given month I want them to work a bit more I would pay more but there you go.

Goldenmaniac
03-08-2011, 17:16
Those with business what do you think about this.
I am anti ilegal working. I can't live with the risk of the fine and would rather work longer hours if this is the case.
On the other hand part time contracts are lunacy here. If I want someone to work 20 hours how can I know 6 months down the line what 20 hours I want them to work.:wow:
If in a given month I want them to work a bit more I would pay more but there you go.

You should talk to your asesor laboral (or Gestor if they are incorporated together) there are contract provisions styles that can do exactly what you say ie work 20 hours between Monday and Friday no more than 5 hours per day la la la - with provision for extra hours as and when required - in other words make things more flexible.

9PLUS
03-08-2011, 19:55
I reckon they should spent more time reworking the Spanish employment laws and their constitution

Instead of trying to fine their way out of the crisis.

However i agree with this fine well if they enforce it...

tonypub
03-08-2011, 20:23
imagine a business with 15 staff,10 legal,5 illegal.50000e fine,business closes,staff on paro,no more taxes, a vicious circle that has evolved over many years though its lots better now than it was.

bonitatime
22-11-2011, 16:22
I would like to publicly thanks Goldenmaniac for her help I had a question which I didn't seem to find a solution too and not only did she take the time to answer me but she also looked up what I could use to further solve my difficulties.

:thanx:

timmylish
23-11-2011, 01:08
Its a pleasure to see people taking the time to thank other members!
Pity about the attempt to undermine someone else on another thread. Not nice. Please don,t do. Sort it out privately!