PDA

View Full Version : Flight to Murcia

Angusjim
05-06-2011, 09:54
We went over to Spain last weekend for a friends birthday big mistake as it was school holiday weekend why can "modern" parents not control / take responsibilty for their kids non stop shouting / screaming / running up and down the plane / kicking the back of my seat and the kids were even worse.

Just reminded me why I try to avoid flying during school holidays:poke:

Rant over

Yours Victor Meldrew

Harmonicaman
05-06-2011, 09:58
Yeah, Jim, we're the same. Don't fly during school holidays...plus it's cheaper out with school holidays too!

karinagal
05-06-2011, 11:46
We went over to Spain last weekend for a friends birthday big mistake as it was school holiday weekend why can "modern" parents not control / take responsibilty for their kids non stop shouting / screaming / running up and down the plane / kicking the back of my seat and the kids were even worse.

Rant over

Yours Victor Meldrew

I can feel a thread about child free flights hovering on the horizon...... careful now - stirred up a lot of hostility last time!! (don't tell anyone - but I voted yes, I would be willing to pay extra...) :run:

Susief
05-06-2011, 12:31

Rant over

Yours Victor Meldrew

We have had a few trips with some misbehaved kids! Parents are worse than kids! Kids shouldn't be allowed to run up and down the plane. One little boy fell and just missed hitting his head on metal framework! Parents would probably try and sue airline! lol

When mine were little we always used to take things for them to do!

Think one of problems is all the junk food/drinks the parents ply them with but has the opposite effect! Hence hyperactive kids!

On a positive note we have been on flights with very well behaved kids!

uptowngirl
05-06-2011, 12:44
Don't tar everyone with the same brush!!!! Please........................:pray:

Like the infamous saying, "Only the good die young"............................ does that mean that everyone over 50 is a T WAT???????:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Angusjim
05-06-2011, 13:17
Don't tar everyone with the same brush!!!! Please........................:pray:

Like the infamous saying, "Only the good die young"............................ does that mean that everyone over 50 is a T WAT???????:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

You are correct I should not tar all with the same brush and I would say on the whole kids are well behaved on planes but unfotunately it would appear not the ones who sit beside me. Like Susie we looked after our kids on the plane and brought plenty of games etc to amuse them.

And yes I would say I am a bit of an old **** :eyebrows::whistle:

Margaretta
06-06-2011, 10:04
Having suffered really bad behaviour from three children on a recent flight we really wished that when airlines ask for families to come forward after speedy boarding that they sit the families altogether in one area of the plane. We were on an early morning flight having had only three hours sleep and wanted to relax on the plane. We endured three and a half hours of three children kicking our seats, blowing on the tops of opur heads, breathing crisps etc in our direction, shouting and wrestling. Three young children sitting together while the parents were having a drink together further up the aisle on the other side, oblivious and shoulder-shrugging even when the air-hostess requested they take charge.
Yes there are beautifully behaved children whose parents keep them happily occupied. We've 'been there done that' it's not easy but we planned for it so why can't others?
But I think there comes a point where it should be recognised that there could be advantages all round if young families sat together.

Goforgold
06-06-2011, 10:16
don't tar everyone with the same brush!!!! Please........................:pray:

Like the infamous saying, "only the good die young"............................ Does that mean that everyone over 50 is a t wat???????:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

yes!!!! :)

Leam_Lin
06-06-2011, 10:34
Having suffered really bad behaviour from three children on a recent flight we really wished that when airlines ask for families to come forward after speedy boarding that they sit the families altogether in one area of the plane. We were on an early morning flight having had only three hours sleep and wanted to relax on the plane. We endured three and a half hours of three children kicking our seats, blowing on the tops of opur heads, breathing crisps etc in our direction, shouting and wrestling. Three young children sitting together while the parents were having a drink together further up the aisle on the other side, oblivious and shoulder-shrugging even when the air-hostess requested they take charge.
Yes there are beautifully behaved children whose parents keep them happily occupied. We've 'been there done that' it's not easy but we planned for it so why can't others?
But I think there comes a point where it should be recognised that there could be advantages all round if young families sat together.

Exactly the same happened to us.
Also the seats in front with small children seated, first thing kids do is put the seat back for the whole flight.

Susief
06-06-2011, 10:53
Exactly the same happened to us.
Also the seats in front with small children seated, first thing kids do is put the seat back for the whole flight.

Not when you fly Ryanair! Lol. Love that part! Hate it when as soon as flight takes off people put their seat back for the duration! Monarch flights come to mind!

Leam_Lin
06-06-2011, 11:08
Not when you fly Ryanair! Lol. Love that part! Hate it when as soon as flight takes off people put their seat back for the duration! Monarch flights come to mind!

Yes, it was Monarch.

Why not with Ryanair?

Goforgold
06-06-2011, 11:11

We had a great flight with Ryanair and more leg room too. We've just booked with Thomas Cook. Can't remember what they are like, but think the leg room isn't good. Ah well just having a holiday to look forward to is the main thing - I will worry about the flight when I'm on it. We've booked second row from the back. I wanted to book last row at the back so no-one could kick my seat but OH reminded me that the leg room seemed even tighter on the back row last time. Thank goodness it's an afternoon flight and I won't be so grumpy as in the middle of the night!!! :)

Leam_Lin
06-06-2011, 11:14
We had a great flight with Ryanair and more leg room too. We've just booked with Thomas Cook. Can't remember what they are like, but think the leg room isn't good. Ah well just having a holiday to look forward to is the main thing - I will worry about the flight when I'm on it. We've booked second row from the back. I wanted to book last row at the back so no-one could kick my seat but OH reminded me that the leg room seemed even tighter on the back row last time. Thank goodness it's an afternoon flight and I won't be so grumpy as in the middle of the night!!! :)

Don't forget thos cook is only 5 kg of hand luggage if I remember.

Goforgold
06-06-2011, 11:33
Don't forget thos cook is only 5 kg of hand luggage if I remember.

Thanks - just checked and it is 5kg. It's 20kg each for the cases so that's ok. I know last year I did say next time I would either go case free or just take the one - but when it came to it we couldn't be bothered to faff and just went for it!!

Susief
06-06-2011, 11:35
Thanks - just checked and it is 5kg. It's 20kg each for the cases so that's ok. I know last year I did say next time I would either go case free or just take the one - but when it came to it we couldn't be bothered to faff and just went for it!!

What date you going GFG?

Goforgold
06-06-2011, 12:17
What date you going GFG?

'ello me old mucka!!! :) We're going Sunday 2nd October - Thursday 12 October - can't wait, just what we needed to look forward to. :)

Susief
06-06-2011, 12:21
'ello me old mucka!!! :) We're going Sunday 2nd October - Thursday 12 October - can't wait, just what we needed to look forward to. :)

Good one, you need something to look forward to! Like winter here again today!