PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a solar powered pool heater?

tracey_in_tenerife
02-08-2011, 15:59
We are moving out this month and although we have had our house on the island 4 years, most of the time we have to have the pool heater on while we are there and because we are moving out, i think the most cost effective way of heating the pool would be a solar powered heater, are they any good?
Where would you reccommend we buy one from?

doreen
02-08-2011, 16:03
I have a slightly different system in that it is the pool cover that is the solar panel - in Summer it is almost too hot (32 plus at times) so I have to open the cover for periods - in Winter, it is not quite enough and has to be combined with the heater ... I reckon a solar panel system on a roof would be similar, but not quite as effective.

William N. Will
14-07-2014, 10:13
Well currently I have a electric pool heater.. but also considering about a solar pool heater because I heard its much better then gas and electric heaters! Can anyone give me some information about them and suggest me some affordable and good solar pool heaters?

LUCKY
14-07-2014, 10:17
We are moving out this month and although we have had our house on the island 4 years, most of the time we have to have the pool heater on while we are there and because we are moving out, i think the most cost effective way of heating the pool would be a solar powered heater, are they any good?
Where would you reccommend we buy one from?
:flatcap: just a link

http://www.tenerife-sun4free.com/directory/tenerifebusiness492.htm

William N. Will
15-07-2014, 11:38
Well currently I have a electric pool heater (http://www.thepoolfactory.com/pool-supplies/pool-equipment/pool-heaters).. but also considering about a solar pool heater because I heard its much better then gas and electric heaters! Can anyone give me some information about them and suggest me some affordable and good solar pool heaters?

Thanks for sharing the link but I didn't something helpful here. can you please explain it?